View Poll Results: Should your property rights extend into the sky abave you

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, you should own the air above you to a reasonable altitude

    8 80.00%
  • No, you can't own air, your property ends where air begins

    2 20.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Invasion of privacy

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Invasion of privacy

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    C'mon fly boys, tell me what gives you the right to swoop in over my house for a closer look. Tell me how that's different than me looking in the windows of your house.
    As I said, if they are in controlled airspace, they are being told where to go and at what altitude to stay, not "swoopin in over your house for a closer look".
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #32
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Invasion of privacy

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    How much do those maps cost?
    Terraserver is an online company and you can order prints of their already existing images. Less than $200 for a large poster size one.
    Anything more detailed than what's readily available through the quality of Google images and the price skyrockets significantly.
    Some private companies will do it on request at the cost of thousands.

    And of course flight surveillance companies can also be hired for helicopter/etc - also costing thousands.

    Businesses use such services to aid in the development and selling of land, etc.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Invasion of privacy

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    As I said, if they are in controlled airspace, they are being told where to go and at what altitude to stay, not "swoopin in over your house for a closer look".
    Not controlled air space, I am 100 miles from the nearest international airport and 20 miles from the nearest small plane airport.

  4. #34
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Invasion of privacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Terraserver is an online company and you can order prints of their already existing images. Less than $200 for a large poster size one.
    Anything more detailed than what's readily available through the quality of Google images and the price skyrockets significantly.
    Some private companies will do it on request at the cost of thousands.

    And of course flight surveillance companies can also be hired for helicopter/etc - also costing thousands.

    Businesses use such services to aid in the development and selling of land, etc.
    I know a guy that does aerial art photos with a big kite. Sounds like it would be just as economical to build my own kite or drone. lol

  5. #35
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Invasion of privacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    There are loopholes, aside from hacking YOUR OWN equipment. RV and luxury boat owners are given an exemption under the presumption their TVs travel beyond home metro areas. Plus there are online streaming options like Slingbox, Roku, AppleTV, regular computers connected to TVs, etc. that most people aren't aware of; the later 3 limited to just locally originated programming and only of some TV stations. Plus, with some amplification antennas you can pick up neighboring cities.

    So are you legal or can't talk about it ?
    I am legal right now its just a antenna not satellite. I used to have a c-band satellite that got some what was supposed to be pay for channels. Never figured out why it didnt have a descrambler. But a bad storm fried it in one bad lightning strike.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Invasion of privacy

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    C'mon fly boys, tell me what gives you the right to swoop in over my house for a closer look. Tell me how that's different than me looking in the windows of your house.
    Ummm 495 feet and standing on my property...

    This is the first time you have mentioned your nude old lady in a rant about low flying aircraft. First rant I recall was anger over DEA choppers and wanting to shoot at them. Ya sure 'they' want a peek at an older lady or are they more interested in that plot of funny looking weeds out back?

  7. #37
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Invasion of privacy

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    I am legal right now its just a antenna not satellite. I used to have a c-band satellite that got some what was supposed to be pay for channels. Never figured out why it didnt have a descrambler. But a bad storm fried it in one bad lightning strike.
    Roku is the new c-band ��. I think they're up to 800 channels, no bulky equipment to make your HOA mad and super cheap in comparison. Btw: cable TV is terrified of it and often your Internet provider, who is often the same company, blocks access to the right ports. I had to get roku tech support on the phone to help me get around the obstacles my cable tv/isp put up for about 45 mins. I still have cable though.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •