View Poll Results: Is atheism a religion

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 16.31%
  • No

    118 83.69%
Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 963

Thread: Is atheism a religion[W:711:831]

  1. #671
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is not a matter of belief, it is a matter of evidence. The evidence is that there is no "god". Belief is faith, faith is a matter of holding to feelings, not real, testable evidence.
    Did you just change the idea of belief to suit your point? Cooooool.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #672
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    We have answered, you keep ignoring us and then whining that we don't answer your question.
    One answered. S/he said they believed their was no god. No one else could do it.

    Weird.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #673
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Really? Says the guy who defines a word with the word and sees no problems with that.

    You still haven't answered this:

    Is this a good definition?

    Particle,
    Noun
    A particle is a particle.
    You're embarrassing yourself.

    Do you believe that there is no god:

    A) Yes
    B) No
    C) I dunno

    No that hard.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #674
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    You're embarrassing yourself.
    Huh. Really? I couldn't tell from the pages of people all saying you're wrong.

    Do you believe that there is no god:

    A) Yes
    B) No
    C) I dunno

    No that hard.
    Neither B or C are religions. No matter how you redefine religion.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #675
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    You're embarrassing yourself.

    Do you believe that there is no god:

    A) Yes
    B) No
    C) I dunno

    No that hard.
    or how about:

    D) I just don't care

  6. #676
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Huh. Really? I couldn't tell from the pages of people all saying you're wrong.
    Uhhh? I know you couldn't? That's the point.

    Neither B or C are religions. No matter how you redefine religion.
    You still refuse to answer a simple question. lol, are you choosing D?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #677
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    or how about:

    D) I just don't care
    You don't even care if you don't know? lol and you're posting here?

    Gimme two guesses on why you're full of ****. looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #678
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Uhhh? I know you couldn't? That's the point.



    You still refuse to answer a simple question. lol, are you choosing D?
    I'm saying D on my own. Far to much time is wasted on this non-sense. If there is quantifiable evidence of a god present it.

  9. #679
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    17 pages?

    I don't get this argument. The acceptance of a negative in absence of evidence is not faith or belief in any but the most nihilistic sense. Combining religion and nihilism to argue that another perspective is something that it is not is... well, nuts.

    No combining religion and nihilism to misrepresent others, ok? That's enough.

  10. #680
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Uhhh? I know you couldn't? That's the point.
    And now you're just trolling. Wonder if you believed any of this from the start.

    You still refuse to answer a simple question. lol, are you choosing D?
    I already told you the answer several pages back.

    My point still remains. You haven't even tried to refute me.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •