View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 79 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #781
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,992

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    More class warfare talk, Strucker? I just want to isolate wrong behaviors and hold the perpetrators accountable. You want a second civil war.

    More nonsensical gibberish. Again, I just want to isolate wrong behaviors and hold the perpetrators accountable. You want the coercion, or it's a second civil war.

    We both lose, Strucker. We lose a great nation to possibly the biggest sham in human history. How and why you can so easily cozy up to that notion, is beyond me.
    You still haven't explained why homosexuality is wrong. I accepted your challenge before and nothing but crickets since then
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  2. #782
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    More class warfare talk, Strucker? I just want to isolate wrong behaviors and hold the perpetrators accountable. You want a second civil war.


    More nonsensical gibberish. Again, I just want to isolate wrong behaviors and hold the perpetrators accountable. You want the coercion, or it's a second civil war.

    We both lose, Strucker. We lose a great nation to possibly the biggest sham in human history. How and why you can so easily cozy up to that notion, is beyond me.
    Kind of sounds like you want the ability to punish homosexuals for being homosexuals based purely on your own religious beliefs..If you have the ability to read another posters minds and intents,then so do others.Who elected you judge,jury,and executioner?

    I make a lot of money off gay weddings,should I be punished by you for it?
    Last edited by Verthaine; 07-25-13 at 06:07 PM.

  3. #783
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    08-04-13 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    More class warfare talk, Strucker?

    Yeah...my insistence that I don't dislike conservatives simply because I disagree with them is....class warfare.

    ???


    I just want to isolate wrong behaviors and hold the perpetrators accountable. You want a second civil war.
    I have no idea what you're on about.

    More nonsensical gibberish. Again, I just want to isolate wrong behaviors and hold the perpetrators accountable. You want the coercion, or it's a second civil war.
    No one's going to war over homosexuality.

    Hell, in twenty years, you'll be embarrassed enough to pretend that you always supported same sex marriage.

    We both lose, Strucker. We lose a great nation to possibly the biggest sham in human history. How and why you can so easily cozy up to that notion, is beyond me.

    Love is not a sham.

    and you won't lose your fine and wonderful nation. Mine is chugging along just fine, ten years after, and it's not even an issue any more.

    The opponents of homosexuality are losing...which means that the nations as a whole are gaining.
    ...for perhaps the most admirable among the admirable laws of Nature is the survival of the weakest.
    --Vladimir Nabokov

  4. #784
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    We both lose, Strucker. We lose a great nation to possibly the biggest sham in human history. How and why you can so easily cozy up to that notion, is beyond me.
    The notion that gay people aren't intrinsically evil is the "biggest sham in human history"? Bigger than the Aztecs cutting out people's hearts in order to appease a nonexistent evil sun god? Bigger than Hitler telling Germans that Jews were to blame for their troubles? Bigger than the billions of dollars that the Catholic church is sitting on and not using to feed hungry people... and cover up their employees raping children? Or thousands of royals and nobles throughout history who convinced millions of people to allow them power and luxury while everyone else starved by citing favor with other nonexistent gods? I'm sensing a theme here...

    Clearly, those are nothing compared with the idea of not persecuting homosexuals.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  5. #785
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    The notion that gay people aren't intrinsically evil is the "biggest sham in human history"?
    The problem isn't just the homosexuals. Think bigger.

  6. #786
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    You still haven't explained why homosexuality is wrong. I accepted your challenge before and nothing but crickets since then
    You know, I think I'm done using logic to explain the wrongs behind homosexuality. It's one of the reasons I've turned to the intangibles. Yes, I realize the spiritual utterly escapes you, but at this point I really don't care. This is a religious based thread, and this kind of thread is where I'm going to stay when discussing this kind subject. As I told you people before: I'm here to TELL you, not CONVINCE you. There's no such thing as convincing the Left of anything, anyways.

  7. #787
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,992

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    You know, I think I'm done using logic to explain the wrongs behind homosexuality. It's one of the reasons I've turned to the intangibles. Yes, I realize the spiritual utterly escapes you, but at this point I really don't care. This is a religious based thread, and this kind of thread is where I'm going to stay when discussing this kind subject. As I told you people before: I'm here to TELL you, not CONVINCE you. There's no such thing as convincing the Left of anything, anyways.
    Again I'm not a leftist despite what you think. Regardless I will tell you there is nothing wrong with being homosexual. PS this is in the Polls section not the religious section.
    I will say it again because this is a fact there is nothing wrong with being homosexual.
    one more time there is nothing wrong with being homosexual
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  8. #788
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    You know, I think I'm done using logic to explain the wrongs behind homosexuality. It's one of the reasons I've turned to the intangibles. Yes, I realize the spiritual utterly escapes you, but at this point I really don't care. This is a religious based thread, and this kind of thread is where I'm going to stay when discussing this kind subject. As I told you people before: I'm here to TELL you, not CONVINCE you. There's no such thing as convincing the Left of anything, anyways.
    Therein lies your problem."Logical" does not automatically equal "Correct". Maybe you should use physical evidence to back up your arguments,rather than "because I said so or my religion says so".
    Just saying.

  9. #789
    User ForcedAppeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    134

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Yes, God is loving, but he's also bound by justice.

    So your god is 'bound' by something? Why should it be BOUND by the concept of justice? From the stories, it's never been bound by that concept before.
    Amazing, this entire time I thought that this god of which you people speak created everything and is all powerful and yet unknowable, yet here you are proclaiming two aspects of it's essence. Simply amazing. I think I just had an epiphany. Thanks.

  10. #790
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Again I'm not a leftist despite what you think.
    You're a leftist as far as this thread is concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Regardless I will tell you there is nothing wrong with being homosexual.
    Great. We've both been told.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    PS this is in the Polls section not the religious section.
    PPS this is a religious based thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    I will say it again because this is a fact there is nothing wrong with being homosexual.
    one more time there is nothing wrong with being homosexual
    Great. That means I get to tell you 2 more times that this is a fact: homosexuality is wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •