View Poll Results: Should the 15 and 16 year old also be tried as adults

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes and throw away the key

    89 89.00%
  • no, they deserve a second chance

    11 11.00%
Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1132

Thread: Should these teens be tried as adults

  1. #1111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by lolabird View Post
    Don't play stupid at this point.
    No seriously, what game is that?

  2. #1112
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No seriously, what game is that?
    Your game is to report those whom you cannot conquer with your child play.
    The only way you can elevate your self-esteem is to try and punish them with threats of "I'm going to report you."
    Go ahead!

  3. #1113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by lolabird View Post
    Your game is to report those whom you cannot conquer with your child play.
    The only way you can elevate your self-esteem is to try and punish them with threats of "I'm going to report you."
    Go ahead!
    Actually, I've only ever reported one person. I don't have to. Now, are you going to back up your allegations with facts or continue to play this silly game? I'm still waiting. If you don't produce, I'll have to assume you're lying.'

    Oh, and by the way, parroting the prosecution side of the story does NOT constitute fact, not until such things are PROVEN in a court of law.

  4. #1114
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Actually, I've only ever reported one person. I don't have to. Now, are you going to back up your allegations with facts or continue to play this silly game? I'm still waiting. If you don't produce, I'll have to assume you're lying.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of U.

  5. #1115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by lolabird View Post
    When you assume, you make an ass out of U.
    Let me teach you something else while I have your undivided attention. Anything that anyone says about this case as it stands right now are only "allegations." I hope you know what that means. If not just ask me! I'll gladly provide you with a definition, or you could just google it yourself.

    Anyway, as I was saying, those are only allegations until they are proven during the trial. You do understand how the justice system works right? Innocent until PROVEN guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law by a judge or jury of your peers.

  6. #1116
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Let me teach you something else while I have your undivided attention. Anything that anyone says about this case as it stands right now are only "allegations." I hope you know what that means. If not just ask me! I'll gladly provide you with a definition, or you could just google it yourself.

    Anyway, as I was saying, those are only allegations until they are proven during the trial. You do understand how the justice system works right? Innocent until PROVEN guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law by a judge or jury of your peers.
    So, James Francis Edwards' confession is only an allegation?

    al·le·ga·tion


    /ˌaliˈgāSHən/


    noun

    noun: allegation; plural noun: allegations



    1.



    a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof.

  7. #1117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by lolabird View Post
    So, James Francis Edwards' confession is only an allegation?

    al·le·ga·tion


    /ˌaliˈgāSHən/


    noun

    noun: allegation; plural noun: allegations



    1.



    a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof.
    Yes it is. Rarely are convictions made on confessions alone. Just recently in Sweden, an alleged serial killer who was convicted of killing 8 people, to which he confessed, was released or is being released from prison, as he retracted his confession.

    You really need to do some research.

    The Innocence Project - Understand the Causes: False Confessions / Admissions

    False Confessions
    In about 25% of DNA exoneration cases, innocent defendants made incriminating statements, delivered outright confessions or pled guilty.

    These cases show that confessions are not always prompted by internal knowledge or actual guilt, but are sometimes motivated by external influences.
    Children and teenagers are ESPECIALLY susceptible.

  8. #1118
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes it is. Rarely are convictions made on confessions alone. Just recently in Sweden, an alleged serial killer who was convicted of killing 8 people, to which he confessed, was released or is being released from prison, as he retracted his confession.

    You really need to do some research.

    The Innocence Project - Understand the Causes: False Confessions / Admissions



    Children and teenagers are ESPECIALLY susceptible.
    in·cor·ri·gi·ble


    /inˈkôrijəbəl, -ˈkär-/


    adjective

    adjective: incorrigible



    1.



    (of a person or their tendencies) not able to be corrected, improved, or reformed
    You are incorribible

  9. #1119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by lolabird View Post
    in·cor·ri·gi·ble


    /inˈkôrijəbəl, -ˈkär-/


    adjective

    adjective: incorrigible



    1.



    (of a person or their tendencies) not able to be corrected, improved, or reformed
    You are incorribible
    I'm still waiting for you to make a valid argument to back your claims or to admit that you really don't know anything about this other than what you read in an article. You can continue to act foolish if you wish though.

  10. #1120
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Should these teens be tried as adults

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm still waiting for you to make a valid argument to back your claims or to admit that you really don't know anything about this other than what you read in an article. You can continue to act foolish if you wish though.
    Keep your eyes crossed and hold your breath. That's about all someone like can do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •