View Poll Results: Should Daycare Be Subsidized?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Should Be Fixed Price (Quebec)

    3 5.77%
  • Yes, Means-Tested (France)

    9 17.31%
  • No, It Should Not Be Subsidized

    40 76.92%
Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 435

Thread: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Great, so your solution is to increase the crime rate. Then how are you going to pay for the extra police, prisons, parol officers, etc? You have to remember that YOUR consequences for not allowing subsidies can cause even FURTHER costs later on.
    Dont need any more police. I am armed and more than ready able and willing to defend and protect me and mine.
    But you think that is the answer? "Oh, we better help these stupid people that did a stupid thing or they may come after me"?
    Gee, why dont we just adopt homeless people and families so they dont have to resort to crime.
    My god, if this is the mind set. I am not holding out much hope for the future of America.

  2. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, but there were a lot of single parents on welfare. The right has said that welfare shouldn't be used in this manner. So you either have subsidies for welfare, daycare or a higher crime rate.
    Yea the same people who were on welfare as kids because their mothers were on welfare, so its ingrained as a lifestyle.

  3. #353
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Dont need any more police. I am armed and more than ready able and willing to defend and protect me and mine.
    But you think that is the answer? "Oh, we better help these stupid people that did a stupid thing or they may come after me"?
    Gee, why dont we just adopt homeless people and families so they dont have to resort to crime.
    My god, if this is the mind set. I am not holding out much hope for the future of America.
    Sure thing, you live in fantasy land all you want and find out what happens.

  4. #354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Yea the same people who were on welfare as kids because their mothers were on welfare, so its ingrained as a lifestyle.
    Yet your answer is to let things get worse and higher crime rate.

  5. #355
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, but there were a lot of single parents on welfare. The right has said that welfare shouldn't be used in this manner. So you either have subsidies for welfare, daycare or a higher crime rate.
    You talk as if being dependent on the state is a natural thing. It isn't. It is perfectly possible for people to be responsible for ther behavior. If you feel that people should not be responsible for their behavior, then you are denouncing democracy and pleading for governmental control of people's lives.

  6. #356
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yet your answer is to let things get worse and higher crime rate.
    To you there are only two possibilities apparently: living on government subsidies or crime. What a negative view you have of people.

  7. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    To you there are only two possibilities apparently: living on government subsidies or crime. What a negative view you have of people.
    Nope I'm for welfare reform. I'm for setting limits while helping people get more educated. Since there is no limits set on welfare, it is unlimited.

  8. #358
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    You talk as if being dependent on the state is a natural thing. It isn't. It is perfectly possible for people to be responsible for ther behavior. If you feel that people should not be responsible for their behavior, then you are denouncing democracy and pleading for governmental control of people's lives.
    Wrong, I'm talking about the government giving a hand up to people rather than a hand-out. I'm for welfare reform with limits and education help.

  9. #359
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Wrong, I'm talking about the government giving a hand up to people rather than a hand-out. I'm for welfare reform with limits and education help.
    Well, I'm for letting people take responsibility for their own lives.

  10. #360
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, but there were a lot of single parents on welfare. The right has said that welfare shouldn't be used in this manner. So you either have subsidies for welfare, daycare or a higher crime rate.
    One obvious solution is fewer single parents. Either have less unprotected sex or learn to work together to be a pair of parents. Part of the problem is that people are brought up believing there are no winners or losers. It's not true. People need to work together and put their kids first.

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •