View Poll Results: Which is more crucial

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Freedom of Religion

    26 56.52%
  • Mandate to Evolve

    10 21.74%
  • Both are equally crucial

    10 21.74%
Page 37 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 938

Thread: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

  1. #361
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    So, we have another troll thread by doodle. Very nice.

    Utter lunacy because evolution occurs regardless of religion, there needn't be a mandate, that is similar to mandating high tide, or sun rise.

    Freedom of religion is placed in absolutely no jeopardy by evolution. If it is than it will be lost because you can't stop progress. But I frankly don't see how the two are connected.


  2. #362
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    it is the idea that homosexuality is normal and good,nothing wrong with it.........and thats ok for people who wish to believe that way.

    however there are people who dont believe that, and their concerns are not being heard, and listened to, and overruled.
    Their concerns should be over ruled, out isn't their concern that gay people exist. The concerns are ridiculous, what are they? I have so far heard, God will smite us, poppycock. Everybody will turn gay, how much exposure to gay people do you need to have before you turn gay? If you say any you are gay, you never were straight. Homosexuality isn't a disease you catch. And the last argument, most ridiculous of all, there will be a decrease in population, again if theonly thing keeping you out of your own locker room is that only opposites can marry, you aren't straight and you never were.

    These opinion should be over ruled, they have been proven wrong. Someone who insists that the earth is flat doesn't really get a say in science. Those opinions are overruled because they are backward. Your concerns were heard and finally being dismissed because they are so ridiculous they border on insanity. Listening to people say backward ideas and false concepts is regression. Things only ever move forward.

    So the "gay agenda" is progress. You can't stop progress. The tighter you cling to uneducated rhetoric the faster the world will progress around you.

    There is no gay agenda, there is the battle for equality, based on your plea that the people who were listened to for centuries about marriage and homosexuality continue to be listened to really shows that you actually believe you are superior and saying that an oppressed people should continue to be oppressed while we sort out the irrational fears of people who dream up the "gay agenda". Really shows you are not at all willing to consider giving up your supremacy. We have to team up against this crap, its the only way to insure that this supremacy is crushed, it's the only thing that stands in the way of the pursuit of happiness.

    What on earth us any kind of good reason to not let gay people get married, and please don't post any of the ignorant **** that I already addressed.

  3. #363
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    whether someone teaches their children to be a bigot or not...its not ours or anyone's else business to teach them differently, ..you and government are not the parents of the child..when did children become the property of the state.

    government is not here to make us moral or immoral, becuase government is composed of people who have their own set of values.

    i am not for government teaching anyone to be against anyone, but in the same breath i not for government telling people they WILL learn XYZ.

    a person's behavior is not yours or government's affair, if that person has committed no crime...........you and government want to shape people to your liking....and thats not right.
    LOL All laws are made to control peoples behavior. What planet do you live on? Anti-social behavior like bigotry does not have to be respected or maintained. You could say the same about polygamists, pedophiles, or any number creeps that society has shunned.

  4. #364
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    LOL All laws are made to control peoples behavior. What planet do you live on? Anti-social behavior like bigotry does not have to be respected or maintained. You could say the same about polygamists, pedophiles, or any number creeps that society has shunned.
    and thats what i am talking about, there is no authority in the constitution on a federal or state to dictate to the people.

    when did constitutions give government such authority.

  5. #365
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    What on earth us any kind of good reason to not let gay people get married, and please don't post any of the ignorant **** that I already addressed.
    i have stated i dont care if gays marry ....this is what i dont like...the public school part...i am always against government using force on people who have done nothing.

    How same-sex "marriage" affects Massachusetts
    Last edited by Master PO; 08-02-13 at 01:48 AM.

  6. #366
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    LOL All laws are made to control peoples behavior. What planet do you live on? Anti-social behavior like bigotry does not have to be respected or maintained. You could say the same about polygamists, pedophiles, or any number creeps that society has shunned.
    if someone is a bigot, racist, or what ever they believe ,feel towards other people.......its not your business.......if they take action against another person then its a problem for government, but until they do ,you and government have no authority to shape them into a mold you like.

  7. #367
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by lolabird View Post
    You certainly are a fan of exaggerated hyperbole, aren't you.
    I never proposed that teachers should impose their set of morals on their pupils. However, if you really do possess a PhD, surely even you can comprehend that a teacher's classroom actions have an ability to leave an indelible impression on young children.
    If you believe teachers should prevent children from assaulting one another, wouldn't it follow that a caring, compassionate teacher would explain the ramifications and hopefully the children would learn a moral lesson?
    I'm not a fan of hyperbole. I am a fan of logical thinking. If you go back and read what you wrote then you will see that you DID advocate teachers teaching morality. I think they should teach their subject matter. Stopping pupims from assaulting or bullying each other is not the same as teaching them morals. There are other settings for that.

  8. #368
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    LOL All laws are made to control peoples behavior. What planet do you live on? Anti-social behavior like bigotry does not have to be respected or maintained. You could say the same about polygamists, pedophiles, or any number creeps that society has shunned.
    So you feel that the state should police people's thinking?

  9. #369
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    If only that were true but history tells us that bigotry of all kinds does not lend itself to voluntary abolition. Just look at the 100 years that the blacks waited and it STILL took a Constitutional amendment and Federal enforcement to end segregation. Bigotry is passed on through parents and it is only common sense that schools need to play a role in opposing bigotry.
    Did you think that schools teaching that segregation of blacks was wrong were "forcing things on people" too?
    You are confusing thoughts, opinions and mentalities (i.e. bigotry) with actions and policies.

  10. #370
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Freedom of Religion vs the Mandate to Evolve [W 65]

    Quote Originally Posted by ForcedAppeal View Post
    Is teaching students that cheating is wrong and why it is wrong 'forcing morals on you or yours?
    (Of course they should know this already, but as it applies to a classroom setting should still be discussed in class and thereby constitute a lesson in morals)

    My point is that, as usual, it's not so easy to generalize and say 'no morals should be taught in school'.

    Of course nobody wants the more nuanced morals taught as if there is a right or wrong (ex. abortion,gun rights,etc.etc) but SOME morals are appropriately discussed (and again, this constitutes a lesson) in a classroom setting.

    Parents have the home and their places of worship to discuss other moral matters in a more deep and nuanced manner.
    Cheating is a form of indiscipline, not a question of morality (unless you are referring to "cheating" in a marital context, which I presume you are not). It is a breach of the rules and therefore shouldn't be tolerated.

    If you were to read the thread you would see that the people I react against DO indeed advocate the teaching of what you refer to as "the more nuanced morals".

Page 37 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •