View Poll Results: Which is more crucial

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freedom of Religion

    26 56.52%
  • Mandate to Evolve

    10 21.74%
  • Both are equally crucial

    10 21.74%
Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 938

Thread: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    No one is telling you to evolve
    Stop typing, Quag. You're embarrassing yourself.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    I am not embarrassed. If you don't like what I post don't read it, it is a free county. Just know that you are wrong
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    I am not embarrassed.
    I know you're not. That's the crux of your problem.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I know you're not. That's the crux of your problem.
    This is pointless you have not proven homosexuality is wrong you have made silly statements then demand proof when someone says you are wrong, unable to provide 1 shred of proof of any of your claims and you think I should be embarrassed?

    Fact SSM will not ruin "religious" marriage as defined by you it will only mean that same sex couples can enjoy the benefits of being legally married. No more no less.
    Fact evolution will not cause you to die out, your own mortality will, just like everyone else.
    Fact many religious denominations have no problem with SSM and will perform religious ceremonies for them
    Fact the catholic church is not being forced to perform SSM
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  5. #75
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    "Evolve or die, there is no try".

    -- Homosexual Proclamation to the World?

    What say you, Ikari?
    How does an orientation proclaim anything?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #76
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    This is pointless you have not proven homosexuality is wrong you have made silly statements then demand proof when someone says you are wrong, unable to provide 1 shred of proof of any of your claims and you think I should be embarrassed?

    Fact SSM will not ruin "religious" marriage as defined by you it will only mean that same sex couples can enjoy the benefits of being legally married. No more no less.
    Fact evolution will not cause you to die out, your own mortality will, just like everyone else.
    Fact many religious denominations have no problem with SSM and will perform religious ceremonies for them
    Fact the catholic church is not being forced to perform SSM
    Could you enlighten us as to exactly who these "many religious denominations" are who have no problem with sam-sex marriage? Because this is quite at variance with reality.

  7. #77
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    There is a reason why the very first item on the agenda of the Constitution was "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

    This should make clear what was on the forefront of the framer's minds.

  8. #78
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,147

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Far as I can tell it's to embrace the notion of same sex marriage. I'm sure there will be more to it as the expression evolves, itself.
    Dude, gay people getting married doesn't threaten your "freedom of religion" any more than atheists getting married.

    I don't see anyone trying to force people to marry gay people. I don't see anyone trying to force churches to marry gay people.

    What you want to do is force the rest of the country to live by YOUR religion. You are the one who is against "freedom of religion."

    Don't marry a gay person. There. Problem solved.

  9. #79
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,147

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I've never heard that term before.
    I haven't either, but I think it's from Obama saying his position on gay marriage was "evolving."

  10. #80
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    There is a reason why the very first item on the agenda of the Constitution was "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

    This should make clear what was on the forefront of the framer's minds.
    If that was "the very first item on the agenda of the Constitution", would you care to explain why it wasn't included in the Constitution but only added later as an amendment?

Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •