View Poll Results: Should the 15 and 16 year old also be tried as adults

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes and throw away the key

    89 89.00%
  • no, they deserve a second chance

    11 11.00%
Page 24 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1132

Thread: Should these teens be tried as adults

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Regarding the appeals process, anyone who understands our rights and the law can easily understand why the appeals process takes years. That is to ensure that our government is not murdering INNOCENT citizens. There have been numerous cases where prosecutors, etc., have engaged in illegal practices just to have a person convicted. This is a FACT. Just recently in Massachusetts there were TWO instances where the forensic laboratory technician forged results of their tests. One was having an affair with the assistant DA. Human beings are fallible, and THAT is why we have such an extensive appeals process.

    How can you support state-sponsored murder of citizens after they are already in custody and no longer a threat? You are okay with our government murdering it's people? Because THAT is what it is.

    The rest of your post is emotionally charged nonsense.
    You post that then tell me my post is emotionally charged, hahahahahahah. You killin' me man. You shold do stand up.

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    You post that then tell me my post is emotionally charged, hahahahahahah. You killin' me man. You shold do stand up.
    Good response to the points I made. Perhaps you should just bow out gracefully?

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Good response to the points I made. Perhaps you should just bow out gracefully?
    Why, I told you no matter what you say I will not change my mind on this. But you keep swinging a way with some weak bleeding heart BS about how we should handle these type of people.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Look, I can totally get why people are emotionally charged up. I hear cases all the time where I'm like, "I could kill that guy with my bare hands myself." But that's the emotional side of your brain taking over. Once you let the logical side take over, you realize that killing people for killing people is not only kind of stupid, but also completely unnecessary in today's day and age. It's more expensive to kill them because of the appeals process, it takes a really, really long time, and some actually die of natural causes before they're put to death, sometimes we find out someone IS actually innocent, etc.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Why, I told you no matter what you say I will not change my mind on this. But you keep swinging a way with some weak bleeding heart BS about how we should handle these type of people.
    Okay whatever. This IS a debate site though. I thought you would be interested in actually defending your position, but that's fine by me.

  6. #236
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And also:



    I know why. It's because people get angry and break out their pitchforks and torches. Instead of thinking logically about the situation, they let emotion take over.
    Is it not rational to expect that you can jog down the street without being executed by "bored" minors? How is it logical to forgive violent crime simply because the perp was "too young" to think rationally? Why are these folks that, are unable to make rational decisions, allowed to pilot 2 ton missles upon our roadways?

    The purpose of criminal law is to protect the rights of all in society from the actions of others that may choose to violate those rights, if you choose to exempt all under age X from that system and say that anything, including murder "for fun", is merely part of growing up "young and bored" does that not bother you?

    You may not get "emotional" about the loss of Chris Lane, and have more sympathy/empathy for the young morons that thought killing someone was "fun", and an excellent way to relieve their bordom, but that opinion would likely change if it were your family or friend that was "erased" simply because some "kids" decided that it would be "fun" to watch them die.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Is it not rational to expect that you can jog down the street without being executed by "bored" minors? How is it logical to forgive violent crime simply because the perp was "too young" to think rationally? Why are these folks that, are unable to make rational decisions, allowed to pilot 2 ton missles upon our roadways?
    Forgiveness is up to the family, not me. I never mentioned forgiveness. I agree, 16 years old is too young to be driving. They consist of 10% of drivers and make up at least 30% of all accidents. This is just another example of their impulsivity and recklessness, but because teens have jobs and do contribute to the economy people figure they need to drive too.

    The purpose of criminal law is to protect the rights of all in society from the actions of others that may choose to violate those rights, if you choose to exempt all under age X from that system and say that anything, including murder "for fun", is merely part of growing up "young and bored" does that not bother you?
    Who said it didn't bother me? Of course it does. I'm a human being. I do at least try to look at it from a logical rather than an emotional point of view. It's difficult and I'm not always very successful, but I still don't feel the blood lust that others seem to have in this particular case. I already said that there should be special arrangements for situations such as this. BTW, this is sad and terrible, but it's certainly not the most heinous. FAR from it.

    You may not get "emotional" about the loss of Chris Lane, and have more sympathy/empathy for the young morons that thought killing someone was "fun", and an excellent way to relieve their bordom, but that opinion would likely change if it were your family or friend that was "erased" simply because some "kids" decided that it would be "fun" to watch them die.
    Here is an example of you putting words into mouth because you are emotionally charged up about the murder. Never have I stated that I have more sympathy for them. Sorry that I don't agree with murdering children who are already in custody and no longer a threat to society.

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Okay whatever. This IS a debate site though. I thought you would be interested in actually defending your position, but that's fine by me.
    I have defended it. Right or wrong. Did these kids know it? Yep, they did. Did they kill anyway? Yep, they did. You defend THEM.
    Anything less than life is not acceptable.

  9. #239
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Forgiveness is up to the family, not me. I never mentioned forgiveness. I agree, 16 years old is too young to be driving. They consist of 10% of drivers and make up at least 30% of all accidents. This is just another example of their impulsivity and recklessness, but because teens have jobs and do contribute to the economy people figure they need to drive too.



    Who said it didn't bother me? Of course it does. I'm a human being. I do at least try to look at it from a logical rather than an emotional point of view. It's difficult and I'm not always very successful, but I still don't feel the blood lust that others seem to have in this particular case. I already said that there should be special arrangements for situations such as this. BTW, this is sad and terrible, but it's certainly not the most heinous. FAR from it.



    Here is an example of you putting words into mouth because you are emotionally charged up about the murder. Never have I stated that I have more sympathy for them. Sorry that I don't agree with murdering children who are already in custody and no longer a threat to society.
    Minors are exempt from the death penalty, but should not be exempt from LWOP for premeditated murder. The defense is not that they did this by accident, or did not understand the likely outcome of their actions - these morons planned to kill, selected (at least) one victim, took steps to hide eveidence, boasted of their actions and were planning on more killing.

    Placing them in "kiddie jail" for a few months is not ample protection for society, from known, selfish monsters with no concern about the very lives, much less the rights, of others. These "good boys" should get what anyone capable of first degree murder gets - permanent removal from society.

    If you think it "less cruel" to lock someone up for 60 years than to humanely terminate them then that is OK with me, as I see suffering in cage for "eternity" as being worse than a "painless" death.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    You may not get "emotional" about the loss of Chris Lane, and have more sympathy/empathy for the young morons that thought killing someone was "fun", and an excellent way to relieve their bordom, but that opinion would likely change if it were your family or friend that was "erased" simply because some "kids" decided that it would be "fun" to watch them die.
    What? You dont think he would go to the funeral of a loved one and tell the others that they should only think logically and to leave their emotions at home.
    Think of what the killers are going through, how terrible their lives were and certianly will be in jail.
    I had a friend murdered many years ago, and people like him gave the guy 20 years for an excecution style murder over a woman.
    The killer was also a police officer as my friend was.
    He is out now and keeps getting in trouble, but seems to keep getting chances. Even though he gave someone else no chance at all. He destroyed a family, but good god. We have to keep giving chances to a killer. LOL

Page 24 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •