View Poll Results: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Having a black President has caused America to be more rasict

    15 36.59%
  • Having a black President has caused America to be less rasict

    1 2.44%
  • Having a black President has exposed racism that was not as apparent prior to his election

    25 60.98%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim in America?

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    Into and i will not engage you when you twist my position into a flimsy strawman.
    Why are you dishonestly taking part of my sentences and reproducing them as if they were statements instead of the questions that they were? That is grossly dishonest and a complete attempt to perpetrate an intellectual fraud.

    Of course you will not engage because your premise has been destroyed. Of course there is racial hatred directed towards the president and I gave you examples of it that we all saw. If you wish to hide your head in the sand and explain it away - that is on you.

    Is it really your position that there is NO opposition to Obama based on racial animosity?

    Is that your position?

    In case you don't recognize it - those are QUESTIONS. I am asking you questions about what you believe. I am NOT telling you what you believe but asking you if that is what you believe. The two question marks should have been the drop dead give away.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #52
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Of course you will not engage because your premise has been destroyed. Of course there is racial hatred directed towards the president and I gave you examples of it that we all saw.

    Is it really your position that there is NO opposition to Obama based on racial animosity?

    Is that your position?

    You continue to misrepresent my position. I will not restate it a third time. Ironically, though i am not the one lying about another's position, you are now calling me dishonest.

    So now you combine ad hominem with your strawman. Well done. You lose.

  3. #53
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,384

    Re: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no doubt that for some - you are correct. I also have no doubt for others, the race of the president is a major driver of their hatred for him. If one is going to look at THE WHOLE POINT - to use your phrase - lets look at all of it. To pretend that there is not some hatred of Obama because of his race is to play ostrich.
    Would you also say: "I also have no doubt for others, the race of the president is a major driver for their adoration for him?"

    I judge the man based on his actions and the content of his character. Seems to be a nice man, raising with his wife, impressive young ladies. As a leader, I don't care for him.

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Would you also say: "I also have no doubt for others, the race of the president is a major driver for their adoration for him?"
    Yes. I would agree with that also.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #55
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,384

    Re: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yes. I would agree with that also.
    Fair enough.

  6. #56
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    26

    Re: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim in America?

    I am so worried that US in the name of democracy and capitalism have became so uncivilized country ever in history.

    First I dont know why you people differentiate as BLACK and WHITE, its just color of skin, there is not race called black race in history, to me it sounds so uneducated. And you both fought brave together for your independence. But still after 200 years RACISM pursuing. I don't understand the psychology of american people, its so wired

  7. #57
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by majith87 View Post
    And you both fought brave together for your independence. I don't understand the psychology of american people, its so wired
    If you believe the former, you really don't understand American history any better than you understand American psycology.

  8. #58
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Holder has been more of a problem racially than Obama has.
    I'm honesty curious here.

    Have you been personally effected by this newly fomented racial problem?

    Again, I haven't seen hide nor hair of it and I'm smack dab in the middle of a very black city nearly every day of my life.

    Obama, Holder, other members of the admin, whoever we want to lay blame on as "the culprit", I just don't see it translating into actual racisim on the street.

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    Obama's race hasn't had much effect of the climate of race relations in our culture.

    His politics and agenda most certainly have.
    Same question. How has the rampant racisim instigated by these guys effected you personally?

  9. #59
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    Truth is, given his position as the "first Black president", President Obama has said shockingly little about race and what little he's said has been pretty muasured.
    He mentions race when it's politically convenient, like most other things he comments on. I can see where he gets the flack over his recent speech though, because it does help to reaffirm that Race played some part in the Zimmerman case (along with the actions of his administration through the DOJ and FBI), when I think he should have been more active in down playing such claims since the evidence hardly supports such a conclusion

  10. #60
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Has the election of a black POTUS led to more, no or less racsim in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I distinctly remember back ot the original campaign with all the racist signs - Obama as a voodoo witch doctor - Obama as a monkey - Obama as some troglodyte - that were at GOP rallies. And it has not gone away. Some of the tea party is fueled by this as well.

    But lets be serious here - are you actually taking the position that there is NO opposition to Obama based on racial animosity? Is that your position?

    just google - Obama nigger - and you will get over 2 million results including some very vile stuff. To deny its existence is to take a step or two into the twilight zone.
    meh, I bet there is more animosity over his perceived politics. Racism is just a convenient outlet for that

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •