View Poll Results: Is atheism a religion

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 16.31%
  • No

    118 83.69%
Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 963

Thread: Is atheism a religion[W:711:831]

  1. #791
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Holy ****. If you typed that with a straightface, you're on a roll today. No one could be that obtuse without joking about it. Wow. On the other hand....maybe you really are that obtuse.
    You keep using terms that do not make sense. This ad hominum on my person that you refuse to elaborate upon does not match what I wrote. You even go so far as to remove it from the context, the exact same context I have used throughout. So how I have become "insensitive or slow to understand" is for you to show. It is ironic that you accuse me of this while you continue to refuse find a word that describes a construct without proof.....for 2 days now......while you claim to not be ambiguous in your language.

    All talk, no walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #792
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You keep using terms that do not make sense.
    TO YOU.

    Why do you believe you have some type of monopoly on these things?

    You couldn't even figure out what the discussion was about until the last page ("Admitting such would undermine your argument" exhibiting that you don't even know what's being talked about). You said you "have no beliefs", as if someone could read that and not burst out laughing.

    This is hilarious at this point. Are you a philosophy undergrad or something?

    This ad hominum on my person that you refuse to elaborate upon does not match what I wrote. You even go so far as to remove it from the context, the exact same context I have used throughout. So how I have become "insensitive or slow to understand" is for you to show. It is ironic that you accuse me of this while you continue to refuse find a word that describes a construct without proof.....for 2 days now......while you claim to not be ambiguous in your language.

    All talk, no walk.
    I didn't even read this. Who could take you seriously? You complain about me assuming your thoughts when that's all you've done from the beginning.

    Start again or don't bother continuing.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #793
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Wow.

    Tell me more about how you guys don't have a belief on the subject. This is fascinating.
    You yourself stated that you don't have a belief in the supernatural.

    What is so hard in not accepting belief when it comes to irrational, imaginary concepts?

    What is so hard in accepting the defining of belief as a concept without proof?

    What do you think you have gained here by being ambiguous in language and then claiming you have not been equivocating?

    How many chances do you need to save your argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #794
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You yourself stated that you don't have a belief in the supernatural.
    I said I believe they don't exist.

    What is so hard in not accepting belief when it comes to irrational, imaginary concepts?
    If you think something is irrational and imaginary, you believe they don't exist. If you suggest otherwise...well...then we'd actually be talking about using language ambiguously.

    What is so hard in accepting the defining of belief as a concept without proof?
    It'd be easy to 'accept', but it'd be wrong.

    What do you think you have gained here by being ambiguous in language and then claiming you have not been equivocating?
    I haven't been ambiguous at all.

    How many chances do you need to save your argument?
    None. But you keep raging about things you have no belief in, which is funny.
    Last edited by OldWorldOrder; 08-22-13 at 08:07 PM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #795
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    No, not religious; A simile would be like equating religion and atheism with a plane and a helicopter; however, is a belief, is an ideology.
    Huh? You just agreed with me and said I was wrong.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #796
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Exactly. A religious belief, no less.
    No, he didn't. Read what he said.

    Stop defining words as you see fit.

    Your argument only works if you accept that rejecting Shiva is a religion.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #797
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    I hold that religious belief, yes.
    Seriously? You think that rejecting the existence of Shiva constitutes a religion?

    Also, you didn't answer my question. You said a religious belief. I asked if you followed such a religion.

    So, do you accept that rejecting the existence of Shiva is a religion?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #798
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    No, he didn't. Read what he said.
    No, he didn't, what? I didn't try to twist what he said, I added to it?

    "No, he didn't" what?

    Stop defining words as you see fit.
    I should define them as you see fit? Maybe you can understand agreements if we do that? No matter what you write, it just means what you later wanted it to mean. Coooool.

    Your argument only works if you accept that rejecting Shiva is a religion.
    It's a religious belief.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #799
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Seriously? You think that rejecting the existence of Shiva constitutes a religion?
    It could. Depending on how vehement I was about it. Like, if I got into arguments on the internet about it...yeah, probably.

    Also, you didn't answer my question. You said a religious belief. I asked if you followed such a religion.
    Nah, not vehement enough.

    So, do you accept that rejecting the existence of Shiva is a religion?
    If you hold that belief to be so critical a religious belief that you feel the need to argue about it, yeah. If you consider it an important part of yourself- or at least your religious self. There ya go.

    Now what?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #800
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    If you hold that belief to be so critical a religious belief that you feel the need to argue about it, yeah. If you consider it an important part of yourself- or at least your religious self. There ya go.

    Now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Having a religious belief and being vehement about it wouldn't make it a religion?

    Isn't that all a religion is?

    How odd.
    You haven't answered the question.

    Do you or do not not accept that rejecting the existence of Shiva is a religion?

    Since you reject the existence of Shiva, do you accept this is your religion?
    Last edited by obvious Child; 08-22-13 at 09:17 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •