View Poll Results: Vote for the ones you think are fake/phony scandals

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • The IRS targeting conservatives

    15 27.27%
  • Benghazi

    16 29.09%
  • Fast and Furious

    10 18.18%
  • NSA spying on American citizens

    7 12.73%
  • None of the above

    35 63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Which of these scandals is/are phony?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which of these scandals is/are phony?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Ya, the hypocrisy almost makes it worse... These democrats hate it when bush does it. Then they love that Obama does it and use their failure to stop bush as a justification.

    So many don't care about the crimes as long as they are in the party committing them...
    I don't see anyone saying they love it?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #32
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Which of these scandals is/are phony?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't see anyone saying they love it?
    Nobody was talking loving it.

    Awful lot of pooh poohing it, saying these are not big deals, you and your folks are saying.

    They are big deals, scary to those of us on the targeted side. When you are the enforcement arm of the federal government and you allow the willful targeting of large numbers of groups, legal groups, because their politics are not yours, when you are setting up what has to be the one of the most imbecilic programs ever that gave high powered weaponry to drug cartels in another country in effect being the accessory to many murders of both Americans and many Mexicans, when you cover up what happened in Benghazi where 4 Americans were left high and dry and then murdered, then use a made up a story, a completely bogus story, that it was a about a video, even going to the extent of putting the video producer in jail to make it seem more real, then are not forthcoming and it is now a year later we still do not really know what was going on, when the election, had we known what we still do not know but it has to be something or they would have already have told us, might have gone the other way, then the NSA violating our rights or, at the very least the absence of a really good national debate with our leaders who have acquiesced in allowing this to have occurred, adding to that the President and Attorney General taking sides in a divisive issue regarding race when the jury in a state, that has jurisdiction, has decided....

    If it were Bush, well, doesn't matter, this is bad no matter who it was...
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which of these scandals is/are phony?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Nobody was talking loving it.

    Awful lot of pooh poohing it, saying these are not big deals, you and your folks are saying.

    They are big deals, scary to those of us on the targeted side. When you are the enforcement arm of the federal government and you allow the willful targeting of large numbers of groups, legal groups, because their politics are not yours, when you are setting up what has to be the one of the most imbecilic programs ever that gave high powered weaponry to drug cartels in another country in effect being the accessory to many murders of both Americans and many Mexicans, when you cover up what happened in Benghazi where 4 Americans were left high and dry and then murdered, then use a made up a story, a completely bogus story, that it was a about a video, even going to the extent of putting the video producer in jail to make it seem more real, then are not forthcoming and it is now a year later we still do not really know what was going on, when the election, had we known what we still do not know but it has to be something or they would have already have told us, might have gone the other way, then the NSA violating our rights or, at the very least the absence of a really good national debate with our leaders who have acquiesced in allowing this to have occurred, adding to that the President and Attorney General taking sides in a divisive issue regarding race when the jury in a state, that has jurisdiction, has decided....

    If it were Bush, well, doesn't matter, this is bad no matter who it was...
    Actually, the quote I responded to said loving it.

    Some of what you list is speculation, hyped. I've made clear that there are concerns there. But keep it within the confines of what is there and not wild speculation. You'd have me and others with you if the rhetoric wasn't always so over the top.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #34
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Which of these scandals is/are phony?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, the quote I responded to said loving it.

    Some of what you list is speculation, hyped. I've made clear that there are concerns there. But keep it within the confines of what is there and not wild speculation. You'd have me and others with you if the rhetoric wasn't always so over the top.
    If it is only hype, can you prove any of it wrong? And what is your definition of hype? Anything my side accuses Obama of, even if we have the evidence, even if Obama, if there was nothing to hide, would surely have told us by now? And which parts are hyped? I mean saying it is speculation and hype is the front end of an argument, the easy party that requires no work...lets see the evidence.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which of these scandals is/are phony?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    If it is only hype, can you prove any of it wrong? And what is your definition of hype? Anything my side accuses Obama of, even if we have the evidence, even if Obama, if there was nothing to hide, would surely have told us by now? And which parts are hyped? I mean saying it is speculation and hype is the front end of an argument, the easy party that requires no work...lets see the evidence.
    Not he way it works. No one ever has to prove the negative. The fact remains there is no real evidence to support all your claims. And not getting the answer you want doesn't equal hiding.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Which of these scandals is/are phony?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't see anyone saying they love it?
    No, but they are accepting it, and using bush as justification, pretty weak if you ask me.

    Look, nobody likes what's going on, but everyone (that cares) is so entrenched in partisanship that they can't even see that they all hate the same policies that both parties are enacting like a relay race as they pass the baton to the next guy.

    The point is that people don't care on the left because its their guy in power, if they could hold Obama accountable based on his policies; they would find that they are agreeing with the right on the important matters.

    Instead he's got a personality cult going and it's the kids that are getting the real education.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YI48...e_gdata_player

  7. #37
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which of these scandals is/are phony?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    No, but they are accepting it, and using bush as justification, pretty weak if you ask me.

    Look, nobody likes what's going on, but everyone (that cares) is so entrenched in partisanship that they can't even see that they all hate the same policies that both parties are enacting like a relay race as they pass the baton to the next guy.

    The point is that people don't care on the left because its their guy in power, if they could hold Obama accountable based on his policies; they would find that they are agreeing with the right on the important matters.

    Instead he's got a personality cult going and it's the kids that are getting the real education.

    Prayer for President Barack Obama - YouTube
    I don't believe any of that's true either. As you can find anything on the Internet, small examples are not evidence of anything that the majority does. Your side largely invented this cult nonissue.

    And yes, some will support their guy, as we saw with Bush, no matter what. But that's not what is being argued here. I state clearly there are concerns, but ask that we not exaggerate. Radical stuff, I know, but it is a far different thing than excusing him.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,044

    Re: Which of these scandals is/are phony?

    these democrats are all fake

    they always want to push their country into the wars in the ME


    but conservatives are always fond of human rights
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •