View Poll Results: What is your stance on School Uniforms?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and the school should offer them at no extra cost.

    30 22.73%
  • Yes and the parents should pay for them.

    46 34.85%
  • They should be optional for students who want them

    2 1.52%
  • There should be school uniforms for specific activities only

    4 3.03%
  • We should leave it to the parents to decide if the school should have uniforms

    12 9.09%
  • We should leave it at municipal/state level

    10 7.58%
  • We shouldn't have school uniforms at all

    28 21.21%
  • I like the current way things are.

    8 6.06%
  • I hate uniforms

    11 8.33%
  • I'm a potato.

    16 12.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 461

Thread: Do you support school uniforms?

  1. #371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Look at the suffering these children are going through. They are just distraught about their uniforms. I think their lives actually might be in ruin now. Henrin you must save the children from such oppression! Oooooh the humanity!

    Do you support school uniforms?-52284186-jpg

  2. #372
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,827

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Once again you find the arguments of those who do not share your opinion as being fallacious when in fact the points made drew on the differences of collectivism versus individualism. Collectivism chooses "group" solutions often at the loss of freedoms for others. Individualism focuses on the individual and preserving their rights. I have no doubt that many educators are thrilled with uniforms for it makes their jobs a lot easier instead of dealing with an individual. But then again a lot of educators are advocates for putting young "active" students on drugs such as Ritalin to make their job easier. Cheers.
    Wrong. 100%. I find arguments that are fallacious, fallacious. Why is yours fallacious? Because you are making a collectivist argument against uniforms while ignoring the many other aspects of the education system that are also collectivists, as I have clearly pointed out. You are against collectivism. Mandatory classes are collectivist. So is telling students when they can and can't talk. When they can and can't eat. When they can and can't go to the bathroom. When they have to be at school and when they can leave it. Consequences for not being where you are told to be are collectivist. You support all of these other collectivist rules. They ALL stifle individuality. They all oppress. They all tell a parent what their child can and can't do. You are contradicting yourself. Your argument is fallacious at it's core. You couldn't be more wrong if you actually tried. Like I said, if you had a different reason for opposing uniforms you would have a valid and perhaps logical argument. As it is though, you and Henrin are about as contradictory and illogical in argument as any two that I have ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #373
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,827

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Look at the suffering these children are going through. They are just distraught about their uniforms. I think their lives actually might be in ruin now. Henrin you must save the children from such oppression! Oooooh the humanity!

    Do you support school uniforms?-52284186-jpg
    I would post pictures from our school of kids in their uniforms but I don't want to post were I teach... as above, our kids are dressed well, are comfortable and as far as I have ever heard have no problem with uniforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #374
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,827

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Talking about managing the classroom and where students sit has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You just have this funny idea that everything is within your reach when it's not.
    It has everything to do with your argument which is about suppressing individuality. Everything I posted is 100% about your glaring contradiction. See above post to vesper...

    It is personal. Putting your say into what my child wears as if what I allow is not good enough makes this personal. Do you actually think I should take that as if it's not an insult?
    It is no more personal than me telling your kids or to tell students when they can and can't talk of eat while they are at school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I would post pictures from our school of kids in their uniforms but I don't want to post were I teach... as above, our kids are dressed well, are comfortable and as far as I have ever heard have no problem with uniforms.
    I believe most schools in Japan utilize a uniform. Maybe that's one reason why their kids are so far ahead of ours academically. When the kids are looking at school as a place to make a fashion statement and look like something out of a fashion magazine, that is going to be distracting not only for them but also for the other kids IMO. I think it also contributes to creating cliquey type atmospheres.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,827

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Not ugly? How are they not ugly? There is a difference between restrained in style and blowing style the **** up in an attempt to make all the girls unappealing.
    Right, because your average high school student dresses so nicely... sweatshirts, baggy pants with underwear showing, t-shirts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #377
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,827

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I believe most schools in Japan utilize a uniform. Maybe that's one reason why their kids are so far ahead of ours academically. When the kids are looking at school as a place to make a fashion statement and look like something out of a fashion magazine, that is going to be distracting not only for them but also for the other kids IMO. I think it also contributes to creating cliquey type atmospheres.
    They all wear a uniform. We have exchange students from Japan every year and they come in their uniforms. Our country has uniforms as well in all public schools and New Zealand is also rated higher in education that the USA. South Korea too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #378
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Right, because your average high school student dresses so nicely... sweatshirts, baggy pants with underwear showing, t-shirts.
    Don't forget tramp stamps and belly button rings!

  9. #379
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Don't forget tramp stamps and belly button rings!
    I think Chris should model a Catholic girls' school uniform

    I went to a prep school

    boys, in jackets and ties
    girls in navy or light blue (winter vs spring) knee length skirts and white blouses. if it was below 20 degrees they could wear slacks. on fridays they could wear dresses or dressy pants. we guys had to wear ties all five days

    this policy ended about 20 years ago. the lower school has uniforms, the middle school limits kids to collared shirts etc, the upper school prevents stuff like bike shorts and spaghetti straps



  10. #380
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,521

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Right, because your average high school student dresses so nicely... sweatshirts, baggy pants with underwear showing, t-shirts.
    Some reject this in favor of Goth, all black, black lipstick for the girls, oh, so stylish.

    And don't forget the baseball caps. Bill to the back, or bill to the side? It's so individualistic, you know.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •