View Poll Results: What is your stance on School Uniforms?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and the school should offer them at no extra cost.

    30 22.73%
  • Yes and the parents should pay for them.

    46 34.85%
  • They should be optional for students who want them

    2 1.52%
  • There should be school uniforms for specific activities only

    4 3.03%
  • We should leave it to the parents to decide if the school should have uniforms

    12 9.09%
  • We should leave it at municipal/state level

    10 7.58%
  • We shouldn't have school uniforms at all

    28 21.21%
  • I like the current way things are.

    8 6.06%
  • I hate uniforms

    11 8.33%
  • I'm a potato.

    16 12.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 461

Thread: Do you support school uniforms?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    I support uniforms for all schoolgirls, including college ages. Now why would that be?

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    we cant see who voted what ,rainman

    in fact l should have voted " potato" because potatos dont need any uniform
    No, but you can vote on multiple numbers.

  3. #13
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,433

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I had them in school and hated them as a student. However, looking back, a lot of social issues are solved with uniforms. For instance, nobody can pick on you because of the clothes your parents can or cannot afford because everyone wore the same thing.

    ^^ this although I only had to wear a uniform in grade school though and it didn't bother me.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  4. #14
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I think they're a great idea for most schools.

    They boost integration and respect and I also think they should be free of charge for the parents initially. Each student should have 3 (random number > 1) school uniforms given by the school at the sizes of the student and if the parents want additional school uniforms, they should pay for them.

    So what do you think?
    I had to wear uniforms until the 12th grade with the exception of a few years, mostly at public schools, btw. I hated them. I do think they create a better learning environment though, support them now and think they should be mandatory. With uniforms school becomes less about fashion and peer pressure and more about learning. Kids from lower income families aren't as easily classified because of clothing. Inappropriate (skimpy) clothing is automatically eliminated. I think its possible uniforms could have a positive psychological affect on discipline in the classroom as by their dress kids are subconsciously reminded who the teachers are, who are the students and their roles.

    My schools went to far however in my opinion. We were not allowed to wear athletic shoes. School kids do a lot of walking and athletic shoes would have been great. They were also smart and sensitive to the girls where starting in the pre-teen grades, girls uniforms included dark colored pants and skirts I'm sure in hindsight was on purpose in cases of any monthly accident. Middle school was dark blue and high school was maroon for girls but boys wore khaki.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?



    Yup. I'm in favor.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post


    Yup. I'm in favor.
    Your homework is late again young lady, now just what are we going to do about that?

  7. #17
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I think its just another crutch for parents to lean on that dont want to take an active role in their childs education.
    how does this dis-concern manifest itself with respect to a uniform/dress code?

    i see it as helpful to parents. they have a clothing budget and now limit their purchases to items found in the dress code, say white shirt/blouse and khaki pants/shorts/skirt

    it keeps the have-nots from being so obvious
    now, the kids still examine style and brand and attach a status to such criteria, but the dress code instills a certain 'sameness' among the student body

    my wife teaches at a project lift (gates foundation funded) 95+% free lunch school. she finds the dress code a positive influence and i subscribe to her findings on the matter
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Your homework is late again young lady, now just what are we going to do about that?
    Yeah I couldn't be a teacher at a Catholic private school. I'd be fired inside a week.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    how does this dis-concern manifest itself with respect to a uniform/dress code?

    i see it as helpful to parents. they have a clothing budget and now limit their purchases to items found in the dress code, say white shirt/blouse and khaki pants/shorts/skirt

    it keeps the have-nots from being so obvious
    now, the kids still examine style and brand and attach a status to such criteria, but the dress code instills a certain 'sameness' among the student body

    my wife teaches at a project lift (gates foundation funded) 95+% free lunch school. she finds the dress code a positive influence and i subscribe to her findings on the matter
    I disagree. I grew up beach side in Satellite Beach Florida.
    Our school was less than a block from the ocean. We wore board shorts, tee shirts, jeans and the girls wore as little as possible.
    Oh, we had no air conditioning. It was hot.
    None of us freaked out over what someone was wearing or not wearing.
    But then again back in the 70s we had some sense to us.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Yeah I couldn't be a teacher at a Catholic private school. I'd be fired inside a week.
    Happiest week of your life though. Save it for when you have a week left to live.

    Dr. to patient. "I have bad news and worse news".
    Patient. "What's the bad news?"
    Dr. "You have 24 hours to live."
    Patient. "That's terrible. What's the worse news?"
    Dr. "Your line was busy yesterday".

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •