View Poll Results: Would going back to the gold standard work?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 16.00%
  • No

    17 68.00%
  • Maybe/Other

    4 16.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Would going back to the gold standard work?

  1. #21
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Would going back to the gold standard work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Sorry, but such a belief is ignorant of both history and current fed 'pumping' ...
    It's not hard for the fed and Wells Fargo to mess with our fiat currency? I believe that you're the one who is quite ignorant on the matter.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Would going back to the gold standard work?

    It be difficult but it would work.... Obviously it would be an extremely slow transition, but it would certainly work without question.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would going back to the gold standard work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's not hard for the fed and Wells Fargo to mess with our fiat currency? I believe that you're the one who is quite ignorant on the matter.
    You were agreeing with me, I misread.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  4. #24
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would going back to the gold standard work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    As if 'people' and 'government' haven't been manipulating our fiat currency for decades? How hard has it been for them?
    Our government doing it for our benefit is not a bad thing. There is a significant difference in the level of vulnerability between a gold standard and a fiat currency. And of course you ignored an important part of what I wrote.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would going back to the gold standard work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Our government doing it for our benefit
    You (and so many others here) need say no more. Thanks, it says all anyone needs to know.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would going back to the gold standard work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    You (and so many others here) need say no more. Thanks, it says all anyone needs to know.
    Why do you so love pulling quotes out of context? Unable to actually debate what people say?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would going back to the gold standard work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do you so love pulling quotes out of context? Unable to actually debate what people say?
    Out of context? Ah, a false claim. Is your point that government manipulating currency for our own good, is a good thing, or did you misspeak? If you misspoke then you could complain about my quote, if you said what it appears you said, then you should have no issue having your beliefs quoted.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #28
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Would going back to the gold standard work?

    Quote Originally Posted by polisciguy View Post
    Explain your answer as well, please.
    Using an arbitrary rock/element to determine a currency's value doesn't make much sense. Fiat currency value is determined through productive output relative to the amount in the private sector...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would going back to the gold standard work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Out of context? Ah, a false claim. Is your point that government manipulating currency for our own good, is a good thing, or did you misspeak? If you misspoke then you could complain about my quote, if you said what it appears you said, then you should have no issue having your beliefs quoted.
    My comp;laint is taking the quote out of context, which you clearly did. By the way, if you think the government did not nor would not manipulate a gold standard, that would be silly. So ease of doing so would be an actual argument in favor of a gold standard vs fiat currency. Of course you have not made that argument but instead just made a bunch of silly comments.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would going back to the gold standard work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    My comp;laint is taking the quote out of context,
    Yet again you address nothing I said. So let us try again: Do you believe that if government is manipulating fiat currency it is OK if it is 'for our own good'?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •