View Poll Results: Who is on the run in war with Al Qaeda

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • America is on the run

    10 47.62%
  • Al Qaeda is on the run

    11 52.38%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65

Thread: America playing defense

  1. #11
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: America playing defense

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    The distinction is that bombs are being thrown again, not why they are being thrown again. This a war for God, you won't be holding a victory parade any time soon, or at all, ever. As long as the faiths are in fundamental conflict with each other, and they are, people are going to be killed in the names of their gods. This tit for tat has no end since neither side can win and neither side wants to lose.
    It seems to escape you that the vast majority of people being killied by jihadi terrorists are other muslims.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: America playing defense

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And if any of those embacies were attacked and people die, you would be complaining about that. Face it, no matter what Obama does, you are going to complain about it.
    Heya TNA. So you think an Administration should over-react to what they are calling Chatter? With no Specific threats? Why should we close down for business? What has changed in Yemen from this last year, with regards to AQ?

    Yes it would be unfortunate if those Embassies or our people got hit. But now who do you think has control of this situation? If you are thinking it is us. Then you are mistaken.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: America playing defense

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya TNA. So you think an Administration should over-react to what they are calling Chatter? With no Specific threats? Why should we close down for business? What has changed in Yemen from this last year, with regards to AQ?

    Yes it would be unfortunate if those Embassies or our people got hit. But now who do you think has control of this situation? If you are thinking it is us. Then you are mistaken.
    I think the U.S. should hardline EVERY single embacy to the teeth with security and weapons or close them down. Embacies are considered U.S. soil, we have the military and defenses in the U.S. against attacks. Why shouldn't embacies have the same.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: America playing defense

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    It seems to escape you that the vast majority of people being killied by jihadi terrorists are other muslims.
    Heya AV. Did you forget about the Division between the Shia and the Sunni? Do you think that might also have something to do with other Muslims being killed?

    Are you aware that the Sunni Arabs want a Untied Islamic States, now. Not a Caliphate. Course that's the Shia's fantasy dream. Now the Sunni.....they are bit more devious with their political strategies. Since they will use Democracy and the feigning of the Election process.

  5. #15
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: America playing defense

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya AV. Did you forget about the Division between the Shia and the Sunni? Do you think that might also have something to do with other Muslims being killed?

    Are you aware that the Sunni Arabs want a Untied Islamic States, now. Not a Caliphate. Course that's the Shia's fantasy dream. Now the Sunni.....they are bit more devious with their political strategies. Since they will use Democracy and the feigning of the Election process.
    The Caliphate was historically very much a Sunni institution. Jihadi terrorists are to be found in most strands of Islam and jihadi terrorists of sunni-persuasion also mostly kill other sunni's.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: America playing defense

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    It seems to escape you that the vast majority of people being killied by jihadi terrorists are other muslims.
    Then you have nothing to worry about right? And no, it didn't escape me because it is irrelevant to the current situation. We aren't killing them to stop them from killing each other now are we? The fact that they are fighting within the faith changes nothing at all as far as we are concerned. We are still the ultimate enemy even if they are killing each other along the way for the privilege of being the one to kill us.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: America playing defense

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Embacies [sic] are considered U.S. soil...
    Yes they are but that is a legal status not reality. If the only way for us to be in a country is to build a prison and live inside it, we have no business being there.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: America playing defense

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I think the U.S. should hardline EVERY single embacy to the teeth with security and weapons or close them down. Embacies are considered U.S. soil, we have the military and defenses in the U.S. against attacks. Why shouldn't embacies have the same.
    Here is the thing.....Team Obama has now given AQ control over this situation.

    As it should have been what you stated. Beef up security and stay on point. But don't close down for Business. Harden what needs to be hardened. Issue out the Global Travel Alert for our people to be aware of, and continue to conduct Business as usual.

    Now if any want to talk about closing down an Embassy for good. That Would be an idea to entertain. But that wouldn't be relevant to this situation.

    Tell me how it looks for the US to close down All our Embassies all throughout the Middle East and Africa? Does this make us look strong or that we are holding our own against these people?

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: America playing defense

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    The Caliphate was historically very much a Sunni institution. Jihadi terrorists are to be found in most strands of Islam and jihadi terrorists of sunni-persuasion also mostly kill other sunni's.
    Yes, that was the way it was. But not since the 50s and the Advent of the MB. With regards to the Sunni.

    Also here is another thing......Sunni killing Shia and vice versa are not Jihadi Terrorists. They may be radicals.....but this is not some minority in either group.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: America playing defense

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Yes they are but that is a legal status not reality. If the only way for us to be in a country is to build a prison and live inside it, we have no business being there.
    Like I said, I'm for either having them armed to the teeth or gone.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •