View Poll Results: Should the 15 and 16 year old also be tried as adults

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes and throw away the key

    89 89.00%
  • no, they deserve a second chance

    11 11.00%
Page 42 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1132

Thread: Should these teens be tried as adults

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Which would leave 31 that do.... so I'd say it is more than just MY opinion.
    Look, I'm not going to get into this stupid tit for tat thing with you. I said my piece, and you are free to disagree.

  2. #412
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    See my reply to ChrisL. The murderers in question were tried by a judge, found guilty by jury, sentenced to die by jury, all according to my State's laws made by elected legislators... how you get vigiliantes out of that is beyond me.



    The simple answer is that I didn't get it out of that, I got it out of the history of the USA and the world.


  3. #413
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    By personal, I mean you personally attacking my child by insinuating that he is some psychopath. Get a grip on yourself.



    I read the link, and it said that when LWOP was introduced, the statistics changed. What you state above does not change that fact gleaned from your own link.



    Exactly, it does not discuss the juvenile system at all. You can't just make claims, you have to back them with proof. Well, I guess you can just throw claims out there without anything to back them but it's certainly not a very good tactic to make your point.

    Anyhow, when and if you produce a link or something new about this particular case, then feel free to quote me, but I think I've done just about everything I can to try to convince people that killing people who are already in custody is useless.
    You know, I have to wonder where you're coming from - I didn't attack your child at all - I, in effect, attacked you, since you claimed to have a 17 year old son so that led you to understand how a 17 yr old could do something like these three young men are accused of - my condolences were to your son whom you seem to be implying is capable of murder, simply because he was 17. Pretty sad, for him.

    As for the poll - nothing you've posted changes the fact that when asked 63% of Canadians polled favored the return of the death penalty.

    Finally, I'm just as entitled as you to express anecdotal information from my experiences here in Canada and that includes the public discussion/debate about youth criminal justice. If you're going to demand a link for every view I hold, you're not going to get it because I make up my own mind based on a variety of source material, thought, and experience. You're pretty free with your views without attribution, so grow up.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #414
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Look, I'm not going to get into this stupid tit for tat thing with you. I said my piece, and you are free to disagree.

    One could easily dispute who made this a "tit for tat", but ok fine. I disagree.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #415
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The simple answer is that I didn't get it out of that, I got it out of the history of the USA and the world.

    Good for you, I suppose. However I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about within the rule of law.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You know, I have to wonder where you're coming from - I didn't attack your child at all - I, in effect, attacked you, since you claimed to have a 17 year old son so that led you to understand how a 17 yr old could do something like these three young men are accused of - my condolences were to your son whom you seem to be implying is capable of murder, simply because he was 17. Pretty sad, for him.
    Whatever. What you said was rude at the very least, and now I can see that your apology was also insincere.

    As for the poll - nothing you've posted changes the fact that when asked 63% of Canadians polled favored the return of the death penalty.
    It most certainly does, the fact that when LWOP was brought the statistics CHANGED. Lol!

    Finally, I'm just as entitled as you to express anecdotal information from my experiences here in Canada and that includes the public discussion/debate about youth criminal justice. If you're going to demand a link for every view I hold, you're not going to get it because I make up my own mind based on a variety of source material, thought, and experience. You're pretty free with your views without attribution, so grow up.
    I never said otherwise. You made a specific claim about people being unhappy with the juvenile justice system in Canada. Where did you glean that information from if not from a poll or some other statistical data? AND if you did get the information from some statistics, then you can certainly provide them. If not, then I will assume that this was another anecdotal story.

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    One could easily dispute who made this a "tit for tat", but ok fine. I disagree.
    I think you quoted me first, which means you started it.

  8. #418
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That is totally your opinion and nothing more.





    Well it certainly doesn't sound like any kind of modern system of justice to me

    It sounds more like eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Straight out of the Old Testament and the Koran.

  9. #419
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Whatever. What you said was rude at the very least, and now I can see that your apology was also insincere.



    It most certainly does, the fact that when LWOP was brought the statistics CHANGED. Lol!



    I never said otherwise. You made a specific claim about people being unhappy with the juvenile justice system in Canada. Where did you glean that information from if not from a poll or some other statistical data? AND if you did get the information from some statistics, then you can certainly provide them. If not, then I will assume that this was another anecdotal story.
    Firstly, my apology was sincere, however, you were incapable of accepting it graciously and moving on, insisting on attacking me - if you attack me, falsely, I'll respond - if you don't like it too effing bad.

    Secondly, the poll is the poll and you can glean from it what you will - it was provided because you asked for it.

    Finally, not all information known to man must eminate from either a poll or statistical data. I shared with you that people "feel" that youth in Canada are not being sufficiently charged and sentenced under the youth justice system here. If you don't believe it, again, too effing bad - come here and talk to some Canadians if you want.

    On that, I'll say goodnight.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #420
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Firstly, my apology was sincere, however, you were incapable of accepting it graciously and moving on, insisting on attacking me - if you attack me, falsely, I'll respond - if you don't like it too effing bad.

    Secondly, the poll is the poll and you can glean from it what you will - it was provided because you asked for it.

    Finally, not all information known to man must eminate from either a poll or statistical data. I shared with you that people "feel" that youth in Canada are not being sufficiently charged and sentenced under the youth justice system here. If you don't believe it, again, too effing bad - come here and talk to some Canadians if you want.

    On that, I'll say goodnight.
    Good, I appreciate it. Your argument stinks to high heaven anyway.

Page 42 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •