View Poll Results: Should the 15 and 16 year old also be tried as adults

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes and throw away the key

    89 89.00%
  • no, they deserve a second chance

    11 11.00%
Page 53 of 114 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1132

Thread: Should these teens be tried as adults

  1. #521
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Thank you for the links. They are relevant today in what way?

    I take it the bottom line is opposition to the death penalty period.
    Yes, and there are plenty of posts here advocating for the killing of these kids, which makes us better how? The only difference is the purpose of the killing. It's still killing helpless human beings, and in this instance immature human beings. To me that is disgusting.

  2. #522
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes, and there are plenty of posts here advocating for the killing of these kids, which makes us better how? The only difference is the purpose of the killing. It's still killing helpless human beings, and in this instance immature human beings. To me that is disgusting.
    I have stated unequivocally that I do not support the DP for these individuals. But... "helpless"... really?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #523
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Okay, juvenile or minor then. Still doesn't change the fact that they aren't adults and should not ever be treated as if they are.
    whatever....let your heart keep bleeding for these criminals. and then in a few years when they are released from juvie and kill again, be sure to send a sympathy card to the family of their victim.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #524
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I have stated unequivocally that I do not support the DP for these individuals. But... "helpless"... really?
    They're pretty much helpless while they're locked up in a facility from the state killing them.

  5. #525
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    If you are old enough to do the crime....you are old enough to do the time.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #526
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    They're pretty much helpless while they're locked up in a facility from the state killing them.
    yeah...almost as helpless as the innocent guy they shot in the back.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #527
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    whatever....let your heart keep bleeding for these criminals. and then in a few years when they are released from juvie and kill again, be sure to send a sympathy card to the family of their victim.
    They can be locked up. There is absolutely no reason to kill them. Besides, it's apparently illegal to give minors under 18 the DP anyway, so there you go.

  8. #528
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah...almost as helpless as the innocent guy they shot in the back.
    Exactly, so what makes you any better for killing them?

  9. #529
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    They're pretty much helpless while they're locked up in a facility from the state killing them.
    I agree with you so often on so many issues, but you're just losing me on this one.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #530
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    They can be locked up. There is absolutely no reason to kill them. Besides, it's apparently illegal to give minors under 18 the DP anyway, so there you go.
    I agree, allow them to live out the rest of their punk ass thug life behind bars with all the other murderers.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •