View Poll Results: Is atheism a religion

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 16.31%
  • No

    118 83.69%
Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 963

Thread: Is atheism a religion[W:711:831]

  1. #821
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    nahh I don't believe in ignore lists
    Well, I'm out. My troll tolerance has been met for the month.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #822
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    No, I just don't like uber-retarded arguments.
    Wow....the irony...

    Is that why you have infractions over this thread an I don't? Point still is, you got your answer and you broke your bet. But I know you're just trolling anyways.
    It's because I'm rude and don't care if I talk down to simpletons. Do you remember that time you were positive that I had broken some 'agreement' but it turns out you just didn't know how to read? And then tried to lie to cover your ass? That was awesome and funny, thank you.

    If you think my comment doesn't answer both, you need to go back to basic English.
    Yet you can't answer. Weird.

    You refused to do it for several posts.
    No, I didn't.

    Then you must accept that Atheism is not a religion then. Let's see just how much you're willing to turn on your own argument to keep trolling.
    Must I? You're so vehement about your religious beliefs, though...

    Since when did only your lack of vehemence matter? Egotistical you are much. Thinking only your opinions matter.
    Wow, double the irony!

    By such a measure, sports-fandom is a religious belief. As is beer fandom. As is any form of fandom.
    Are you the same guy that thought sock-wearing was religious? The same guy that ignored the idea that the belief has to be (non-demographically or socio-politically) RELIGIOUS. LOL! You are! Bro, are you serious!? You did the agreement thing AND the "that means any belief is a religion" thing? LOOOOOL

    I'm forcing you to take actual stands troll.
    I don't think you've forced anyone to do anything in a long time.

    Not an atheist. For the third time.
    loooooooooooooooool love it! You're the best!

    Btw, saying I didn't answer your question again proves you do not know what atheism means.
    BTW, you're the best poster on this site. Move over, Menard_K.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #823
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,981
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Is that all it takes? Cause biology classes have a schedule...
    A belief in what occurs after death is required as well. Most biologists would tell you that decay happens. Most atheists would say that nothing happens. If it is your contention that both of those count as a belief in an afterlife, then, yeah, biology is a religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  4. #824
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    A belief in what occurs after death is required as well. Most biologists would tell you that decay happens. Most atheists would say that nothing happens. If it is your contention that both of those count as a belief in an afterlife, then, yeah, biology is a religion.
    I'm just saying that there's more than a schedule required. I'd say a schedule isn't actually required at all, actually.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #825
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    they hold these religious convictions
    is an:
    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    equivocation
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #826
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    is an:
    No, it's not. It's a religious belief. It's not demographic. It's not socio-economic. It's not political. It's about the religious nature of the belief itself. That's a religious belief.

    You say it's not, because you demand that everyone see you as non-religious. I don't care what you demand. What you think of as true is not the only perspective on the planet (which makes it even more hilarious that you say you have no beliefs, only things you know and things you don't). But you need to understand that just because you think something doesn't make it true. Wrap your mind around it. Eventually? Embrace it.

    Right now? You're wrong.

    And I have no issue saying that, because you're so, so, so convinced that your viewpoint is the only correct one that it's fun to throw your own certainty back in your face.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #827
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    No, it's not. It's a religious belief. It's not demographic. It's not socio-economic. It's not political. It's about the religious nature of the belief itself. That's a religious belief.

    You say it's not, because you demand that everyone see you as non-religious. I don't care what you demand. What you think of as true is not the only perspective on the planet (which makes it even more hilarious that you say you have no beliefs, only things you know and things you don't). But you need to understand that just because you think something doesn't make it true. Wrap your mind around it. Eventually? Embrace it.

    Right now? You're wrong.

    And I have no issue saying that, because you're so, so, so convinced that your viewpoint is the only correct one that it's fun to throw your own certainty back in your face.
    It sounds like you really, really need to be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #828
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    It sounds like you really, really need to be right.
    Oh, for sure. I'm the one arguing that I don't have a belief for days upon days and pages upon pages.

    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #829
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Oh, for sure. I'm the one arguing that I don't have a belief for days upon days and pages upon pages.

    I don't have a belief.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #830
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    ]No, it's not. It's a religious belief. It's not demographic. It's not socio-economic. It's not political. It's about the religious nature of the belief itself. That's a religious belief.

    You say it's not, because you demand that everyone see you as non-religious. I don't care what you demand. What you think of as true is not the only perspective on the planet (which makes it even more hilarious that you say you have no beliefs, only things you know and things you don't). But you need to understand that just because you think something doesn't make it true. Wrap your mind around it. Eventually? Embrace it.

    Right now? You're wrong.

    And I have no issue saying that, because you're so, so, so convinced that your viewpoint is the only correct one that it's fun to throw your own certainty back in your face.
    no...if anything it is a

    phi·los·o·phy

    discipline concerned with making explicit the nature and significance of ordinary and scientific beliefs and investigating the intelligibility of concepts by means of rational argument concerning their presuppositions, implications, and interrelationships; in particular, the rational investigation of the nature and structure of reality (metaphysics), the resources and limits of knowledge (epistemology),
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •