View Poll Results: Who was the best

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • John F. Kennedy

    15 16.30%
  • Lyndon B. Johnson

    1 1.09%
  • Richard Nixon

    2 2.17%
  • Gerald Ford

    2 2.17%
  • Jimmy Carter

    2 2.17%
  • Ronald Regan

    34 36.96%
  • George Bush Sr.

    3 3.26%
  • Bill Clinton

    24 26.09%
  • George W. Bush

    4 4.35%
  • Barack Obama

    5 5.43%
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 219

Thread: Who was the best president of the last ten

  1. #201
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Who was the best president of the last ten

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    males models did them in
    hahahahahh good one dude san-a-belt slacks were a crime against humanity

  2. #202
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 07:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Who was the best president of the last ten

    Quote Originally Posted by Xsnake1 View Post
    John F. Kennedy - 1961-1963
    Lyndon B. Johnson - 1963-1969
    Richard Nixon - 1969-1974
    Gerald Ford - 1974-1977
    Jimmy Carter - 1977-1981
    Ronald Regan - 1981-1989
    George Bush Sr. - 1989-1993
    Bill Clinton - 1993-2001
    George W. Bush - 2001-2009
    Barack Obama - 2009-pres.
    Glad to see the low numbers for Obama, as they should be.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #203
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Who was the best president of the last ten

    oh so true Davey he is deserving of a negative number%@!#

  4. #204
    Advisor polisciguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-27-17 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: Who was the best president of the last ten

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    As far as effectiveness goes, I have to say Richard Nixon. Vision wise I like Kennedy, however because of his premature death I can't honestly state him as our best. For example his handling of the failure of the Bay Of Pigs Invasion.

    Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.
    -John F. Kennedy
    Well said. Kennedy is often regarded as one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) by many Americans. He certainly had the vision to become great, but ultimately had no time to implement his vision due to his death.
    Be skeptical of anyone who wears a political label - party or ideology - with pride. Most of our problems are because people love to "debate" (it isn't debate, but they pretend it is), but are not interested in developing solutions. Solutions require empathy, thought, and compromise, and most folks aren't interested.

  5. #205
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Who was the best president of the last ten

    sure if you over look the nepotism drug use and womanizing he's a bloody saint
    kinda like Marilyn Monroe and Judy Garland didn't have to endure the ravages of aging

  6. #206
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,223

    Re: Who was the best president of the last ten

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Your point is wrong. As the democrat president he worked WITH the opposition party to accomplish some extraordinary things. Those are the same characteristics that made Reagan a good leader. He was a smart politician. He knew when to say no, and knew when to say yes. We dont have a monarchy...the president is the EXECUTIVE branch. he helped work to ensure we had an effective LEGISLATIVE branch. He didnt fight it at ever turn and block it.

    Where you lose it completely is when you claim Obama is a more effective leader. Seriously? He is childish, petty, ineffective, and weak.
    He worked with them only after they forced him to. Remember the shut down? Reagan actually came up with stuff on his own and then got it done. Youre making my point exactly. All of the credit Clinton gets is because he happened to be there while other people were doing stuff.

  7. #207
    Some gave all....
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,462

    Re: Who was the best president of the last ten

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    He worked with them only after they forced him to. Remember the shut down? Reagan actually came up with stuff on his own and then got it done. Youre making my point exactly. All of the credit Clinton gets is because he happened to be there while other people were doing stuff.
    No doubt Clinton benefitted from having an active GOP congress. Doesnt change the facts. He was able to work with them and knew when to go along as well as when to push back.

  8. #208
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,223

    Re: Who was the best president of the last ten

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No doubt Clinton benefitted from having an active GOP congress. Doesnt change the facts. He was able to work with them and knew when to go along as well as when to push back.
    And youre rewriting history, because that's not what happened. He fought everything until he was forced over the edge. He didn't know when to do anything. He just did whatever the polls said he should do, and then went back to harassing the staff.

  9. #209
    Global Moderator
    Hello again!
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,451

    Re: Who was the best president of the last ten

    Interesting. The poll's running at 24 each for Clinton and Reagan, 13 for Kennedy. I'm surprised it's that close. I thought Reagan was a god to many.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  10. #210
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Who was the best president of the last ten

    Kennedy oh plz JFK & RFK got shot so we don't know, might have ended up like Teddy?
    his kid I remember for killing the Bessette sisters?
    oh and then there's Caroline ya know?

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •