View Poll Results: Which is more crucial

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freedom of Religion

    26 56.52%
  • Mandate to Evolve

    10 21.74%
  • Both are equally crucial

    10 21.74%
Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 938

Thread: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

  1. #461
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I wasn't asking the question to you! If you said you had PROOF of gods, then yes I would have asked you for this proof. But you said proof of gods cannot exist. It's a true statement, but I wasn't addressing that end. I was addressing an individual who claimed to have proof, and I am looking for that proof!

    For the love of Christ, this should not have to be explained. Jesus, Allah, Buddha I love you all.
    He doesn't have proof. That was the context, anything that fell out of his mouth would be a complete lie, or an interpretation.

    Um, you posted this on an open forum so you asked a question publicly, you want to address a single member sind him a pm. The way it works us any body can answer. I simply stepped in before doodle made a fool of himself. Doesn't matter what hesaid further on the subject it would be wrong. You are a nihilist anyway what God would proof of God do you?

  2. #462
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    He doesn't have proof. That was the context, anything that fell out of his mouth would be a complete lie, or an interpretation.

    Um, you posted this on an open forum so you asked a question publicly, you want to address a single member sind him a pm. The way it works us any body can answer. I simply stepped in before doodle made a fool of himself. Doesn't matter what hesaid further on the subject it would be wrong. You are a nihilist anyway what God would proof of God do you?
    I know he doesn't have proof, because proof of the system cannot be held. He can therefore either resend the comment of having proof, or show the proof (which we agree cannot be done). But if he is to claim proof, I will ask for it.

    And, BTW, I quoted his post and asked him for the proof, I asked no one else. You merely inserted yourself and demanded that I heed your posts when I couldn't give two ****s about them.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #463
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    What are you talking about? Liberals mandate evolution every day.
    Evolution started prior to humanity, therefore prior to liberalism. So mandates have no effect and are not really relevant. Do you really mean societal progress when you say evolution? Because evolution is both environmental and genetic, not mandated

  4. #464
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I know he doesn't have proof, because proof of the system cannot be held. He can therefore either resend the comment of having proof, or show the proof (which we agree cannot be done). But if he is to claim proof, I will ask for it.
    He doesn't have proof, he is a liar, or he views interpretations of reality as proof. You are smart enough to know that. Why play the game? That isn't smart.

    The real argument comes in at this point, why do I need proof to believe something? Why does your opinion matter when it comes to my beliefs? Don't get me wrong, I am not addressing these questions to you. They represent the attitude that people should have regarding beliefs. Your beliefs or what ever you choose to call it are your own, mine are my own. If we can simply disagree with respect for one another in that regard these conversations wouldn't go down this road.

    I admit that I did that by saying that you are pathetic for being hopeless. I think that all people have is hope. But in all honesty you stated that that belief was pathetic. I apologize to you, while I disagree with your belief that hope is pathetic, I failed to show you respect.

    I am a Christian, but there is no reason we can't have a civil conversation about this. I Assume you are a nihilist, is that incorrect?

  5. #465
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    He doesn't have proof, he is a liar, or he views interpretations of reality as proof. You are smart enough to know that. Why play the game? That isn't smart.
    If someone is going to claim proof, I am going to demand proof. That's all there is to it. If they cannot offer proof, then that is measurement that they are lying.

    And I ain't a nihilist, I'm just your friendly neighborhood scientist.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #466
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought we were talking about education, are teachers forcing children to have sex with each other or just educating them about it?

    i asked why do people believe government cannot make laws about sex.

    and then say government can make laws about sex.......polices are essentially the same as a law.......Federal Laws, Policy & Regulations

    Federal Laws, Policy & Regulations

    Laws & Policies

    https://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/

    Who makes school policies? And how do they decide what the policies should be? The school board adopts policy, usually upon the recommendation of the superintendent, and the superintendent then implements those policies; however, public school policies originate from federal, state, and local sources.

    How School Works: How Policies Are Created

    even i am not saying schools are teaching a sexual act, but they are promoting the idea, homosexuality is OK.

    if they can say its OK, then why can they not say its...not OK.......see the problem there.

    they government ...is coming down on the side of an issue, an issue which they have been given no authority over.

    if MASS, teaches homosexuality is good, can TEXAS, teach it is bad?

  7. #467
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If someone is going to claim proof, I am going to demand proof. That's all there is to it. If they cannot offer proof, then that is measurement that they are lying.

    And I ain't a nihilist, I'm just your friendly neighborhood scientist.
    Science isn't a spiritual identity. My brother is a devout Catholic and also a scientist.
    If you have no spiritual identity just say so.

    if you ask someone for proof of their religious beliefs they are going to give you what they consider proof. If it isn't enough to convince you, that doesn't mean they are morons.

  8. #468
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i asked why do people believe government cannot make laws about sex.

    and then say government can make laws about sex.......polices are essentially the same as a law.......Federal Laws, Policy & Regulations

    Federal Laws, Policy & Regulations

    Laws & Policies

    https://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/

    Who makes school policies? And how do they decide what the policies should be? The school board adopts policy, usually upon the recommendation of the superintendent, and the superintendent then implements those policies; however, public school policies originate from federal, state, and local sources.

    How School Works: How Policies Are Created

    even i am not saying schools are teaching a sexual act, but they are promoting the idea, homosexuality is OK.

    if they can say its OK, then why can they not say its...not OK.......see the problem there.

    they government ...is coming down on the side of an issue, an issue which they have been given no authority over.

    if MASS, teaches homosexuality is good, can TEXAS, teach it is bad?
    No, you were talking about education, then you said education should be censured based on outside school teachings. I don't get where sex came into it.

    They have been promoting the idea that heterosexuality is okay, what is the difference?

    The government is protecting an oppressed minority. This is the foundation of the united states. The people are the government and the officials are there to ensure that it doesn't become mass tyranny.

    No Texas can't, just like they can't teach being Jewish is bad. But they can teach that it's okay.
    Last edited by CLAX1911; 08-02-13 at 10:58 PM.

  9. #469
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Science isn't a spiritual identity. My brother is a devout Catholic and also a scientist.
    If you have no spiritual identity just say so.

    if you ask someone for proof of their religious beliefs they are going to give you what they consider proof. If it isn't enough to convince you, that doesn't mean they are morons.
    While it maynot mean that they are morons, it does mean that they have no proof.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #470
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    No, you were talking about education, then you said education should be censured based on outside school teachings. I don't get where sex came into it.

    They have been promoting the idea that heterosexuality is okay, what is the difference?

    The government is protecting an oppressed minority. This is the foundation of the united states. The people are the government and the officials are there to ensure that it doesn't become mass tyranny.

    No Texas can't, just like they can't teach being Jewish is bad. But they can teach that it's okay.

    simplified.......why do people believe the state cannot act on an issue, and then in another breath say they can.

Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •