View Poll Results: Which is more crucial

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freedom of Religion

    26 56.52%
  • Mandate to Evolve

    10 21.74%
  • Both are equally crucial

    10 21.74%
Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 938

Thread: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

  1. #541
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i have read you have not, ..your attempts of always saying something is something .........but producing no evidence is your usual MO.
    I've already produced evidence. I gave several links. That's evidence young man. You've merely ranted, failing to address the evidence. Once you do that, address the evidence, I'll move to the next batch. But the point is, like the fundamentalist, you're ignoring the evidence that contradicts your reading and / or explains changes along the way. The bet I can do is give you readings that explain this argument. I've done that. So, no more ranting. Tackle the evidence I gave you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #542
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've already produced evidence. I gave several links. That's evidence young man. You've merely ranted, failing to address the evidence. Once you do that, address the evidence, I'll move to the next batch. But the point is, like the fundamentalist, you're ignoring the evidence that contradicts your reading and / or explains changes along the way. The bet I can do is give you readings that explain this argument. I've done that. So, no more ranting. Tackle the evidence I gave you.

    young man, no that does not apply to me... sorry white hair on my head.........you have not produced anything from the founders, who created the constitution and its commerce clause.

    the federal government has only controlled commerce over people and business for 70 years, and you saying they were given that power by the founders in the constitution?

    the founders gave no AUTHORITY to the federal government over the people.. except for pirates, counterfeiters, and traitors, and with the 16th amendment, ....tax cheats, .......the constitution is a limiting document on governments.

  3. #543
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    young man, no that does not apply tome.........you have not produced anything from the founders, who created the constitution and its commerce clause.

    the federal government has only controlled commerce over people and business for 70 years, and you saying they were given that power by the founders in the constitution?

    the founders gave no AUTHORITY to the federal government over the people.. except for pirates, counterfeiters, and traitors, and with the 16th amendment, ....tax cheats, .......the constitution is a limiting document on governments.
    I don't have to produce anything from the founders. It didn't end there. It only began there. Over two hundred years, things don't stay static. Constantly I show you the movement, what led to what, what law allowed it, what written allowed it, the arguments used. Because history escapes you, and your view is too narrow, you miss reality. This is why I do are you to the fundamentalist religious zealot. You don't know enough to see your error, and your mind s closed to learning more, which I suspect is why you ignore the evidence I've given.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #544
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't have to produce anything from the founders. It didn't end there. It only began there. Over two hundred years, things don't stay static. Constantly I show you the movement, what led to what, what law allowed it, what written allowed it, the arguments used. Because history escapes you, and your view is too narrow, you miss reality. This is why I do are you to the fundamentalist religious zealot. You don't know enough to see your error, and your mind s closed to learning more, which I suspect is why you ignore the evidence I've given.
    no it does end there... until there an amendment to the constitution thats delagates another power to congress, and since america founding, can you tell me what powers have been given to congress outside of the 18 besides .... taxes to income.

    religion, how did that get in there?

    the constitution is a very easy and understandable read, the founders stated clearly only delegated powers do the federal government have, and if not delegated it not a federal power

    Amendment X

    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    Last edited by Master PO; 08-04-13 at 09:55 PM.

  5. #545
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no it does end there... until there an amendment to the constitution thats delagates another power to congress, and since america founding, can you tell me what powers have been given to congress outside of the 18 besides .... taxes to income.
    There have been amendments. The courts refer to them. And I have already linked an answer to your question, you should have read it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #546
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There have been amendments. The courts refer to them. And I have already linked an answer to your question, you should have read it.
    what amendments give them more powers, ....besides income taxes.

  7. #547
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    what amendments give them more powers, ....besides income taxes.
    Gave you that and the 14th. There are several links. You really should read them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #548
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Gave you that and the 14th. There are several links. You really should read them.
    sorry no..... this gives congress no power it talks about former slaves with rights privileges and immunities due process, no discrimination by governments.

    people and representation.......but does not bestow any powers.

  9. #549
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sorry no..... this gives congress no power it talks about former slaves with rights privileges and immunities due process, no discrimination by governments.

    people and representation.......but does not bestow any powers.
    But it does. Read the links. Your premise is largely false. And I did link explanations on that. I won't go any further until you catch up. Read the links.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #550
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But it does. Read the links. Your premise is largely false. And I did link explanations on that. I won't go any further until you catch up. Read the links.
    since you claim to know it so well, explain a new power to me, for congress under the 14th...i am listening now, and waitng.

Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •