View Poll Results: Should the 15 and 16 year old also be tried as adults

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes and throw away the key

    89 89.00%
  • no, they deserve a second chance

    11 11.00%
Page 35 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1132

Thread: Should these teens be tried as adults

  1. #341
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Your personal feelings aside, there hasn't been a trial.
    I look forward to you eating crow when these 3 "children" cop a plea to avoid "life without parole"
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    you are the only one here saying sentence children (which is bull**** anyway. from a legal standpoint the term "child" only applies to persons 14 and under) as adults. they should be CHARGED as adults and let the chips fall where they may
    That's your opinion. I've expressed mine and backed them with real information and facts rather than emotional pleas.

    Oh and I almost forgot my smiley.

  3. #343
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Irrelevant, you are jumping to conclusions and convicting these kids before they have had a trial and all the evidence against them has come out. That is NOT how our system works.
    Not irrelevent at all, the kids are on record as implicating themselves.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #344
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That's your opinion. I've expressed mine and backed them with real information and facts rather than emotional pleas.

    Oh and I almost forgot my smiley.
    It is also the "opinion" of the authorities in OK....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Not irrelevent at all, the kids are on record as implicating themselves.
    Yes, and check out the links on the past two pages that I posted. And here's another. Really, you guys should be reading these and trying to better educate yourselves about the matter. They are extremely educational and loaded with things I'll bet you never knew.

    http://cklawreview.com/wp-content/up...no1/Weaver.pdf

  6. #346
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes, and check out the links on the past two pages that I posted. And here's another. Really, you guys should be reading these and trying to better educate yourselves about the matter. They are extremely educational and loaded with things I'll bet you never knew.

    http://cklawreview.com/wp-content/up...no1/Weaver.pdf
    Chris, the kids implicated themselves in a heinous crime. Their only excuse is "we were bored", that is not going to make any case for them being elibible for anything less than life.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    I've argued this issue extensively at Comcast forums too. I've already done research into this subject, and even though I really like you guys I will not abandon my principals on this given what I've learned. Sorry.

  8. #348
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I've argued this issue extensively at Comcast forums too. I've already done research into this subject, and even though I really like you guys I will not abandon my principals on this given what I've learned. Sorry.
    3 teenagers, well above the age where "I didn't know any better" is even remotely an excuse, implicate themselves in a premeditated execution of a random stranger. at least one of them tells authorities they did it "for the fun of it" and you insist they be treated like "children". you can keep those "principles"
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #349
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,180

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No one is suggesting leniency, just not putting them death or throwing them into an adult correctional system. Also, I have a 17-year-old son, so I think I certainly do know exactly how they behave, etc., and I disagree with your assessment completely.
    Well, my condolences if you have a 17 yr old son and you can understand how he might one day just up and think, gee, let's execute some stranger today for something to do.

    As for leniency, yes indeed you are suggesting leniency if you don't want them to be subject to the death penalty or put in an adult correctional facility as punishment for executing another young man.

    So again I'll ask, anyone who wants to answer, what is your suggested "severe" punishment or "non-lenient" punishment for a 15, 16, 17 year old who executes another human being?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #350
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So again I'll ask, anyone who wants to answer, what is your suggested "severe" punishment or "non-lenient" punishment for a 15, 16, 17 year old who executes another human being?
    In this case, where three youths went on a "joy killing" of a man who did nothing to them, execution is a fitting punishment for the one who pulled the trigger. Life sentences for the other two, no parole.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

Page 35 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •