View Poll Results: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 9.57%
  • No

    99 86.09%
  • I don't know/maybe

    5 4.35%
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 428

Thread: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

  1. #331
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    That rather defeats the entire point of the games.
    What is the point of the games?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #332
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Undoubtedly Jesse Owens, but i don't think it won the war or otherwise atoned for having the olympics there. That's just my take on it.
    You/we have the luxury of hindsight. When the games were awarded, and even held, it was not yet fully known what the regime was going to be like.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #333
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    as a kid you no doubt were bad at dodge ball .... that wasn't even a good try ...
    that's really stupid



  4. #334
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    You are a walking hypocrite.

    You want everyone else, to sacrifice their freedom, or have the government deny them their place to compete in the Olympics, so that you can make a stand for freedom?

    My God...

    Do you even realize what you are saying?
    I think you must have misread what I said



  5. #335
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Life can be unfair. Get used to it.
    so its fair if you demand a boycott and some athlete say kills you? that seems to be a logical extrapolation of the idiocy you advocate



  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's really stupid
    glad that you're finally realizing that ... but what you said was not only stupid, but racist as well ... why not stop that crap?

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Yes, and our law is by majority rule. The majority changes our laws.

    Did you know this law passed in Russia by something like 468 to 0...

    Maybe you should get used to the facts.
    don't underestimate the power of minorities or the government's power to protect minorities against the tyranny of the majority ...

  8. #338
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    glad that you're finally realizing that ... but what you said was not only stupid, but racist as well ... why not stop that crap?
    only someone trying to create a racist argument would make that moronic claim. Pimp has nothing to do with color. Only you seem to be getting a case of faux indignation over that crap



  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    only someone trying to create a racist argument would make that moronic claim. Pimp has nothing to do with color. Only you seem to be getting a case of faux indignation over that crap
    Moronic does come to mind ... have a flight to catch ... laytah ...

  10. #340
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Should the US Boycott the Russian Olympics?

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    Moronic does come to mind ... have a flight to catch ... laytah ...
    nice retreat. I see only you think the term PIMP has to be a slur against blacks.



Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •