View Poll Results: What is your stance on School Uniforms?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and the school should offer them at no extra cost.

    30 22.73%
  • Yes and the parents should pay for them.

    46 34.85%
  • They should be optional for students who want them

    2 1.52%
  • There should be school uniforms for specific activities only

    4 3.03%
  • We should leave it to the parents to decide if the school should have uniforms

    12 9.09%
  • We should leave it at municipal/state level

    10 7.58%
  • We shouldn't have school uniforms at all

    28 21.21%
  • I like the current way things are.

    8 6.06%
  • I hate uniforms

    11 8.33%
  • I'm a potato.

    16 12.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 461

Thread: Do you support school uniforms?

  1. #411
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,104

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    At some point one comes to realize that certain members argue from a position of irrational emotionalism. This occurs when they start to use fallacious reasoning to try to support an untenable position.

    These two members set up straw man arguments, red herrings, then use appeals to emotion when all else fails. I gave up on them a while ago. Keep up the good fight if you wish, but they aren't listening. Kinda reminds me of when young children put fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA LA I can't hear you!" LOL
    Those were my last few serious posts to them for I found the same thing... LA LAL ALALA AL LA LA!! Ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #412
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,104

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I have no idea what post your are talking about. So repost it. Refresh my memory. Show what post it is that supposedly "nailed me".
    Post on page 38:

    Originally Posted by vesper
    Once again you find the arguments of those who do not share your opinion as being fallacious when in fact the points made drew on the differences of collectivism versus individualism. Collectivism chooses "group" solutions often at the loss of freedoms for others. Individualism focuses on the individual and preserving their rights. I have no doubt that many educators are thrilled with uniforms for it makes their jobs a lot easier instead of dealing with an individual. But then again a lot of educators are advocates for putting young "active" students on drugs such as Ritalin to make their job easier. Cheers.


    Originally posted by Bodhisattva
    Wrong. 100%. I find arguments that are fallacious, fallacious. Why is yours fallacious? Because you are making a collectivist argument against uniforms while ignoring the many other aspects of the education system that are also collectivists, as I have clearly pointed out. You are against collectivism. Mandatory classes are collectivist. So is telling students when they can and can't talk. When they can and can't eat. When they can and can't go to the bathroom. When they have to be at school and when they can leave it. Consequences for not being where you are told to be are collectivist. You support all of these other collectivist rules. They ALL stifle individuality. They all oppress. They all tell a parent what their child can and can't do. You are contradicting yourself. Your argument is fallacious at it's core. You couldn't be more wrong if you actually tried. Like I said, if you had a different reason for opposing uniforms you would have a valid and perhaps logical argument. As it is though, you and Henrin are about as contradictory and illogical in argument as any two that I have ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #413
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Alright dude... it's dudette.
    That's more like it!

  4. #414
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Marvelous. So the Jew and the Muslim who hold their traditions dear have no reason for it? You know folks with an attitude like that are probably some of the most dangerous people in our society. When you do not have the respect for others to uphold the traditions that are deeply rooted in who they are as INDIVIDUALS, then you don't have a clue what liberty means.
    Oh, there must be some reason lost in the mists of time for any tradition.
    and I didn't say that I'd take their precious traditions away from them, perish the thought. As long as their traditions don't threaten my liberty, why would I care?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #415
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Oh, there must be some reason lost in the mists of time for any tradition.
    and I didn't say that I'd take their precious traditions away from them, perish the thought. As long as their traditions don't threaten my liberty, why would I care?
    Good to know but how is allowing others who are citizens of this country whose custom of dress is different from the norm threaten your liberty? When a public school will not allow them to dress as who they are because of mandatory uniforms, are you not denying them their liberty?

  6. #416
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Good to know but how is allowing others who are citizens of this country whose custom of dress is different from the norm threaten your liberty? When a public school will not allow them to dress as who they are because of mandatory uniforms, are you not denying them their liberty?
    I'm a nudist. my custom of dress is naked. the ebil gubbermint is denying me my liberty by making me wear clothing in public.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I'm a nudist. my custom of dress is naked. the ebil gubbermint is denying me my liberty by making me wear clothing in public.


    Do you support school uniforms?-download-8-jpg

  8. #418
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Post on page 38:
    I'm sorry Bodhisattva, but I do not see a course of study, curriculum, as being collectivist. And I surely don't see rules that maintain order and structure as being collectivism. But when a group decides to take upon themselves to enforce rules that infringe of the liberties of others involving a public institution, then I think it needs to be challenged. And it is my belief that enforcing mandatory uniform dress in a public school unjust. So we will have to agree to disagree.

  9. #419
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Good to know but how is allowing others who are citizens of this country whose custom of dress is different from the norm threaten your liberty? When a public school will not allow them to dress as who they are because of mandatory uniforms, are you not denying them their liberty?
    Exactly why there need to be more choices as to where kids go to school. Does our uniform code violate your tradition? I'm sorry. The one down the street has no uniform requirement.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #420
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Exactly why there need to be more choices as to where kids go to school. Does our uniform code violate your tradition? I'm sorry. The one down the street has no uniform requirement.
    This problem only exists because of school socialism. If the government wasn't the one running the schools, nobody would be talking about this. They would simply go to the school that they preferred.

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •