View Poll Results: Is atheism a religion

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 16.31%
  • No

    118 83.69%
Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 963

Thread: Is atheism a religion[W:711:831]

  1. #751
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Am I? I that why I specifically have three options, to include 'not knowing'?
    I that why?

    Try again.



    Or you refuse to acknowledge that there is no distinction between believing there's a god and believing there's not one when it comes to a random belief.
    This is still the crux of your argument, you are still trying to pin atheism as another form of belief. I am saying (have been for multiple pages) that belief is tossed out the window for this atheist. You refuse to accept that.....because it undercuts your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #752
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    And belief is on a spectrum.

    Cash and money, in the context of 1980, are the same thing.

    You refuse to understand that not all contexts are what you wish they'd be.
    You still have the choice to pick a word to describe a construct without proof.....faith, fairytales.....whatever you like, but you won't. You won't do it for this debate, you apparently won't even do it for general conversation.

    Is your argument so weak that it cannot have any dividing line between knowing and not knowing? Between proof and no proof?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #753
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I that why?

    Try again.
    Oh sorry: "Is that why?"

    Do you think I included it as an option because I refused to allow for it? Do ya?

    This is still the crux of your argument, you are still trying to pin atheism as another form of belief.
    Right.
    I am saying (have been for multiple pages) that belief is tossed out the window for this atheist.
    I know what you're saying. And I'm saying it's not. If it actually was a lack of belief about god in any sense whatsoever, you wouldn't be posting here. You wouldn't even call yourself an atheist, as you'd have never even heard of the concept of god.

    You refuse to accept that.....because it undercuts your argument.
    I wouldn't believe it if I didn't believe it was true. It doesn't undercut my argument in the least. It just says "No" to it without any foundation.

    lol "undercut".

    That is the argument, there's no undercutting about it. That's like me saying "Silver is an element" and you come back and say "It's not an element, and you refuse to acknowledge that because it undercuts your argument!" How perceptive of you, Watson! If I conceded that silver wasn't an element, it wouldn't 'undercut' my argument; it is the argument.

    All these pages and you didn't discern what the issue even was? Really?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #754
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You still have the choice to pick a word to describe a construct without proof.....faith, fairytales.....whatever you like, but you won't. You won't do it for this debate, you apparently won't even do it for general conversation.
    I don't need to.

    Is your argument so weak that it cannot have any dividing line between knowing and not knowing? Between proof and no proof?
    Is yours so weak that you can't admit that you believe there is no god?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #755
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Ok after about 20 pages - what started as mild amusement - the ongoing weak attempt at equivocation that nobody is falling for has became quite stale, What is even more stale is how shallow and juvenile the framing of aforementioned attempts are.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  6. #756
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Ok after about 20 pages what started as mild amusement, the ongoing weak attempt at equivocation that nobody is falling for has became quite stale, What is even more stale is how shallow and juvenile the framing of aforementioned attempts are.
    I just find it fascinating how adamant some people can be about something they desperately claim they don't care about. They care to such little extent that they've formed no belief about it whatsoever...but they'll argue that they don't for dozens of pages.

    Makes me wish I was a sociology or psychology grad student, I'd have a thesis paper just sitting in front of me right now.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #757
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    I just find it fascinating how adamant some people can be about something they desperately claim they don't care about. They care to such little extent that they've formed no belief about it whatsoever...but they'll argue that they don't for dozens of pages.

    Makes me wish I was a sociology or psychology grad student, I'd have a thesis paper just sitting in front of me right now.
    Do you know how to define equivocation?
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  8. #758
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Oh sorry: "Is that why?"

    Do you think I included it as an option because I refused to allow for it? Do ya?
    You are confusing me with some other poster, I am not interested in your poll within a poll. I stated my position countering yours (which was not your poll). You just will not deal with what I am arguing, so either leave it or face it.



    .


    RightI know what you're saying. And I'm saying it's not.
    Now you are trying to tell me how I think!


    If it actually was a lack of belief about god in any sense whatsoever, you wouldn't be posting here. You wouldn't even call yourself an atheist, as you'd have never even heard of the concept of god.
    I have not denied that there is a concept of god, that was NEVER anything I have been arguing about. You have gone from playing semantic games to trying to change my argument. You are putting words in my mouth.



    I wouldn't believe it if I didn't believe it was true. It doesn't undercut my argument in the least. It just says "No" to it without any foundation. lol "undercut". That is the argument, there's no undercutting about it. That's like me saying "Silver is an element" and you come back and say "It's not an element, and you refuse to acknowledge that because it undercuts your argument!" How perceptive of you, Watson!
    You have completely lost track of the conversation and are now jabbering away.

    All because I asked you to choose a word that describes a construct without proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #759
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Do you know how to define equivocation?
    Did you know that gullible isn't even in the dictionary?

    But yeah, I know they're doing it.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #760
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are confusing me with some other poster, I am not interested in your poll within a poll. I stated my position countering yours (which was not your poll). You just will not deal with what I am arguing, so either leave it or face it.
    Okay, then I don't care about what you're saying.



    Now you are trying to tell me how I think!
    Ahhh, it was okay when you were doing it to me. Is it a problem?

    I have not denied that there is a concept of god, that was NEVER anything I have been arguing about. You have gone from playing semantic games to trying to change my argument. You are putting words in my mouth.
    You're the one who responded to my question about it. Did I force you to?

    You have completely lost track of the conversation and are now jabbering away.
    Is this one of those times when it's okay for you to tell me how I think? Is it okay if I tell you how you're thinking or would that be a faux pas?

    All because I asked you to choose a word that describes a construct without proof.
    Please stop.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •