View Poll Results: How are we doing at addressing bullying?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • We're not doing enough.

    28 42.42%
  • We're right on track and taking appropriate measures.

    8 12.12%
  • We're blowing it way out of proportion.

    23 34.85%
  • Other.

    7 10.61%
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 366

Thread: Bullying...

  1. #1
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Bullying...

    Bullying... the new trendy social issue. How are we doing at addressing it?

    I don't think any reasonable person would deny that bullying exists, but... are we properly addressing the issue or are we blowing it out of proportion?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #2
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Bullying...

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Bullying... the new trendy social issue. How are we doing at addressing it?

    I don't think any reasonable person would deny that bullying exists, but... are we properly addressing the issue or are we blowing it out of proportion?
    We are only addressing it superficially. Truth is bullying is the american way. Let's see people address that deeper reality.

  3. #3
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Bullying...

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    We are only addressing it superficially. Truth is bullying is the american way. Let's see people address that deeper reality.
    Bullying is human nature. There's nothing exclusively American about it.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #4
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Bullying...

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Bullying is human nature. There's nothing exclusively American about it.
    I never said it was exclusive.

  5. #5
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Bullying...

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I never said it was exclusive.
    "Truth is bullying is the american way." suggests otherwise.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,632
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bullying...

    Bullying has always been ignored, and the victim told to "man up" or "quit whining", etc. Teachers pretend it doesn't exist because they don't want to deal with the bully's parents, parents of bullies excuse it with part of growing up, parents of victims wring their hands because they honestly don't know what to do about it.

    Fact is, bullying has gone global, and bullying kills. Victims of bullying, even if they don't take their own lives (which all too many do) have their personalities irrevocably changed by what is happening to them. Their sense of self-worth, of safety, of simply being a kid, are all stripped from them. And we as a nation have allowed this to happen.

    No, we haven't done enough to stop it... not by a long shot.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Bullying...

    In case you have not noticed, the Anti-Bullying campaign is a pro-gay rights campaign in disguise. Every now and then they will throw in a non-white face to make it seem like it isn't what it is, but in the end, that is all it is.

  8. #8
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Bullying...

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    "Truth is bullying is the american way." suggests otherwise.
    To you ,but I am letting you know what I did and did not say. Your in interpretation has your spin on it. Your version is yours and mine is accurate.

  9. #9
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Bullying...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    In case you have not noticed, the Anti-Bullying campaign is a pro-gay rights campaign in disguise. Every now and then they will throw in a non-white face to make it seem like it isn't what it is, but in the end, that is all it is.
    Not sure what that means. Are you implying somehow that robs it of it's validity?

  10. #10
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Bullying...

    Yeah, what we probably need to be doing, as we did when I was young and in school, is let someone kick the bully's ass, rather than teaching children to be passive, and punishing them for fighting back against an aggressor.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •