View Poll Results: Should Daycare Be Subsidized?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Should Be Fixed Price (Quebec)

    3 5.77%
  • Yes, Means-Tested (France)

    9 17.31%
  • No, It Should Not Be Subsidized

    40 76.92%
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 435

Thread: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Sure thing, you live in fantasy land all you want and find out what happens.
    He's not the one living in fantasy land. He is old enough to see that things worked better in a traditional family unit. There is clear evidence that it has worked better in the past. Change for change's sake is not progress.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    One obvious solution is fewer single parents. Either have less unprotected sex or learn to work together to be a pair of parents. Part of the problem is that people are brought up believing there are no winners or losers. It's not true. People need to work together and put their kids first.
    Again, you are living in fantasy land. There are problems NOW that need to be solved, you are acting like there are no problems now.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    He's not the one living in fantasy land. He is old enough to see that things worked better in a traditional family unit. There is clear evidence that it has worked better in the past. Change for change's sake is not progress.
    So what is your choice force people to stay married? Force people to marry?

    Things change and things have changed. So the need to solve problems NOW not live in the past.

  4. #364
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So what is your choice force people to stay married? Force people to marry?

    Things change and things have changed. So the need to solve problems NOW not live in the past.
    State subsidies usually create more problems than they solve. You may also have heard about this other tiny problem called a budget deficit?

  5. #365
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So what is your choice force people to stay married? Force people to marry?

    Things change and things have changed. So the need to solve problems NOW not live in the past.
    You are the one who wants to force people because they can't take care of themselves. I prefer not to force anybody. Are people forced to have seks and produce children?

  6. #366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    State subsidies usually create more problems than they solve. You may also have heard about this other tiny problem called a budget deficit?
    So if you remove subisides for children to go to when parents give them up, remove subsidies for welfare, you have children and parents living in the streets with a higher crime rate. What's the cost for prisons, guards, etc?

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yet your answer is to let things get worse and higher crime rate.
    Answer is to make people take a vested interest in their future.

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So if you remove subisides for children to go to when parents give them up, remove subsidies for welfare, you have children and parents living in the streets with a higher crime rate. What's the cost for prisons, guards, etc?
    Then build more prisons. If people cannont act accordingly in civil society, jail is where they need to be.

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    You are the one who wants to force people because they can't take care of themselves. I prefer not to force anybody. Are people forced to have seks and produce children?
    Sure you are you are forcing them on the streets. You can cry absitnence all you want, it won't happen. You can choose to believe people won't have children, that's a fantasy. So you have to deal with the reality people WILL have children they can't afford. So do you want to increase the crime rate with a removal of all subisidies?

  10. #370
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So if you remove subisides for children to go to when parents give them up, remove subsidies for welfare, you have children and parents living in the streets with a higher crime rate. What's the cost for prisons, guards, etc?
    There you again, arguing that parents cannot be expected to take care of their children and will of necessity turn to crime. Where do you get that delusional idea?

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •