View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 193 of 206 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1921
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    So yes, you are afraid that your child is smart enough to critically examine the things you say compared with others,
    So no, you didn't get what I just wrote you. I told you that pitting an impressionable mind against the lies of a gay activist teacher is unfair. Once he's in college, everything will be just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    and arrive at a reasoned conclusion that does not match your views.
    Hold on there, tough gal. Give me an example of how you think a teacher's "reasoned conclusion" would blow my conclusion out of the water.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Because apparently what these other "authority figures" (I assume you mean teachers) are saying makes so much more sense than what you're saying that even though it's supposedly wrong, it's a much more reasonable argument than yours. Shouldn't "the truth", as you put it, be the most compelling argument?
    You're a Socialist. Of course the teachers make more sense to you. Anything that has to do with HUGE government, ZERO morality, and lots and lots of anti-Christian rhetoric is absolute truth. The problem is, you are a Socialist, and that means your value system doesn't compute here. No, I don't trust my kid against a polished adult liar. Not until he's been sufficiently armed and matured.

  2. #1922
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    So no, you didn't get what I just wrote you. I told you that pitting an impressionable mind against the lies of a gay activist teacher is unfair. Once he's in college, everything will be just fine.

    Hold on there, tough gal. Give me an example of how you think a teacher's reasoned conclusion would blow my conclusion out of the water.

    You're a Socialist. Of course the teachers make more sense to you. Anything that has to do with HUGE government, ZERO morality, and lots and lots of anti-Christian rhetoric is absolute truth. The problem is, you are a Socialist, and that means your value system doesn't compute here. No, I don't trust my kid against a polished adult liar. Not until he's been sufficiently armed and matured.
    What makes one an activist? Challenging preconceptions? Requiring use of scientific method and data? Pushing for critical thought? I remember a nun who once told me if we didn't challenge our faith, it wasn't worth believing. Was she an activist teacher?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1923
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What makes one an activist?
    Someone who pushes an agenda. In this case it's people who push the gay agenda.

  4. #1924
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Someone who pushes an agenda. In this case it's people who push the gay agenda.
    As opposed to you that push an anti-gay agenda?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #1925
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Someone who pushes an agenda. In this case it's people who push the gay agenda.
    As if you don't have an agenda

  6. #1926
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    As if you don't have an agenda
    whats funny ive asked many people what this failed strawman is, what is the gay agenda, ive never got a factual or real answer

    its somethign made up
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1927
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    You're a Socialist. Of course the teachers make more sense to you. Anything that has to do with HUGE government, ZERO morality, and lots and lots of anti-Christian rhetoric is absolute truth. The problem is, you are a Socialist, and that means your value system doesn't compute here. No, I don't trust my kid against a polished adult liar. Not until he's been sufficiently armed and matured.
    When you can't come up with a valid argument, resort to ad hominem attacks.

    You don't know what socialism is.

  8. #1928
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    When you can't come up with a valid argument, resort to ad hominem attacks.
    What an utterly useless comment. How are my viewpoints not valid?

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    You don't know what socialism is.
    You don't know what freedom is.

  9. #1929
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    As if you don't have an agenda
    My agenda is to maintain what has already been.

  10. #1930
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    You don't know what freedom is.
    I believe in equality of opportunity for all, freedom of speech, press, religion, protest, etc, etc, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •