View Poll Results: Is communism possible in the USA?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Soviet type of communism

    12 10.62%
  • Yes, community type of communism

    14 12.39%
  • Yes, religious type of communism

    2 1.77%
  • Yes, other type of communism

    14 12.39%
  • No, not possible

    61 53.98%
  • Dunno

    3 2.65%
  • Other

    7 6.19%
Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 617

Thread: Is communism possible in the USA?

  1. #311
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    05-17-18 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    971

    Re: Is communism possible in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Thank you for proving my point. Also, thank you for throwing in a joke with your ad-hom.

    By the time Pinochet took over, Chile's economy was practically nonexistent.

    My relatives lived there during the Allende and Pinochet era, the conservatives would not sell food to the people, they would blow things up. Nixon knew right after he got elected he was going to intervene. The intervention was due because the elite would lose money, not because they care about a another countries economic state. Are you promoting coups just because the country was socialist ?

    Salvador Allende's last speech - YouTube

    The conservatives did it.

    Listen I understand that your trying to prove your ideas, but don't justifies the actions of the united states. My relatives were their, at least give socialism a chance. If if fails it fails, but if it doesn't then it should be left alone.

    In a 2003 town hall with students, high school student James Doubek asked Secretary of State Colin Powell about the United States support for the coup, to which Powell replied that "it is not a part of American history that we're proud of

    Colin Powell: U.S. "Not Proud" of 1973 Covert Action in Chile

  2. #312
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Is communism possible in the USA?

    oh
    my
    gawd
    Becky
    Look at calm he's like such a commie luver
    I can only imagine if he was to go live in North Korea or Cuba for a decade
    how his tune might change just a lil bit? (if he survived).

  3. #313
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Is communism possible in the USA?

    aw crud how was I to know he used to be an officer in the Stasi
    sry my bad

  4. #314
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 02:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Is communism possible in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    OK, how about this kind of communism?
    Communal ownership of property and absolute pacifism in a country that is deeply rooted in individualism and property rights that has been at war since 1775, with only a few breaks in between? Maybe in small communities, but the country as a whole would reject it in a heartbeat.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  5. #315
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    05-17-18 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    971

    Re: Is communism possible in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Thank you for proving my point. Also, thank you for throwing in a joke with your ad-hom.

    By the time Pinochet took over, Chile's economy was practically nonexistent.
    My relatives live in chile during the Allende and Pinochet era. Do you honestly believe the intervention was due because they care about their economic state. No the American elite would lose money because of Allendes polices kept the money in Chile. Do you support that type of economics, killing people and starting coups just because investors would lose money?

    Listen I understand that you have to prove your point but you shouldn't justify the U.S coup, no liberals, socials and lefties here are proclaiming that what russia and china did was right.

    But here Collin Powell speaking on the subject

    http://www.fas.org/irp/news/2003/02/dos022003.html

  6. #316
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Is communism possible in the USA?

    yeah Surtr and I think the last thing that kinda country would do is put a man on the moon either eh?

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Is communism possible in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by jag2594 View Post
    My relatives live in chile during the Allende and Pinochet era. Do you honestly believe the intervention was due because they care about their economic state. No the American elite would lose money because of Allendes polices kept the money in Chile. Do you support that type of economics, killing people and starting coups just because investors would lose money?

    Listen I understand that you have to prove your point but you shouldn't justify the U.S coup, no liberals, socials and lefties here are proclaiming that what russia and china did was right.

    But here Collin Powell speaking on the subject

    Colin Powell: U.S. "Not Proud" of 1973 Covert Action in Chile
    I'd rather it not be interfered with, but the United States has some great need to be the world police. The truth is that Chile didn't really impact anything outside of a small South American sphere of influence. Chile's hyperinflation was pretty minimalized due to its geography and general anonymity.

  8. #318
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 02:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Is communism possible in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    yeah Surtr and I think the last thing that kinda country would do is put a man on the moon either eh?
    Probably not. Technological advances make incredible leaps in times of conflict. Pacifism is stagnation, and communal ownership of property would never work in the United States.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #319
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    05-17-18 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    971

    Re: Is communism possible in the USA?

    [QUOTE=Gipper;1062153985]I'd rather it not be interfered with, but the United States has some great need to be the world police. The truth is that Chile didn't really impact anything outside of a small South American sphere of influence. Chile's hyperinflation was pretty minimalized due to its geography and general anonymity.[/QU

    Exactly, The only reason for America to be the world police is because they only want to benefits the elites. Every read War Is a Racket by general Smedley Butler. The highest decorated marine.


    I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

  10. #320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Is communism possible in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Probably not. Technological advances make incredible leaps in times of conflict. Pacifism is stagnation, and communal ownership of property would never work in the United States.
    Almost any country even remotely populous or wealthy would never condone communal ownership.

Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •