View Poll Results: What is your stance on School Uniforms?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and the school should offer them at no extra cost.

    30 22.73%
  • Yes and the parents should pay for them.

    46 34.85%
  • They should be optional for students who want them

    2 1.52%
  • There should be school uniforms for specific activities only

    4 3.03%
  • We should leave it to the parents to decide if the school should have uniforms

    12 9.09%
  • We should leave it at municipal/state level

    10 7.58%
  • We shouldn't have school uniforms at all

    28 21.21%
  • I like the current way things are.

    8 6.06%
  • I hate uniforms

    11 8.33%
  • I'm a potato.

    16 12.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 461

Thread: Do you support school uniforms?

  1. #131
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    Do you really not see the reasoning, or do just not care? I'm not for uniforms but it seems pretty clear that the idea is that students would be able to learn more easily if they don't feel as judged. Granted, I think one could also argue that they'll have to get used to be judged at some point.
    It's difficult just to be a kid--too fat/thin, smart/dumb, pretty/homely and just fill-in-the-blank. There's still going to be plenty of competition outside of school for who has the trendiest shoes or jeans; uniforms just cut down on this in class.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What distractions in class? I don't remember any distractions in class growing up caused from clothes. People keep saying this kind of stuff, but I honestly don't get it. I'm constantly looking for ways to have as little rules as possible on individuals and taking away choice completely is entirely unacceptable. Uniforms have a purpose and anyone at all knowledgeable about their history knows it's not maintaining individuality. As an individualist I can not support collective minded gibberish, ever.
    Lots of problems from gang attire, certain colors, pants hanging low, chains, hats, hoodies, economic problems of poorer people, short skirts, showing the tummy (for girls), drug clothes, Al Pacino shirts, homosexual attire, teasing about stuff... there are a lot of issues that are solved by uniforms. And I have not heard from one student or parent in all my years about collective minded gibberish or stiffling indivuality... not once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #133
    Professor
    afr0byte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A blue state
    Last Seen
    09-12-13 @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Lots of problems from gang attire, certain colors, pants hanging low, chains, hats, hoodies, economic problems of poorer people, short skirts, showing the tummy (for girls), drug clothes, Al Pacino shirts, homosexual attire, teasing about stuff... there are a lot of issues that are solved by uniforms. And I have not heard from one student or parent in all my years about collective minded gibberish or stiffling indivuality... not once.
    What's homosexual attire?

  4. #134
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    What's homosexual attire?
    Cardigan sweaters.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Cardigan sweaters.
    hahaha!!! Honestly, if you're wearing that thing you deserve whatever comes your way.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    What's homosexual attire?

    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Lots of problems from gang attire, certain colors, pants hanging low, chains, hats, hoodies, economic problems of poorer people, short skirts, showing the tummy (for girls), drug clothes, Al Pacino shirts, homosexual attire, teasing about stuff... there are a lot of issues that are solved by uniforms. And I have not heard from one student or parent in all my years about collective minded gibberish or stiffling indivuality... not once.
    Why would I come to you about it? I would just pull my kid from the school and walk. There is no reason to tell anyone why. Anyway, I don't think you understand that I don't give a **** what your reasons are. I'm well aware that people have a problem with kids wearing certain clothes, but I don't care what they think nor does it matter. If kids are acting up your discipline them as you see fit. There is no reason at all to stop them from wearing what they want.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    What's homosexual attire?
    The way that gay guys sometimes dress... not really sure it is an attire though. Not that there is anything wrong with it, it just makes a target sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why would I come to you about it? I would just pull my kid from the school and walk. There is no reason to tell anyone why. Anyway, I don't think you understand that I don't give a **** what your reasons are. I'm well aware that people have a problem with kids wearing certain clothes, but I don't care what they think nor does it matter. If kids are acting up your discipline them as you see fit. There is no reason at all to stop them from wearing what they want.
    The issue is that you don't give a **** that the reasons are valid. We have all sorts of rules that limit freedoms. Do you oppose them all? And the problems are generally the kids having problems with the other kids. Since the reasons are valid there is a reason to stop them from wearing what they want. I assume that you feel that girls wearing bikini's into class is fine then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you support school uniforms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The issue is that you don't give a **** that the reasons are valid. We have all sorts of rules that limit freedoms. Do you oppose them all? And the problems are generally the kids having problems with the other kids. Since the reasons are valid there is a reason to stop them from wearing what they want. I assume that you feel that girls wearing bikini's into class is fine then?
    Just because less freedom will lower instances of behavior problems does not mean I need to support less freedom. I can just as easily say that the freedom that is lost is to great and stand against whatever is proposed. It all comes down to what you value more and I value freedom more.

Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •