View Poll Results: Two simple choices

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zimmerman

    1 9.09%
  • Ambassador Stevens Killers

    10 90.91%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Who should our Govt be arresting?

  1. #31
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Who should our Govt be arresting?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Just curious who our government is spending resources on bringing to justice?
    Zimmerman was found not guilty, and Ambassador Steven's killers are a product of our countless selfish interferences for personal gain. The US, of course, is concerned with neither.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Who should our Govt be arresting?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Wow there is some rocket science for ya; arresting people found guilty in a court of law? Hmm in my experience most of those people guilty in a court of law are already under arrest - so I'll give you a phat failure for a lame effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Don't people usually get arrested before they go to court, not after?
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Why would you arrest someone who has already been arrested and gone through the court system and been found guilty of the crime they were arrested for?
    Brain fail on my part. I realized it 10min after I posted... but I decided to let it be.

    My bad, my bad.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Who should our Govt be arresting?

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    Are you talking about Scalia, Thomas, Alito, and Roberts? If you are, yes, it's true that the Constitution means nothing to them, but they're not liberals my friend.
    Read what's been said in context, we're talking about the asshats who want to sue Zimmerman for civil rights violations.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Who should our Govt be arresting?

    It happens....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Brain fail on my part. I realized it 10min after I posted... but I decided to let it be.

    My bad, my bad.

  5. #35
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Who should our Govt be arresting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Only to the extent of my right to recover finanacial losses due to his action. If you cause finanacial harm, criminal courts won't deal that with unless it is the root crime itself (theft, burglary, embezzlement, fraud, etc.) and then only via liberty penalties (although some states have added restitution penalties).
    While you are correct in terms of what the courts presently do and don't do, it's still a situation of a defendant facing multiple trials for the same crime.

    Maybe we should reform the system and allow for financial penalties as part of the overall penalty phase in criminal trials.


    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    You can't see because you simply refuse to. The presumption of innocence is stressed simply to insure that the jurors are forced to start from that position, rather than the typical one of "he must have done something wrong or he wouldn't be here." Unless there is incontrovertible evidence of innocence (in which case there would never have been a trial at all) there is really no way to be certain a person is innocent simply based on evidence presented. All one can do is presume it and make the State show enough evidence to overcome reasonable doubt. Therefore, you may be willing to continue to presume innocence but that does not actually make it true. He could be guilty as hell, just lucky there wasn't enough evidence to show it.

    As for innocent people convicted? Yes it happens, and probably a lot more frequently then people believe. But we have an appellate system for that contingency which is free to examine any new information that arises. In the case of a "not guilty" verdict, we are prevented from retrial by the principle of doube jeopardy.
    If by " can't see because you simply refuse to" you mean that I refuse to buy into the spin and rationalization, then yes, you are correct.

    While I believe in "innocent until proven guilty" myself, and try to adhere to it as much as possible, it is by and large a myth. Most defendants in court already have two strikes against them (figuratively) before the trials even starts.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,733

    Re: Who should our Govt be arresting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    God love ya, low information voters!
    I really want to know who this "Stevens Killers" guy is.

    Or was that a horrible typo?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •