View Poll Results: Should Daycare Be Subsidized?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Should Be Fixed Price (Quebec)

    3 5.77%
  • Yes, Means-Tested (France)

    9 17.31%
  • No, It Should Not Be Subsidized

    40 76.92%
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 435

Thread: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

  1. #221
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    30,254

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    What do you think we want those educated people for? We wnat them so they can work and having expensive daycare forces either debt, a parent top stay home, etc/ which is a place they do not benefit the community.
    We want them to work so they can pump that money into the economy. So if the government is going to pay for daycare, that money has to come from somewhere and that's going to be taxes, thus making the entire reason we want people to work irrelevant in the first place!

    Don't you liberals have the ability to think about these things?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #222
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,277

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    So what you're saying is that only idiots live in Toronto? It would seem so if they put up with costs 4x higher than the rest of the nation.
    They practically pay 10x the cost for housing because Toronto is where the jobs are and is the 4th largest city in North America. If there is almost anything going on in Canada it's probably in Toronto or has something to do with it.

  3. #223
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,292

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    So what you're saying is that only idiots live in Toronto? It would seem so if they put up with costs 4x higher than the rest of the nation.
    As a resident of Toronto, I can defend us and say that we're not idiots - we love our city, it's the best city in the world - it is, however, also one of the most expensive places to live on the planet.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #224
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,452

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Ontario isn't a "have not province" - we do receive some equalization payments under the formula, basically because of the incompetence of our Liberal government over the past decade, however, we are still by far a net contributor to the federal treasury and our taxes and taxes from western provinces go to fun provinces like Quebec. Newfoundland, as an example, has moved towards more self-dependence yet Quebec, with natural resources not being exploited, prefers to live off the rest of the country. Perhaps Quebec is still hoping to one day split from Canada so they are saving their resource base for that dream.
    CJ, doesn't that come up for a vote regularly? Why do they wish to secede? It sounds like they haven't figured out what they want!

  5. #225
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    30,254

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    They practically pay 10x the cost for housing because Toronto is where the jobs are and is the 4th largest city in North America. If there is almost anything going on in Canada it's probably in Toronto or has something to do with it.
    So like I said, morons. And you're basing your entire argument on a single extreme. Anyone who doesn't want to pay that much just has to move. You just don't bother mentioning that you're using the extremes as the entire basis for your argument.

    Blatant dishonesty, it's the liberal way.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #226
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    30,254

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    As a resident of Toronto, I can defend us and say that we're not idiots - we love our city, it's the best city in the world - it is, however, also one of the most expensive places to live on the planet.
    Then nobody ought to whine about it, you made the choice to live there, you deal with the consequences. Someone tell that to Observer92.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #227
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,230

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    They practically pay 10x the cost for housing because Toronto is where the jobs are and is the 4th largest city in North America. If there is almost anything going on in Canada it's probably in Toronto or has something to do with it.
    Is it rational or irrational to, say, accept a job that pays less than the cost of your housing?

    Put another way, is it rational or irrational to reside in housing that costs more than the amount of money you make?

    Where you live geographically, what housing you purchase, what job you will perform, at what rate of pay... these are all choices individuals are free to make. People are even free to make irrational choices, for the most part.

  8. #228
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,277

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    So like I said, morons. And you're basing your entire argument on a single extreme. Anyone who doesn't want to pay that much just has to move. You just don't bother mentioning that you're using the extremes as the entire basis for your argument.

    Blatant dishonesty, it's the liberal way.
    Anyone who doesn't want to pay has to move and probably become unemployed or earn much much less and contributes much less or nothing to the economy.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    From personal experience, we used to pay about $800 a month for two kids, that's $400 per kid, or about $4800 a year. This is what happens when liberals cherry pick absurd numbers to make their idiotic arguments seem more reasonable.
    400 a month per child sounds about right. Maybe they just hate kids up in the "great white north".

  10. #230
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,292

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    CJ, doesn't that come up for a vote regularly? Why do they wish to secede? It sounds like they haven't figured out what they want!
    A loud minority will always want to secede, not realizing they'd be nowhere as an independent country - perhaps they hope for economic alliance with the US - are you looking for another state to suck on the federal teat??
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •