View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 178 of 206 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1771
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) which has NOTHING to do with my statment and what i said, thanks again for proving this fact
    2.) yes i can because you said my statment is wrong therfore you are FACTUALLY WRONG LMAO
    3.) meanignless to the discussion but thanks for another pointless point that doesnt change the facts i stated

    facts defeat you and you lose to them again
    PLEASE keep this up so we can make sure that if there is any respected and honest posters left that havent written you off already they will shortly

    lets reflect:
    according to the bible homosexuality in itself is not sin this fact has been proven repeatedly

    let us know when this fact changes, if you disagree by all means FACTUALLY prove otherwise
    I have proven otherwise. You don't understand or know how to interpret the Bible, or even the English Language. Greek, Textual criticism, Historical Context, English Language, Dictionaries, Commentaries, Word Studies, all go against your position. You try to spin things and play semantics to try and make it look like I am an idiot and don't know what I am talking about. All of the rubbish that comes out of your keyboard is what is false, and not factual. I don't care if you think I'm an idiot, or if anyone else is crazy enough to listen to you, the facts do not change that I am right and point to my position whether you choose to believe it or not.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #1772
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,201

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) per the definition you posted it supports me and my statement and proves you wrong when you call my statements not true
    yes i noticed and i have thanked you for proving me right and yourself wrong
    2.) yes i know, see 1#
    3.) nope you are lying and sinning again, unless you are trying to now claim i wasn't referring to definition one and i didnt make it very clear how im using the term and how the bibles uses?

    is this the lie you are trying to claim now? lol

    facts defeat you and you lose to them again
    PLEASE keep this up so we can make sure that if there is any respected and honest posters left that havent written you off already they will shortly

    lets reflect:
    according to the bible homosexuality in itself is not sin this fact has been proven repeatedly

    let us know when this fact changes, if you disagree by all means FACTUALLY prove otherwise
    I wouldn't bother with David. He thinks his interpretations are the only correct ones. everybody else is wrong. He is the problem with christianity.

  3. #1773
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    1.)I have proven otherwise.
    2.)You don't understand or know how to interpret the Bible, or even the English Language.
    3.)Greek, Textual criticism, Historical Context, English Language, Dictionaries, Commentaries, Word Studies, all go against your position.
    4.) You try to spin things and play semantics to try and make it look like I am an idiot and don't know what I am talking about.
    5.) All of the rubbish that comes out of your keyboard is what is false, and not factual.
    6.) I don't care if you think I'm an idiot
    7.) or if anyone else is crazy enough to listen to you
    8.) the facts do not change
    9.)hat I am right and point to my position whether you choose to believe it or not.
    1.) this is a factual lie, you have not proven my statement to be anything but a fact. If you disagree PLEASE PLEASE do so now, we would love to read it
    2.) yeah, me, the pope, the bible and the dictionary got it all wrong LMAO
    3.) another lie you just made up
    4.) another lie, nothing was spun i used the bible and its exact worse along with the verses you posted and the dictionary definition that you posted and they all prove my statement true and destroyed your lies
    5.) thread history, the bible, the verses you posted, the pope, other posters and facts all prove your statement wrong
    6.) never called you an idiot, please stop making stuff up just pointed out the fact that calling my statement wrong is false
    7.) nobody is listening to "me" they are just acknowledging the facts provided in this thread that destory you
    8.) i agree the facts dont change just because you are wrong and want them too
    9.) belives play not part here

    again, the dictionary, the bible, the verses you posted, the pope and facts all prove you wrong

    facts defeat you and you lose to them again

    lets reflect:
    according to the bible homosexuality in itself is not sin this fact has been proven repeatedly

    let us know when this fact changes, if you disagree by all means FACTUALLY prove otherwise

    we are waiting, i wonder what you will do?

    admit you are wrong?
    make up more lies and failed insults?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1774
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I wouldn't bother with David. He thinks his interpretations are the only correct ones. everybody else is wrong. He is the problem with christianity.
    its to much fun not to expose his post though

    if some other honest entertaining conversation was going on id quickly get bored with proving his posts and lies wrong but i haven't seen anything else yet.

    Thanks though
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1775
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,769

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I wouldn't bother with David. He thinks his interpretations are the only correct ones. everybody else is wrong. He is the problem with christianity.
    Well no, the problem with Christianity is Christianity. Luckily, it looks like only about 30% of American self-identified Christians actually buy into the religious bullpucky, the rest think that religion is all about living a good life and being nice to each other It's just that there are a certain small percentage of those 30% of religious Americans who take it really, really, really seriously and those people are so delusional, talking to them at all is really pointless. They tend to live in a complete fantasy world, as appears to be the case here.

    It's just easier to let them rant on their own, they have no capacity for changing their minds and no interest in reality.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #1776
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Let me preface by saying if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck. To me, all this judgement of others because they "sin," in a manner that differs from the way you "sin," is poppycock to begin with.

    But in the spirit of the thread I will play along.....

    All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Why would any other sinner be allowed into the gates of heaven and homosexuals be banned?

    Please explain to me your interpretation of Romans 10:9.
    Salvation is from seeking truth.

    "Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord?
    Who may stand in his holy place?
    4 The one who has clean hands and a pure heart,
    who does not trust in an idol
    or swear by a false god."

    Psalm 24

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #1777
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    No, society as a whole gets to decide the function and purpose of marriage since society is what came up with marriage in the first place. In the United States, and indeed in most of the world, societies have been deciding that gay marriage is acceptable and that equal rights for gays is the way to go. They express this through their votes. More and more states and nations are doing that. If your side had the votes and the widespread support that you seem to think you do, then the votes would be going the other way, but they're not.
    Society decides squat. Truth is not the majority opinion. What a terrible definition.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  8. #1778
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Jesus: this above all else, love one another.
    Pretty sure he said love the Lord your God first before love your neighbor.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #1779
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,769

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Society decides squat. Truth is not the majority opinion. What a terrible definition.
    Society decides what the speed limits are, what age people can drive, what age people can drink, society decides *EVERYTHING*. Society determines laws and rules and morals. You'd have to demonstrate that you can get to "truth" any other way, or that a singular "truth" actually exists. Just because you want it to be so doesn't mean it actually is.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #1780
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Society decides squat. Truth is not the majority opinion. What a terrible definition.
    weird i didnt see the part where he said" truth" is decided by majority opinion? I believe he was talking about marriage
    can you link or bold where he said that please or show me where marriage is FACTUALLY defined and why/how it cant be any other way besides the way you say
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •