View Poll Results: Which is more crucial

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freedom of Religion

    26 56.52%
  • Mandate to Evolve

    10 21.74%
  • Both are equally crucial

    10 21.74%
Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 938

Thread: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

  1. #611
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    difference........my money is taxed from me, and i am commanded to send my child to an institution i am paying for, which is doing me a disservice by promoting things from there point of morality[ which they dont have the authority to teach] to children i dont believe in.

    so my tax money is being used against me...is the park or things you name being used against you...no!
    My money is taxed from me and I am commanded to send YOUR child to an institution I am paying for, which is doing me a disservice by promoting things from your point of morality that I have to pay for your kids. My money is taxes from me and used to subsidize tax breaks on married couple's mortgages, forcing me to pay more while couples can write off taxes. My money is taxed from me to provide entertainment for you and your kids, I provide for the parks and the roads you use more than me and the infrastructure necessary to support your family, etc.

    You're eating my lunch, only you don't have the balls to admit it. You just want to sit there and bitch about other people eating your lunch, but you're more than happy to help yourself to mine.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #612
    User ForcedAppeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    134

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    difference........my money is taxed from me, and i am commanded to send my child to an institution i am paying for, which is doing me a disservice by promoting things from there point of morality[ which they dont have the authority to teach] to children i dont believe in.

    so my tax money is being used against me...is the park or things you name being used against you...no!
    One example - I'm not allowed (as an adult) in public playgrounds around where I live. If I want to enter I need to be accompanied by a child. My tax dollars paid for that, yet I'm barred from going in at 6am when nobody is there and doing some chin ups on the monkey bars.

  3. #613
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    then give me my tax money to solve the problem!
    Give me mine back first, I didn't have a kid in school for 19 years of my tax paying life. then we will consider giving yours back. And the only reason you are going to let your kids be educated with something you don't approve of is over some pretty money.

    Forget it, we will save homeschooling for people that care about their kids more than their money.

    How petty

  4. #614
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    My money is taxed from me and I am commanded to send YOUR child to an institution I am paying for, which is doing me a disservice by promoting things from your point of morality that I have to pay for your kids. My money is taxes from me and used to subsidize tax breaks on married couple's mortgages, forcing me to pay more while couples can write off taxes. My money is taxed from me to provide entertainment for you and your kids, I provide for the parks and the roads you use more than me and the infrastructure necessary to support your family, etc.

    You're eating my lunch, only you don't have the balls to admit it. You just want to sit there and bitch about other people eating your lunch, but you're more than happy to help yourself to mine.
    is your tax money being used against you....to do things which you find offensive?

    if i pay taxes for build a public building, and i am told i myself cannot enter it.......that is using my money against me.

    government cannot use my tax money for things which are against me, and please to not give me the war argument.

  5. #615
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Give me mine back first, I didn't have a kid in school for 19 years of my tax paying life. then we will consider giving yours back. And the only reason you are going to let your kids be educated with something you don't approve of is over some pretty money.

    Forget it, we will save homeschooling for people that care about their kids more than their money.

    How petty

    that money is not against you, are they teaching homosexuality is wrong.........that would be against you, and you would have a right to your money.

  6. #616
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    is your tax money being used against you....to do things which you find offensive?
    Yes. I find it offensive that lazy jerks can't raise their own kids and insist I pay their way.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    if i pay taxes for build a public building, and i am told i myself cannot enter it.......that is using my money against me.
    What am I using a public school for? I have a PhD, I've done all the schooling there is. I don't need it, I don't use it, but you demand I pay for your kids. Get a job, quit eating my lunch.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    government cannot use my tax money for things which are against me, and please to not give me the war argument.
    Why not? The War on Terror, the War on Drugs, the War on Poverty, etc. have all robbed me of money and freedom. But I can't bring that up? Why, because you want more of my lunch? Takes a village indeed, you want to rally against that but you insist that I pay your way. You insist that I invest my sweat into your well being. Talk about offensive. I think you should take that "libertarian" lean off right away because you obviously have no idea what it means when you are willing to take MY lunch for your needs. Socialists....sometimes they don't even know they're socialists.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #617
    User ForcedAppeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    134

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    All municipalities (towns,counties,states,etc) that I'm aware of grant religious institutions exemptions from any local property taxes. So, in effect, the people in the towns where they're located basically subsidize these religious institutions regardless of whether they spread teachings which agree or disagree with the actual taxpayers that subsidize their existence. Should those taxpayers have a say in these instituions' teachings? I mean, they help pay for their continued existence. Maybe some are 'working against' me, yet they still get the exemption which means MY taxes funding someone else's moral ideals.

  8. #618
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    america is not a democracy where you get to determine the rights of other people, ....be it you , or the state.
    nether is a public school you play in their yard you play by their rules. Of you don't like it quit crying about your tax dollars because mine go to the same place and I can't get them back, and get off of you behind, get a higher paying job, buy a used car, live on Bologna and white bread live in a more affordable home, get a second job.

    Otherwise i see you as lazy. You can do it, you just don't want to. Truth is you want the school to bend to your will. Ever think that the people of the state want that to be part of education?

    If you don't want your k kids taught in public schools get them the hell out of it. If the only reason you keep them there is to "get your moneys worth" out of your tax dollars, then you don't really care about the curriculum. You are more concerned with money than your children.

    I adopted a boy, my lovers little brother. He was thirteen when he came to stay with me. I put a roof over his head and food in his stomach, most importantly love and happiness in his heart. I can't claim him as a dependent because my lover and I are both male. I can't claim that my house is a homestead even though it is, because the state won't let us. That includes a desperately needed couple of hundred dollars of tax breaks. On top of that after a long day of dealing with drunk retards I make the time to explain to my boy that the school is full of **** on some things.

    That is a penniless solution to this problem, out just requires you to give a damn. Father hood is the most important job you have, it comes first no matter what.

    So I don't care that you can't get your reduced property taxes back, because I am paying for my kid and your kid. You are k just paying for part of your kid. (in Texas) and you don't care enough about your most important job to take the time to educate your kids. I guess that brand new SUV is more important, or that big screen television or whatever pointless crap gets in the way.

  9. #619
    User ForcedAppeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    134

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I can't claim him as a dependent because my lover and I are both male.
    Clax, that should be no impediment to ONE of you claiming him as dependent. Children have single fathers regularly. (Sometimes if there's been a divorce, it's agreed which spouse will take the exemption for the child) If you provide >50% financial support, you're entitled. Check out the Member of Household or Relationship Test - sounds like you'd qualify.

    I don't know the exact circumstances, so if I'm out of line, apologies.

    Yeah, yeah - - WAAAY off topic as well.

  10. #620
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    that money is not against you, are they teaching homosexuality is wrong.........that would be against you, and you would have a right to your money.
    No i wouldn't have the right to it. I have the right not to be imprisoned for paying my taxes. Money isn't being used against you of they teach your kid that homosexuality is okay, that helps you. Your kids will grow up leaving behind out dated biases.that is a good thing.

    But never the less you can always take your kids out of school. Then that money wouldn't be used against you. You would be in the position I am in.

Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •