View Poll Results: Weiner for mayor of your city?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure

    8 12.12%
  • No

    55 83.33%
  • Maybe

    3 4.55%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 176

Thread: Weiner for mayor of your city?

  1. #71
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I literally have no idea what you're trying to get at. I get the feeling you believe you're making a point, but all I can see is that you're mentioning something that roughly half the country has between their legs.
    I have absolutely no idea how you figure that.
    Why don't you ask your wife, girlfriend, partner or whatever how they would feel about you sending pictures of your junk to women and dickting with them.
    Do you, as a professor, think Carlos Danger acted wisely? Did he make the right decision to send out graphic pictures of his junk after he apologized for lying the first time and then saying he would not repeat his bad behavior. I say bad behavior because there are two innocent people in the scenario; his wife and little boy.
    You are right, we all have genitalia, but would you want your small children viewing Carlos' appendage?

  2. #72
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Right, like misleading the public, how you treat your wife and child, willingness to drag your family through a public scandel, sending random people offensive images, being dumb enough to do so publicly, etc, etc, etc.
    It amazes me how persistent you are on being wrong. I'm not even going to bother to read the rest of your post, because I know I can ask one simple question you're incapable of answering in any way but one, the one way which proves my point.

    Was this "scandal" about his personal life or was it job related? Until you can tell me it was job related, I don't need to read anything else from you.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolabird View Post
    Why don't you ask your wife, girlfriend, partner or whatever how they would feel about you sending pictures of your junk to women and dickting with them.
    I had a girlfriend once who would have been perfectly okay with it. In fact, she would have enjoyed the three of us getting together in person. I'm not really that kind of person, but she wouldn't have had a problem at all with it.

    So how does that relate to your question?

    Do you, as a professor, think Carlos Danger acted wisely?
    No, he acted foolishly, but his actions were reflective of decisions made in his personal life, not his professional. I would not be voting for him to be Minister of Morality, I would be electing him to run my city.

    You are right, we all have genitalia, but would you want your small children viewing Carlos' appendage?
    There are many things I would not want my hypothetical children to do...one such thing would be to judge a man totally by his actions in one narrow aspect. I prefer my children be able to see beyond such a limited understanding of the world and realize people are multi-faceted and complex beings, and inefficiencies in one area do not automatically indicate inefficiencies in others.

    To directly answer your question, no I would not, but at the same time, his penis has nothing to do with how well he might do his job.

  3. #73
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    It amazes me how persistent you are on being wrong. I'm not even going to bother to read the rest of your post, because I know I can ask one simple question you're incapable of answering in any way but one, the one way which proves my point.

    Was this "scandal" about his personal life or was it job related? Until you can tell me it was job related, I don't need to read anything else from you.
    I already answered that (about a dozen times), and pointed out how he has handled the response to it speaks to his ability as a public figure and is clearly "job related". You have simply ignored that answer and have continued asking the same question. So i fail to see how it would prove me wrong.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I already answered that
    Yes, and the answer is the same. It was about his private personal life. So as I said:

    "Until you can tell me it was job related, I don't need to read anything else from you."

  5. #75
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Yes, and the answer is the same.
    right, which makes one wonder why you either don't address it, or at least acknowledge it. You know, as opposed to asking the same question over again and pretending I didn't already answer it

    It was about his private personal life.
    No, I just explained numerous times how it concerns more than his private personal life, even in the manner he shared the photos in question.

    So as I said:

    "Until you can tell me it was job related, I don't need to read anything else from you."
    I already did numerous times. You simply ignore it

  6. #76
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    01-04-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,432

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Not decided yet, but weiner has fought hard in this back and forth campaign as he feels the squeeze with release after release from the media. I think weiner would appreciate a helping hand to help overcome this hard time.
    Caitlyn Strong...

  7. #77
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Of course not. Why even ask? Too too much baggage and odds are we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

    Same thing with Herman Cain, there are probably other women who didn't step forward.

    But unbelievable as it is there is their wives standing alongside them at press conferences. Same thing with Larry Craig having his wife standing there with a beaming smile and listening to him explain his wide stance.

    Sometimes I want to scream but have no mouth.

  8. #78
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Of course integrity does. But integrity is far more than whether or not someone has sent naked pictures of themselves.

    First of all, as I've mentioned, you don't know what his relationship with his wife is like. But, even if we assume it's the traditional relationship, it still has nothing to do with his job. If a man rode a motorcycle without a helmet in his free time, would you say he's unfit for public service because of his reckless disregard for safety? If a man moved to a new house and broke his rental release to do so, would you say he's unfit to hold public office because he's not a man of his word?

    Simply focusing in on one aspect of a person, especially an aspect unrelated to his job, to determine if he's qualified for a job is silly. I'm not saying Weiner is qualified or that I'd vote for him, I'm simply saying that sending pictures of his genitals to people would not keep me from voting for him.
    Integrity is foundational to character, and a guy with weiner's problems shouldn't hold a position of trust; trust being foundational to an elected position. At best, this guy is philandering moron, at worst, a sexual predator. You want a sexual predator holding the most powerful mayorship in the nation?

    Weiner is a general in the real war on women.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    No I would not

    He is a person who can not control himself, and as a mayor a person should be able to control their actions, especially impulsive ones that probably are not going to be good.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  10. #80
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    It amazes me how persistent you are on being wrong. I'm not even going to bother to read the rest of your post, because I know I can ask one simple question you're incapable of answering in any way but one, the one way which proves my point.

    Was this "scandal" about his personal life or was it job related? Until you can tell me it was job related, I don't need to read anything else from you.

    I had a girlfriend once who would have been perfectly okay with it. In fact, she would have enjoyed the three of us getting together in person. I'm not really that kind of person, but she wouldn't have had a problem at all with it.

    So how does that relate to your question?

    No, he acted foolishly, but his actions were reflective of decisions made in his personal life, not his professional. I would not be voting for him to be Minister of Morality, I would be electing him to run my city.

    There are many things I would not want my hypothetical children to do...one such thing would be to judge a man totally by his actions in one narrow aspect. I prefer my children be able to see beyond such a limited understanding of the world and realize people are multi-faceted and complex beings, and inefficiencies in one area do not automatically indicate inefficiencies in others.

    To directly answer your question, no I would not, but at the same time, his penis has nothing to do with how well he might do his job.
    My question would be a moot point if you speak for everyone. Do You?

    Carlos's penis has been seen all over the world as has his lewd conversation with a 22 year-old. The condition of his penis has everything to do with how well he might do his job. If he should become over-stimulated while speaking in public because he sees a sexual 20 year-old, some in the audience may not understand the throbbing bulge before them no matter how multi-faceted and complex he may be.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •