View Poll Results: Will there be a major terrorist attack this month:

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Explain your reasoning.

    4 26.67%
  • No. Explain your reasoning.

    11 73.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

  1. #1
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    Poll posting shortly.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    Poll posting shortly.
    Doubtful, although I'm sure we'll hear about how they stopped one.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southwest AZ
    Last Seen
    08-12-17 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,285

    Re: Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    Poll posting shortly.
    No, and I pray I am right. It is not beyond comprehension for this administration to have 'devised' this threat to deflect attention from their current predicament or to try to convince the public that they really care about our national security. It smells a lot like Munchausen by proxy.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman909 View Post
    No, and I pray I am right. It is not beyond comprehension for this administration to have 'devised' this threat to deflect attention from their current predicament or to try to convince the public that they really care about our national security. It smells a lot like Munchausen by proxy.
    Don't they all? I remember during the Bush years the "color code" watch on terrorism. That was a joke too. It's easy now for ANY administration to "claim" they stopped a terrorist attack.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    Up the "chatter" and watch the Americans spin out of control.
    Its like a game now. They will hit us when they can and when they see oppourtunity, the rest is just talk.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,307

    Re: Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Doubtful, although I'm sure we'll hear about how they stopped one.
    Actually, they do stop terrorist attacks from time to time. The services also clear up crimes much more effectively with the new information technologies.

    That is not really the issue. The question is if the administration is well enough controlled by the populace to allow it to use data mining technologies and collect the amounts of information required or would it be better to allow more crime and terror attacks? It is really quite a rational decision.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Actually, they do stop terrorist attacks from time to time. The services also clear up crimes much more effectively with the new information technologies.

    That is not really the issue. The question is if the administration is well enough controlled by the populace to allow it to use data mining technologies and collect the amounts of information required or would it be better to allow more crime and terror attacks? It is really quite a rational decision.
    Yes, but the question is at what level is needed. We could claim that the government having the ability to search every home on a day to day basis, wire tapping everything, and "interviewing" people could stop terrorist attacks as well.

    The decision to do something to stop terrorism is a quite rational decision, but the way to do it and at what level to do it is what is in debate.

  8. #8
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    More like a tsunami warning rather than a terrorist attack.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    I don't think so, it would be a stunning failure if we closed all of our embassies in MENA and then with all of this apparent forewarning still have an attack carried out successfully. However I'm extremely disappointed that it seems unlikely that we will ever get a solid explanation for what motivated all of this.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,656

    Re: Will there be a major terrorist attack this month?

    Whenever I see this much hoopla I can't help but think "distraction". Maybe there is something going on but putting this kind of publicity on it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •