View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 192 of 206 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1911
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Are you so unsure of your conviction that you don't feel it will stand up to comparison with the views of others?
    Others meaning kids? No. My kid will handle himself just fine with other kids. It's the adults I'm hesitant over -- the authority figures. I'll put my kid's skills up against any of his peers, but I will not tolerate a rabid gay activist teacher wagging its finger in his face.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Shouldn't the right answer be identifiable and prove itself correct on its own merits? Why are you afraid to allow your child to learn opposing views and critically examine them?
    Leave that to college or even the senior year of high school. The first 16 or 17 years are mine. Somebody has to arm these kids with the truth, and pervert degenerates are not the ones to do it.
    Last edited by Dooble; 08-16-13 at 03:10 PM.

  2. #1912
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    There's not harm in them learning that something is legal.
    There's no harm in them learning that its illegal in the sight of God.

  3. #1913
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That's what home schooling is for. Then those same home-schooled kids can grow up and torture us on this debate form with their proud and endless use of logical fallacies.
    Somebody has to warn the unwashed masses...

  4. #1914
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,972

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    There's no harm in them learning that its illegal in the sight of God.
    That's what church and the home is for. If you want to protect them from "dangerous" ideas the only viable option is to take them out of school (and public, come to think of it).

  5. #1915
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,972

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Somebody has to warn the unwashed masses...
    Oh, so you're home schooled then?

  6. #1916
    Professor
    afr0byte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A blue state
    Last Seen
    09-12-13 @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    There's no harm in them learning that its illegal in the sight of God.
    There's no harm in them learning that some people think that. I agree, as long as they're not taught in such a way as to incite violence towards gay couples.

  7. #1917
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That's what church and the home is for. If you want to protect them from "dangerous" ideas the only viable option is to take them out of school (and public, come to think of it).
    No, we'll keep things the way they've been. The real danger is in the minds of bored revisionists. You people need to be silenced.

  8. #1918
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Oh, so you're home schooled then?
    Nope. But I ride under the same flag. We may not be able to convince the Democrat/Communist types, but it never hurts to at least tell them.
    Last edited by Dooble; 08-16-13 at 03:36 PM.

  9. #1919
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Others meaning kids? No. My kid will handle himself just fine with other kids. It's the adults I'm hesitant over -- the authority figures. I'll put my kid's skills up against any of his peers, but I will not tolerate a rabid gay activist teacher wagging its finger in his face.

    Leave that to college or even the senior year of high school. The first 16 or 17 years are mine. Somebody has to arm these kids with the truth, and pervert degenerates are not the ones to do it.
    So yes, you are afraid that your child is smart enough to critically examine the things you say compared with others, and arrive at a reasoned conclusion that does not match your views. Because apparently what these other "authority figures" (I assume you mean teachers) are saying makes so much more sense than what you're saying that even though it's supposedly wrong, it's a much more reasonable argument than yours. Shouldn't "the truth", as you put it, be the most compelling argument?
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  10. #1920
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    So yes, you are afraid that your child is smart enough to critically examine the things you say compared with others, and arrive at a reasoned conclusion that does not match your views. Because apparently what these other "authority figures" (I assume you mean teachers) are saying makes so much more sense than what you're saying that even though it's supposedly wrong, it's a much more reasonable argument than yours. Shouldn't "the truth", as you put it, be the most compelling argument?
    Not when it comes to the religious fanatic it isn't. They don't care about the truth, they care about their heartfelt religious beliefs. Since we know that the more intelligent and well-educated one is, the less likely they are to hold religious beliefs, especially fundamentalist religious beliefs, the overly-religious are right to fear knowledge, it will just drive their absurd religions into the ground faster than normal. The last thing these people want is for their kids to know "the truth" because the truth has nothing to do with their idiotic beliefs.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •