View Poll Results: Is non concentual sex always rape

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, non concensual sex is always rape

    56 77.78%
  • No, non concensual sex is not always rape

    16 22.22%
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 208

Thread: Non consentual sex is not rape

  1. #141
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,564

    Re: Non consentual sex is not rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    So you believe that some rape is okay?

    If you find the question absurd, then consider that I have the same reaction to your continual misrepresentation of my position.

    Yet again, you refuse to answer questions about specifics. It's getting tiresome and irritating.

    Answer the questions that have been posed to you multiple times.

    Not one single person here is saying rape is okay. Not one.

    The question completely revolves around what defines rape, and when.

    As I see it, your definition of rape is when-ever someone says they've been raped.
    Based on that, you'd gladly sentence anyone accused of rape to prison or even death without benefit of trial.
    Automatically guilty of all charges. Period.

    In your eyes any human that says they've been raped is telling the truth, and any human that says such a claim is not true is a lying feces filled scum of an animal and deserves no sympathy or even a day in court.

    Stop avoiding any and all questions regarding your previous statements, and stop trying to deflect the conversation towards your absurd and asinine twists around what other people are trying to say.

    Are you going to answer our questions or not?

    If my wife and I are both drunk, and we have sex, who's the rapist and who's the victim of rape?
    Who gets charged with what?

    If I've been drunk and my wife hasn't, and we've had sex, did she rape me?
    What charges should be levied against her?

  2. #142
    Professor
    herenow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    12-11-15 @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: Non consentual sex is not rape

    Why is it that when rape topics come up some people always assume the woman was drunk, therefore it wasn't rape. The majority is overlooking the fact that there's been 61 accusations in a 7month(or slightly more) time frame. Why are we focusing on alcohol?

  3. #143
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,564

    Re: Non consentual sex is not rape

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    Why is it that when rape topics come up some people always assume the woman was drunk, therefore it wasn't rape. The majority is overlooking the fact that there's been 61 accusations in a 7month(or slightly more) time frame. Why are we focusing on alcohol?
    Because like it or not, in college, that's an over-riding possibility.

    Especially if the police are not immediately called.
    Especially if there's a need to define what happened as something other than rape.
    Something like "non-consensual".

    What we're discussing is the potential reasons why a rape has not occurred.

    Not one single person is saying that's what happened.

    We have no facts to actually go on do we?

    It's all speculation.

    One of the very prominent reasons why the incidents might not be "rape" is due to alcohol or drug consumption by one or both parties involved.

    Nobody here is defending rapists. Relax.

    Take a breath and look at the logical possibilities as to why they might NOT be rapes.

  4. #144
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Non consentual sex is not rape

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    Why is it that when rape topics come up some people always assume the woman was drunk, therefore it wasn't rape. The majority is overlooking the fact that there's been 61 accusations in a 7month(or slightly more) time frame. Why are we focusing on alcohol?
    61 complaints out of 14000 students. That really isn't a lot. And it was said that there was alcohol involved in most of these cases. Does this mean that none of them were some guy (or even perhaps girl) forcing themselves onto a drunk girl or doing it with a girl who was passed out? Of course not. It is likely that at least some of them were that way. But it is also likely that a good number of them were truly a drunken mistake rather than actual rape or possibly even a scorned girl looking for revenge. Like many have said, there are many times when girls may feel differently about a situation than the guy and what do you do when they were both drunk and there was a true misunderstanding? They're getting affectionate and the guy goes for it, but the girl starts wanting to say no but never actually does or feels like it is too much but doesn't say anything during the act. Is it drunken rape or simply regret? Because this situation could be treated as rape in the military, so there is every chance that others may see it as rape too and even that she might report it as a rape. But it really wouldn't be if the guy didn't actually know that the girl didn't want to have sex.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Non consentual sex is not rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Yet again, you refuse to answer questions about specifics. It's getting tiresome and irritating.

    Answer the questions that have been posed to you multiple times.

    Not one single person here is saying rape is okay. Not one.

    The question completely revolves around what defines rape, and when.

    As I see it, your definition of rape is when-ever someone says they've been raped.
    Based on that, you'd gladly sentence anyone accused of rape to prison or even death without benefit of trial.
    Automatically guilty of all charges. Period.

    In your eyes any human that says they've been raped is telling the truth, and any human that says such a claim is not true is a lying feces filled scum of an animal and deserves no sympathy or even a day in court.

    Stop avoiding any and all questions regarding your previous statements, and stop trying to deflect the conversation towards your absurd and asinine twists around what other people are trying to say.

    Are you going to answer our questions or not?

    If my wife and I are both drunk, and we have sex, who's the rapist and who's the victim of rape?
    Who gets charged with what?

    If I've been drunk and my wife hasn't, and we've had sex, did she rape me?
    What charges should be levied against her?
    I just love it when people say something stupid like "so you believe rape is okay?" That is so ridiculous.

  6. #146
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-14 @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    360

    Re: Non consentual sex is not rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Excuse me, sir. Rape is not funny. And drunk people cannot legally give consent.
    No where in your link is it implied that drunk people cannot give consent.

  7. #147
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Non consentual sex is not rape

    Quote Originally Posted by babilfish View Post
    No where in your link is it implied that drunk people cannot give consent.
    I always have two questions for the premise that drunk people cannot legally consent.

    First, at what point is a person actually drunk and not just "tipsy" or less and who decides? (It isn't common for legal breathalyzers to be given right before leaving a bar or worse, right before entering a room for sex.) And second, what if they are both actually legally drunk? Wouldn't that negate the situation anyway since neither could actually give legal consent? They both would need to be charged or neither.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Non consentual sex is not rape

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I always have two questions for the premise that drunk people cannot legally consent.

    First, at what point is a person actually drunk and not just "tipsy" or less and who decides? (It isn't common for legal breathalyzers to be given right before leaving a bar or worse, right before entering a room for sex.) And second, what if they are both actually legally drunk? Wouldn't that negate the situation anyway since neither could actually give legal consent? They both would need to be charged or neither.
    That's what I've been trying to say too. I say neither because you are responsible for yourself and your actions. If a person goes home with strangers and has sex with them when drunk and doesn't like it, then that person shouldn't be drinking in the first place. It's all about personal responsibility. I would view it differently, of course, if one of the parties was passed out.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,564

    Re: Non consentual sex is not rape

    Imagine all the things you would be able to get out of if the simple fact that you were drunk meant you couldn't be held accountable for your actions.

    For one thing, you couldn't be charged with DUI.

    You could cheat on your spouse then claim you were raped because for god damned sake you were drunk.
    You weren't accountable for your actions.

    The list could get pretty long here....

  10. #150
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,785

    Re: Non consentual sex is not rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Imagine all the things you would be able to get out of if the simple fact that you were drunk meant you couldn't be held accountable for your actions.

    For one thing, you couldn't be charged with DUI.

    You could cheat on your spouse then claim you were raped because for god damned sake you were drunk.
    You weren't accountable for your actions.

    The list could get pretty long here....
    Horrible strawman. "Cannot give consent" is not even close to the same thing as "cannot assume responsibility."
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •