View Poll Results: Should Daycare Be Subsidized?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Should Be Fixed Price (Quebec)

    3 5.77%
  • Yes, Means-Tested (France)

    9 17.31%
  • No, It Should Not Be Subsidized

    40 76.92%
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 435

Thread: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

  1. #211
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    But you want other people to pay for your kids day care.
    The worlds economy is not our doing by the way.
    Our housing market did not make Greece, France, Italy go damn near belly up.
    In fact, liberalism and socialism did.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #212
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    If you pay for daycare there is more money for them to spend on other things. Daycare is a ginat expense for new parents.
    Hey, at that rate, why not open your own daycare? Taking care of 6-8 kids for 8 hours a day, at $20k a pop, that's more than the $100k you say they're earning in the first place.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #213
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Do you know Ontario is a have not province aswell? Quebec may receive the most money but doesn't benefit as much as other provinces who receive less money but has much more affect.You have the right to English language education in Quebec if you were taught English in Canada. That is also the reason private schools are popular it gets around the language rule. Equalization payments exist to prevent having what the Southern States are in the U.S. underfunded therefore provide horrible public services. The provinces are monolingual officially expect New Brunswick and Ontario is not officially bilingual just likes to be. No one forces Quebec to teach in English like no one forces Alberta to teach in French. I speak both languages so I'm fine. I want to live in Quebec mainly because that's where a lot of the jobs are for me.
    Ontario isn't a "have not province" - we do receive some equalization payments under the formula, basically because of the incompetence of our Liberal government over the past decade, however, we are still by far a net contributor to the federal treasury and our taxes and taxes from western provinces go to fun provinces like Quebec. Newfoundland, as an example, has moved towards more self-dependence yet Quebec, with natural resources not being exploited, prefers to live off the rest of the country. Perhaps Quebec is still hoping to one day split from Canada so they are saving their resource base for that dream.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #214
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Forced sterilisation of poor people? F*** off.
    No, forced responsibility. I know that doesn't make any sense to you socialist types.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #215
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I'm not sure day care usually costs 360 a month.
    From personal experience, we used to pay about $800 a month for two kids, that's $400 per kid, or about $4800 a year. This is what happens when liberals cherry pick absurd numbers to make their idiotic arguments seem more reasonable.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Hey, at that rate, why not open your own daycare? Taking care of 6-8 kids for 8 hours a day, at $20k a pop, that's more than the $100k you say they're earning in the first place.
    We've already proposed that.

    He's waiting for a CEO position to open up someplace.

  7. #217
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    yanno the Chinese one child rule could be amended and used here: to dumb to reproduce equals sterilization
    I think there was a buncha folks back in the early 40's that had similar ideas?
    Compulsory sterilization is a bit extreme. The better way to go would be to provide financial incentives for welfare class women to adhere to a birth control regimen and to offer free tubal ligations etc. upon request.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  8. #218
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,208

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Ontario isn't a "have not province" - we do receive some equalization payments under the formula, basically because of the incompetence of our Liberal government over the past decade, however, we are still by far a net contributor to the federal treasury and our taxes and taxes from western provinces go to fun provinces like Quebec. Newfoundland, as an example, has moved towards more self-dependence yet Quebec, with natural resources not being exploited, prefers to live off the rest of the country. Perhaps Quebec is still hoping to one day split from Canada so they are saving their resource base for that dream.
    That was part of the campaign during their elections it apparently turns out they weren't getting very much revenue form the natural resource business that was going on in the first place and the Libérals said they would change that but of course they lost the election. Most people in Quebec don't really realize it has very many natural resources. The mining companies are based there but don't mine there.

  9. #219
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    It's not the best survey and like I said before that's for the entirety of Canada not cities like Toronto.
    So what you're saying is that only idiots live in Toronto? It would seem so if they put up with costs 4x higher than the rest of the nation.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #220
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: Should Daycare Be Subsidized

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    yanno the Chinese one child rule could be amended and used here: to dumb to reproduce equals sterilization

    I think there was a buncha folks back in the early 40's that had similar ideas?
    It has nothing to do with intelligence or forced sterilization. If you have demonstrated an inability to support yourself in your current circumstances such that you qualify for and accept welfare, you have more than demonstrated an inability to care for a new addition to your family on top of it. And because children have a fundamental right not to be neglected, the contingency of birth control attached to state financial support makes 100% rational sense.

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •