View Poll Results: Is atheism a religion

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 16.31%
  • No

    118 83.69%
Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 963

Thread: Is atheism a religion[W:711:831]

  1. #861
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    and after googling lakes in the Phoenix AZ area, I get quite a few, so.. On to another analogy...

  2. #862
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    There is no such thing as atheist doctrine. Why do you feel your religion needs a monopoly over our government? Can your god not represent himself?
    Does doctrine have to go with God? No. Does ideology have to go with God? No. I see why you're unwilling to see the similarity between religion and atheism. Both are ideologies. Don't want to seem even the slightest to be related to religion. Surprise, and too bad.

    Not saying atheism is a religion. Am saying atheism is closely related to religion. Both are ideologies. The only ideology not allowed in American gov't is religion (thanks to atheists).

  3. #863
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Atheism is the lack of religion...therefore it is not a religion.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  4. #864
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Why isn't school the t ime or place for religion?. Why does everyone at public school have to practice the athiest's ideology? Again, not what the Founding Fathers (Madison) had in mind when referring to religious freedoms.
    According to some religions...god is everywhere. Speak to god from your mind 24/7. That's the great aspect of believing god exist. Continuous nonstop communications. God knows when you've been sleeping, having sex, having a picnic, drinking and drugging too much, etc, etc, etc.

    If parents, at home (evenings and weekends) and churches can't get their message across...then it's just not gonna happen.

    Talk to god all of the time you want...but not on my tax dollar. Kids distracted enough with life. Reading, writing, and arithmetic...is about all they can muster during the course of a school day. Oh...lets not forget science. Kids need lots of science. Computers are the result of science.

    I'm sure all would love to read an Atheist's Bible. So don't hesitate to share that with us. Give all directions to the nearest Atheist Church...we'd all love to attend, check it out, see how atheists tick. Besides, we want to find out who the atheist is that created the universe.

  5. #865
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Does doctrine have to go with God? No. Does ideology have to go with God? No. I see why you're unwilling to see the similarity between religion and atheism. Both are ideologies. Don't want to seem even the slightest to be related to religion. Surprise, and too bad.
    We don't have a doctrine. We don't have a book, we don't have anything to guide us, just ourselves. I can see you didn't listen to the other hundred people that told you this so I wont waste my time.

    So keep acting butthurt that you don't get to use the government to shove your religion down my throat.
    That's not what freedom or America is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #866
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    What a concrete thinker. You have any concepts for me? Not gonna repeat again. You are not willing to include religion and atheism as ideologies (even though they are) 'cause somebody other than me would be butthurt.
    Last edited by cabse5; 08-26-13 at 05:50 PM.

  7. #867
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    According to some religions...god is everywhere. Speak to god from your mind 24/7. That's the great aspect of believing god exist. Continuous nonstop communications. God knows when you've been sleeping, having sex, having a picnic, drinking and drugging too much, etc, etc, etc.

    If parents, at home (evenings and weekends) and churches can't get their message across...then it's just not gonna happen.

    Talk to god all of the time you want...but not on my tax dollar. Kids distracted enough with life. Reading, writing, and arithmetic...is about all they can muster during the course of a school day. Oh...lets not forget science. Kids need lots of science. Computers are the result of science.

    I'm sure all would love to read an Atheist's Bible. So don't hesitate to share that with us. Give all directions to the nearest Atheist Church...we'd all love to attend, check it out, see how atheists tick. Besides, we want to find out who the atheist is that created the universe.
    Not on your tax dollar? I get ObamaCare on my tax dollar!!.. Don't you guys get the concept of compromise and a representative republic? And the intentions of the Founding Fathers?
    Last edited by cabse5; 08-26-13 at 05:49 PM.

  8. #868
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    What a concrete thinker. You have any concepts for me? Not gonna repeat again. You are not willing to include religion and atheism as ideologies (even though you are) 'cause somebody other than me would be butthurt.
    Even if we did consider atheism a religion, which its not, it still isn't taught in schools. You must be trying to call science an atheist agenda or something. Nobody is even preventing you or your friends from being religious as hell in school. The only thing anyone is trying to do is keep YOU from trying to force your religion on a group of kids who have to be there.

    Thats all you have to be mad about. You don't get to force your religion on kids in school. Where is that in the Bible or the constitution?

    And for the love of a fake god, stop slandering our founding fathers.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #869
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    There is no such thing as atheist doctrine. Why do you feel your religion needs a monopoly over our government? Can your god not represent himself?



    The framers included a separation of church and state, so you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
    Not Madison, the originator of the freedom of religious expression and main force in the Constitution pertaining religion.

    Jefferson's SCOTUS' definition of separation of church and state being a gov't devoid of religion was a pet project of Jefferson's. Not the Framers (Madison) of the religion portion of the first amedment of the Consitution.
    Last edited by cabse5; 08-26-13 at 05:59 PM.

  10. #870
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,187

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Not gonna comment on this tripe. Don't think atheists actively want to remove religion from gov't? I've got a lake I want to sell you in Arizona.
    Just another empty vessel then. Spewing lies repeatedly doesn't make them true.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •