View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 175 of 206 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1741
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    The Pope....I'm not Catholic....

    That being said, Why would those who practice homosexuality not enter heaven? Because it is sin.

    Here is what 1 Timothy says:



    Pretty clear that it is sin.
    Let me preface by saying if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck. To me, all this judgement of others because they "sin," in a manner that differs from the way you "sin," is poppycock to begin with.

    But in the spirit of the thread I will play along.....

    All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Why would any other sinner be allowed into the gates of heaven and homosexuals be banned?

    Please explain to me your interpretation of Romans 10:9.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  2. #1742
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) yes the pope
    2.) never said you were
    3.) "practice" who said practice? there you go again being dishonest and making stuff up
    4.) thank you for posting this and proving that Timothy never says homosexuality itself is sin, your own post proves my statment true, thanks
    5.) only if you are dishonest and ignore facts, it actually proves my statement true, i post it again
    The passage said practice actually. What do you think Timothy was talking about? Sin, you should probably brush up on your reading skills for that.

    I didn't ignore facts, you apparently can't read.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #1743
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Let me preface by saying if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck. To me, all this judgement of others because they "sin," in a manner that differs from the way you "sin," is poppycock to begin with.

    But in the spirit of the thread I will play along.....

    All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Why would any other sinner be allowed into the gates of heaven and homosexuals be banned?

    Please explain to me your interpretation of Romans 10:9.
    Of course all of sinned, you seem to think we only address one sin. That's not the case. The problem is people are blatantly flaunting that sin and not turning from it. We also discuss other sins, they just don't get the publicity from the MSM.

    It means exactly what it says, to counter where you are going with that, what do you think Romans 6 means?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  4. #1744
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    1.)The passage said practice actually.
    2.) What do you think Timothy was talking about? Sin
    3.) you should probably brush up on your reading skills for that.
    4.)I didn't ignore facts,
    5.)you apparently can't read.
    1.) yes it did, thank you for acknowledging that fact that the passage did and my statement did not.
    its this fact that proves you wrong and my statement to be true.
    2.) you already told me and the passage already said what he was talking about "practice" which is exactly why my statement is a fact
    3.) instead of being uncivil and trying failed insults that further expose your dishonesty and lack of education on this matter you should brush up on English.
    4.) yes you did, YOU just proved it, you referred to something i never said
    5.) again you just proved the fact that i can and you cant

    thanks, you lose to facts again

    lets reflect:
    according to the bible homosexuality in itself is not sin in this fact has been proven repeatedly

    let us know when this fact changes, if you disagree by all means FACTUALLY prove otherwise
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1745
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Or I can just study the original languages and context myself thanks.
    Only if you're Truely qualified.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1746
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) yes it did, thank you for acknowledging that fact that the passage did and my statement did not.
    its this fact that proves you wrong and my statement to be true.
    2.) you already told me and the passage already said what he was talking about "practice" which is exactly why my statement is a fact
    3.) instead of being uncivil and trying failed insults that further expose your dishonesty and lack of education on this matter you should brush up on English.
    4.) yes you did, YOU just proved it, you referred to something i never said
    5.) again you just proved the fact that i can and you cant

    thanks, you lose to facts again

    lets reflect:
    according to the bible homosexuality in itself is not sin in this fact has been proven repeatedly

    let us know when this fact changes, if you disagree by all means FACTUALLY prove otherwise
    How, according to the Bible is it NOT sin? Do answer that one, I have shown you the verses that shows that it is, you claim that it is not, therefore BOP is on you.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #1747
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    1.)How, according to the Bible is it NOT sin? Do answer that one
    2.) I have shown you the verses that shows that it is
    3.), you claim that it is not
    4.) therefore BOP is on you.
    1.) easy because the bibles says the acts are a sin, something your dishonesty or ignoorance of this subject seems to not allow you to understand.
    2.) nope you showed me verses that say the act is a sin
    3.) 100% wrong, :i: dont claim anything, im pointing out facts that your verse support and prove
    4.) there no burden of proof, your verses and you already took care of that for me

    YOU pointed out that i never said practice when i asked you and YOU posted verses that YOU admitted DO referre to PRACTICE

    you lose gain to facts, thanks for further proving it

    lets reflect:
    according to the bible homosexuality in itself is not sin in this fact has been proven repeatedly

    let us know when this fact changes, if you disagree by all means FACTUALLY prove otherwise
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1748
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes it is. And I sat here and listened to self professed conservatives give their unequivocal support for it. They forget their principles and morals when convenient.
    I support waterboarding. It's a wonderful tactic to extract critical information. It's just too bad the dope smoking peaceniks were allowed to screw everything up. Does anyone else believe liberals are freedom hating Communists?

  9. #1749
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) easy because the bibles says the acts are a sin, something your dishonesty or ignoorance of this subject seems to not allow you to understand.
    2.) nope you showed me verses that say the act is a sin
    3.) 100% wrong, :i: dont claim anything, im pointing out facts that your verse support and prove
    4.) there no burden of proof, your verses and you already took care of that for me

    YOU pointed out that i never said practice when i asked you and YOU posted verses that YOU admitted DO referre to PRACTICE

    you lose gain to facts, thanks for further proving it

    lets reflect:
    according to the bible homosexuality in itself is not sin in this fact has been proven repeatedly

    let us know when this fact changes, if you disagree by all means FACTUALLY prove otherwise
    You actually said WHO said practice and I told you the text did, so I'm not sure how that proves anything.

    Romans 1, clearly describes homoexuality as a sin. Sin is anything that goes against God's design. Homosexuality fits that bill. That being said, homosexuality as an "orientation" is a new idea, and is not what we are talking about. We are talking about the traditional definitions of homosexuality. You cannot tell me that there is a person out there who is a homosexual who has not done a homosexual act whether it is lust or something further more tangible. That being said, you cannot tell me that Homosexuality is not a sin no matter how bad you want it to be anything else.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #1750
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I support waterboarding. It's a wonderful tactic to extract critical information. It's just too bad the dope smoking peaceniks were allowed to screw everything up. Does anyone else believe liberals are freedom hating Communists?
    Only idiots believe that.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •