View Poll Results: Weiner for mayor of your city?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure

    8 12.12%
  • No

    55 83.33%
  • Maybe

    3 4.55%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 176

Thread: Weiner for mayor of your city?

  1. #101
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Indeed we are.
    No, you are not. Continuing to claim his response to his sexual actions are public still does not change the fact his actions are in response to his private sexual life. This is incredibly simple, yet you seem to be having more difficulty with it than anyone should.

    Things can be related to a sex scandal while not concerning his sexual preference. Example: someone kills their gay lover for threatening to go public. Clearly the issues surrounding such would involve the sex scandal, but still raise concerns beyond sexual preference.


    That would not be a sex scandal, that would be a murder scandal. I think your example pretty clearly proves your inability to understand this situation. Oh, and by the way, if their lover did come out and expose a politician for being gay, is it your position that would affect his ability to do his job? I'd hope not, so you can understand why your example fails in multiple ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolabird View Post
    OMGosh! Your looking for a lie Carlos told. Why didn't you say that?
    No, what I'm saying is that I have no idea whether or not Weiner would have my vote. I'm saying his sex life would not impact my vote at all.

    When Carlos Danger exposed his penis to the public, he also exposed his wife and little boy.
    His wife is a political figure herself. And his boy has not been exposed any more than any other child of a politician.

    That may not be troublesome for someone like you, but for a lot of public, his lewd actions and lies are troublesome.
    Perhaps you're not aware of this, but the little boy would not exist if he did not have sex with his wife. Getting defensive about the idea he's a sexual creature seems a little hypocritical at this point, don't you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    again, nothing to do with his "preferences"
    It's completely about his preferences. But it should not be. It should be based upon whether or not he would be a good mayor. That's how I would decide whether or not to vote for him.

    If it wasn't a problem, why is he in therapy for it?
    How is that relevant to how well he'll do the job as mayor? That's what I mean when I say it's not a problem.

    Yes, T-R-U-S-T
    Unless you are his wife, has he given you a reason not to trust him? Is that reason based upon the job he'll do, and not based upon something to do with his sex life?

    Maybe he has. And if he has, THAT is why you shouldn't vote for him (assuming the other person hasn't given you a reason to not trust). But use reasons related to his job, not his private life.

    I didn't make it, one of Carlo's "girlfriends" did.
    But you're the one trying to pass it off in this conversation.
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 07-28-13 at 04:39 PM.

  2. #102
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No, you are not. Continuing to claim his response to his sexual actions are public still does not change the fact his actions are in response to his private sexual life. This is incredibly simple, yet you seem to be having more difficulty with it than anyone should.
    Uh, I just outlined how the acts were 1) not private (and you just asserted the very same thing), and 2) how his response to them raised legitimate concerns about his ability in office

    That would not be a sex scandal
    Please read with precision: I wrote <<<Things can be related to a sex scandal while not concerning his sexual preference>>>, in reply to you writing <<<unrelated to what happened with this sex "scandal">>>.

    Note that I in no way claim murder would be a "sex scandal", but that his response in handling the "sex scandel"(murder) would speak to his fitness in office, while not focusing on his "sexual preference".


    Oh, and by the way, if their lover did come out and expose a politician for being gay, is it your position that would affect his ability to do his job? I'd hope not, so you can understand why your example fails in multiple ways.
    Yes, though I said nothing of the sort, that is exactly what i meant.

    PS does delving into pointless character attacks really strike you as the best way to help your argument here?

    I think your example pretty clearly proves your inability to understand this situation.
    I am not sure you intentionally trying to distort what I wrote, and the context that I wrote it in, amounts to anything of the sort. In fact, if it does anything, it highlights the fact that you continue to make claims, have them rebutted, then simply ignore the unfavorable responses while frantically trying to redefine your position

  3. #103
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Unless you are his wife, has he given you a reason not to trust him? Is that reason based upon the job he'll do, and not based upon something to do with his sex life?
    Yes, the buffoonish, incompetent manner in which he has handled the situation ...

  4. #104
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No, you are not. Continuing to claim his response to his sexual actions are public still does not change the fact his actions are in response to his private sexual life. This is incredibly simple, yet you seem to be having more difficulty with it than anyone should.



    That would not be a sex scandal, that would be a murder scandal. I think your example pretty clearly proves your inability to understand this situation. Oh, and by the way, if their lover did come out and expose a politician for being gay, is it your position that would affect his ability to do his job? I'd hope not, so you can understand why your example fails in multiple ways.
    No, what I'm saying is that I have no idea whether or not Weiner would have my vote. I'm saying his sex life would not impact my vote at all.

    His wife is a political figure herself. And his boy has not been exposed any more than any other child of a politician.

    Perhaps you're not aware of this, but the little boy would not exist if he did not have sex with his wife. Getting defensive about the idea he's a sexual creature seems a little hypocritical at this point, don't you think?
    It's completely about his preferences. But it should not be. It should be based upon whether or not he would be a good mayor. That's how I would decide whether or not to vote for him.

    How is that relevant to how well he'll do the job as mayor? That's what I mean when I say it's not a problem.

    Unless you are his wife, has he given you a reason not to trust him? Is that reason based upon the job he'll do, and not based upon something to do with his sex life?

    Maybe he has. And if he has, THAT is why you shouldn't vote for him (assuming the other person hasn't given you a reason to not trust). But use reasons related to his job, not his private life.

    But you're the one trying to pass it off in this conversation.
    To each his own. You can talk until you're blue, but I would never vote for Carlos for all the obvious reasons.

  5. #105
    User Jon Slice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Central Florida & Arkansas
    Last Seen
    09-26-13 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    117

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    If there were a wiener/holder ticket I would have to hold off my decision until I had seen how they hold up among the "POLLS".(read as poles)
    With a name like Slice, what did you expect?
    "Honey Badger Don't Care!"
    I'm snarky. deal with it.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Yes, the buffoonish, incompetent manner in which he has handled the situation ...
    Again, you seem incapable of understanding this simplest of concepts...

    What situation? The situation surrounding his private sex life?

    As long as the answer to that question is yes, you will never be right about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolabird View Post
    To each his own. You can talk until you're blue, but I would never vote for Carlos for all the obvious reasons.
    I honestly could not care less how you would vote. You seemed to be the one with the issues of how I would vote.

  7. #107
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Again, you seem incapable of understanding this simplest of concepts...

    What situation? The situation surrounding his private sex life?

    As long as the answer to that question is yes, you will never be right about this.
    I honestly could not care less how you would vote. You seemed to be the one with the issues of how I would vote.
    Do you really vote?

  8. #108
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Again, you seem incapable of understanding this simplest of concepts...
    Not really, being that I am continually outlining why you are wrong and you're only response to such is to go "nu-uh"

    What situation? The situation surrounding his private sex life?
    1) as outlined here and previously admitted to by yourself: posting cock pics in a public forum and sending them to random women is not private

    2) Yes, situations surrounding his personal sexual habits, but that speak to his ability to govern. Just like killing one's gay lover would be "a situation surrounding his private sex life" but "his response to it would speak to his ability to govern"

    Yes, we know: "nu-uh".


    "As long as the answer to that question is yes, you will never be right about this."

    I already addressed this exact point.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1062110293

    our discussion of such stopped here when you made a rather blatant attempt to shift goal posts, distort what I actually wrote, and raise various straw man arguments

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1062116472

    Now, in your usual fashion, you are simply ignoring that such points have been addressed, declaring yourself some sort of victor, and attempting to pointlessly rehash arguments we already went over in detail

  9. #109
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    It's completely about his preferences. But it should not be. It should be based upon whether or not he would be a good mayor. That's how I would decide whether or not to vote for him.
    No, it's not about his preferences. It's about his integrity. You don't remember all the lies he told when it was uncovered he was doing this as a Congressman? It's innapropriate behavior he lied about when cought, finally resigned over it, then doubled down on it again.

    How is that relevant to how well he'll do the job as mayor? That's what I mean when I say it's not a problem.
    Because, he's obviously got problems, problems I wouldn't want see interfere with the job. The most powerful mayorship in the country.

    Unless you are his wife, has he given you a reason not to trust him? Is that reason based upon the job he'll do, and not based upon something to do with his sex life?
    Yes, he has. He's exhibited a propensity for engaging in compromising behavior. Anyone in a postion of trust knows what the impact of that is. If you don't understand it, well, then you don't understand it.

    Maybe he has. And if he has, THAT is why you shouldn't vote for him (assuming the other person hasn't given you a reason to not trust). But use reasons related to his job, not his private life.
    Well, I wouldn't vote for him because I don't like his positions. Even the non-sexually oriented ones.

    But you're the one trying to pass it off in this conversation.
    Relaying the facts.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Weiner for mayor of your city?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Would you want Anthony Weiner as mayor of your city? Do you think he would do a good job as mayor? If so, what kinds of things do you think he would do to better your city?
    No I don't think I'd want a wiener as the mayor of my city.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •