View Poll Results: Is atheism a religion

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 16.31%
  • No

    118 83.69%
Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 963

Thread: Is atheism a religion[W:711:831]

  1. #661
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Lol but I never said that, and you can't find any example of me saying that.

    It's what you wished I say, because then you can try to dismiss it.

    You guys are so weird. So afraid.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #662
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Your question sounds like a set-up.
    It sort of is.

    Under Oldworld's criteria, there now is a religion of "No Orange Socks On Wednesdays" because that's a rejection of a belief. I'm not sure if he's trolling or his zealotry is so rampant that it's gone to absurd lengths.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #663
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Lol but I never said that, and you can't find any example of me saying that.
    Apparently you are unaware of what logic is.

    You have repetitively argued that a lack of beliefs, a belief or a rejection of a belief is a religion. That's the sole way you can define Atheism as a religion. It's also incredibly stupid as it makes "No Orange Socks On Wednesdays" a religion because it's a rejection of a belief. Jerry was trolling on the same point, but he's not serious. You are.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #664
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    If you were wearing orange socks on Wednesdays as part of a symbol about a belief that a deity exists or doesn't exist, it becomes a religious custom.

    Are you upset to be lumped in with theists?
    Can you for once stop defining words as you so please? Well, you can, you just destroy any credibility you have.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #665
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    So can any atheists answer the question of if they believe there is no god? Or if they believe there is? Or if they believe they don't know?
    It is not a matter of belief, it is a matter of evidence. The evidence is that there is no "god". Belief is faith, faith is a matter of holding to feelings, not real, testable evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #666
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    So can any atheists answer the question of if they believe there is no god? Or if they believe there is? Or if they believe they don't know?
    We have answered, you keep ignoring us and then whining that we don't answer your question.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #667
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Apparently you are unaware of what logic is.
    Stop. Stop crying.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #668
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Stop. Stop crying.
    Crying? Hardly. You see the other poll? I'm having a laugh at this.

    Shows just how weak your argument is that you have to define religion as "any belief, lack of belief or rejection of a belief" to include Atheism.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Wow, the irony.
    Really? Says the guy who defines a word with the word and sees no problems with that.

    You still haven't answered this:

    Is this a good definition?

    Particle,
    Noun
    A particle is a particle.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Who defined it as that? You?
    Nope. You did. I just clarified it.

    Cause it wasn't me. How odd you need to change my definition to suit what you want. How religious/
    On the contrary, you did just that. By arguing that any belief, lack of belief or rejection of a belief was a religion, you did exactly what I said you did. I argued that lack of belief, atheism is not a belief. You argued that atheism was a belief and therefore a religion. Both the lack of belief and rejection were religions,
    Last edited by obvious Child; 08-21-13 at 11:51 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #669
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Can you for once stop defining words as you so please? Well, you can, you just destroy any credibility you have.
    Wow, the irony.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #670
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Is atheism a religion

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Crying? Hardly. You see the other poll? I'm having a laugh at this.
    Oh. lol

    Shows just how weak your argument is that you have to define religion as "any belief, lack of belief or rejection of a belief" to include Atheism.
    Who defined it as that? You?

    Cause it wasn't me. How odd you need to change my definition to suit what you want. How religious/
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •