View Poll Results: Which is more crucial

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freedom of Religion

    26 56.52%
  • Mandate to Evolve

    10 21.74%
  • Both are equally crucial

    10 21.74%
Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 938

Thread: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

  1. #821
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    You should write fiction.

    Or maybe God just wanted them to come up with ideas and present them to him themselves. Of course, only the faithful would've had the capacity to do that, so the rest must have settled in, like good little Democrats, and believed what they were told to believe.
    Nope, a God who actually interacts eliminates the need for priests.

    And God said no fire. Its right here on this scroll. Are you trying to get drowned for heresy?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  2. #822
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Nope, a God who actually interacts eliminates the need for priests.
    No good. Priests have their role, and regular followers have theirs. EACH must maintain communication with their maker.

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    And God said no fire. Its right here on this scroll. Are you trying to get drowned for heresy?
    Which scroll?

  3. #823
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Now you're being facetious. Of course they wouldn't teach theories that have been proven to be false.
    OK, you can cancel the Flat Earth for geography, what about the rest?

    The Urban Dictionary is false? That's not even a half-truth, it's very real.

    UFOs/ET/Close Encounters have been proven false? That's news to me. Lots of eye witness will tell you different and there are scientists who claim they're real.

    As for the moon landings & walks, where's the proof of those being real? Plenty of people believe they were faked, including a few Hollywood types who can even tell you how to fake them.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  4. #824
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I also have to mention that those on the left don't seem to have a problem with spending school hours talking up homosexuality. That's correct, isn't it?
    I wouldn't know, I'm not "on the left" - and I don't know what you mean by "talking up" even if I were.

    If you'd like me to comment on Ernst's rant about MA schools, I have no problem with the schools teaching what the laws are, especially new laws. When I was in school we learned consumer protection laws in Civics because those were relatively new. Today they probably don't bother because everyone's heard the term "false advertisement" and knows what it means.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #825
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Who made such a suggestion? Be realistic will you? The most popular and accepted theories should be discussed. You might not like it, but the creationist theory is among those.
    Creationism is not a scientific theory. You may not like it but that's the way it is. Why should it be taught in science class if it's not science?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #826
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    No-- the theories actually backed by science should be taught. Appeals to popularity are fallacious,especially as they only serve the most stupid and superstitious.

    Just because absolute morons want to subvert our schools in order that he schools can match their own level of stupidity, that is not a good reason for our schools to follow suit. If they want to teach that in their churches, go right ahead. Nobody is telling them they can't teach superstion. Our schools should be under noobligation to follow suit because fortunately we aren't some inbred knuckle dragging cesspool like Afghanistan.
    I'm not suggesting any such thing, only that all theories be heard in a neutral manner. The kids can hear everything and make informed decisions.

  7. #827
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They can be discussed in their appropriate subjects. Religious subjects don't belong in science class.
    As long as the subject is approached in the right manner, I don't think it would be any different than teaching mythology or other similar subjects.

  8. #828
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    As long as the subject is approached in the right manner, I don't think it would be any different than teaching mythology or other similar subjects.
    I don't think that overall there is a problem with teaching comparative religion of the history of religion in an academic study. But in general creationist theories do not belong in science class. You don't teach mythology in math class.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #829
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    OK, you can cancel the Flat Earth for geography, what about the rest?

    The Urban Dictionary is false? That's not even a half-truth, it's very real.

    UFOs/ET/Close Encounters have been proven false? That's news to me. Lots of eye witness will tell you different and there are scientists who claim they're real.

    As for the moon landings & walks, where's the proof of those being real? Plenty of people believe they were faked, including a few Hollywood types who can even tell you how to fake them.
    It's only common sense that there isn't enough time to teach everything. The things you are talking about are not on any school curriculum that I'm aware of, whereas theories about how we came to be and other types of beliefs are discussed.

  10. #830
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I wouldn't know, I'm not "on the left" - and I don't know what you mean by "talking up" even if I were.

    If you'd like me to comment on Ernst's rant about MA schools, I have no problem with the schools teaching what the laws are, especially new laws. When I was in school we learned consumer protection laws in Civics because those were relatively new. Today they probably don't bother because everyone's heard the term "false advertisement" and knows what it means.
    Well, give me a chance to reply to one at a time, will you?

    Well, it's true. There are people on the left who would like homosexuality and other social issues discussed in the classroom.

Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •