View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 22 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #211
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    141

    re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Going to a Christian church does not make you a Christian.
    Yes, but everyone had their own beliefs. You can't tell someone what they believe. My boyfriend is Catholic and he is very devoted to his faith. He actively goes to church, prays, does confession, spreads the word. He has even been able to convince me back into Christianity. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they cant be religious.

  2. #212
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harekin View Post
    Yes, but everyone had their own beliefs. You can't tell someone what they believe. My boyfriend is Catholic and he is very devoted to his faith. He actively goes to church, prays, does confession, spreads the word. He has even been able to convince me back into Christianity. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they cant be religious.
    Religious =/= Christian
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #213
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    141

    re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Religious =/= Christian

    I thought we were in America and all religions were allowed. Which I might add, religious CAN mean Christian.

  4. #214
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harekin View Post
    I thought we were in America and all religions were allowed. Which I might add, religious CAN mean Christian.
    No religious cannot mean Christian actually. That being said, who said anything about not allowing other religions?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #215
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    141

    re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    No religious cannot mean Christian actually. That being said, who said anything about not allowing other religions?
    It seems that many who are trying to "stand against" homosexuality, are trying to act like the religions who accept it aren't meant for American way of life. So they stand behind the bible and select scriptures that favor their way of thinking without speaking about the accepting and loving everyone parts.

  6. #216
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harekin View Post
    It seems that many who are trying to "stand against" homosexuality, are trying to act like the religions who accept it aren't meant for American way of life. So they stand behind the bible and select scriptures that favor their way of thinking without speaking about the accepting and loving everyone parts.
    That's not true actually. A pretty bad misrepresentation. Also, wasn't what was being discussed here....

    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #217
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,204

    re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harekin View Post
    Yes, but everyone had their own beliefs. You can't tell someone what they believe. My boyfriend is Catholic and he is very devoted to his faith. He actively goes to church, prays, does confession, spreads the word. He has even been able to convince me back into Christianity. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they cant be religious.
    He is Christian, for one reason. He accepts Jesus as his Lord and savior. Don't part mind to anti biblical theology. No matter what anybody says your boyfriend knows what is in his heart. Charlatans think they know better which is why they are charlatans.

  8. #218
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    141

    re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    That's not true actually. A pretty bad misrepresentation. Also, wasn't what was being discussed here....

    Sorry. You are correct there actually. I misunderstood what you meant. But hey, we are all human aren't we?

    Anyway, what did you mean by going to a church doesn't make you Christian? Of course you are right, but where were you going with that?

  9. #219
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harekin View Post
    Sorry. You are correct there actually. I misunderstood what you meant. But hey, we are all human aren't we?

    Anyway, what did you mean by going to a church doesn't make you Christian? Of course you are right, but where were you going with that?
    The argument being proposed by a lot of people around here is that because a certain church accepts homosexuality and embraces it, or because a homosexual goes to church that means they are Christian and that the Bible doesn't actually speak against it. All of which are false.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #220
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,204

    re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harekin View Post
    It seems that many who are trying to "stand against" homosexuality, are trying to act like the religions who accept it aren't meant for American way of life. So they stand behind the bible and select scriptures that favor their way of thinking without speaking about the accepting and loving everyone parts.
    Its deeply ironic because these "beliefs" that people claim are Christian don't line up with every church. Then done people say that churches that disagree in theology with theirs are not Christian churches.

    this is the worst part of fundamentalism someone who is a fundamentalist is in fact saying that their beliefs are the only correct ones thus meaning that they think they are now God themselves. Or they have some special understanding not available to others yet they refuse to share. Thus is a profit of doom. You can know them by their words. I believe you are wise enough to know exactly what I mean.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •