View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 161 of 206 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1601
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's a cop out. I get to marry person I love and am attracted to. They deserve the same.
    Wrong. It's normal thinking. It's how normal people think. It's how people who understand their biological functions, think. It's how people who aren't perverts, think. You get to marry the person you love and are attracted to because you are normal, in that respect.

    I want homosexuals (and bisexuals for that matter) to have the same rights I have. Now they're getting more. Where's the justice in that?

  2. #1602
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,563
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Wrong. It's normal thinking. It's how normal people think. It's how people who understand their biological functions, think. It's how people who aren't perverts, think. You get to marry the person you love and are attracted to because you are normal, in that respect.

    I want homosexuals (and bisexuals for that matter) to have the same rights I have. Now they're getting more. Where's the justice in that?
    NORMAL people? You do understand that "normal" is completely relative?

    NORMAL was used to disenfranchise, abuse, and exterminate whole nations of people throughout history. Doubt that? Ask the Jews, Armenians, Cambodian intelligentsia, Native Americans, Russian Kulaks, Tasmanian aborogines, etc. etc. etc., if you can find any survivors.

    If you want "homosexuals to have the same rights as you" then recognize there are no such things as "special rights;" and that everything you can do they should be allowed to do without objections.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  3. #1603
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Wrong. It's normal thinking. It's how normal people think. It's how people who understand their biological functions, think. It's how people who aren't perverts, think. You get to marry the person you love and are attracted to because you are normal, in that respect.

    I want homosexuals (and bisexuals for that matter) to have the same rights I have. Now they're getting more. Where's the justice in that?
    Nonsense. And no, you get to marry the person you love and are attracted to. Thy don't. Sorry, but you are denying them the same right you have. You're trying to run their lives. That's unAmerican.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1604
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    NORMAL people? You do understand that "normal" is completely relative?
    No, I don't understand that. What I do understand is that we've been doing the same thing with marriage since this country's inception. THAT has been normal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    NORMAL was used to disenfranchise, abuse, and exterminate whole nations of people throughout history. Doubt that? Ask the Jews, Armenians, Cambodian intelligentsia, Native Americans, Russian Kulaks, Tasmanian aborogines, etc. etc. etc., if you can find any survivors.
    "Normal" in this case, is marriage between a man and a woman. And I'm sure I could find thousands and thousands of homosexuals who have survived your so-called "disenfranchisement".

    Oh, just so you know, you have to actually be franchised before you can be disenfranchised.
    Last edited by Dooble; 08-05-13 at 04:14 PM.

  5. #1605
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nonsense. And no, you get to marry the person you love and are attracted to. Thy don't. Sorry, but you are denying them the same right you have. You're trying to run their lives. That's unAmerican.
    Uh-uh. Leftists hate the stability families have brought, and gay marriage is just one more attack they've launched on the institution. THAT is un-American.
    Last edited by Dooble; 08-05-13 at 04:13 PM.

  6. #1606
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Uh-uh. Leftists hate the stability families have brought, and gay marriage is just more attack they've launched on the institution. THAT is un-American.
    It's always a bad sign when someone starts arguing with leftists and rightists instead of the person before them. As I've been married for over 30 years, raised two children, and housed more, saying I hate stable families is simply factually inaccurate. You are relying on stick stereotypes and debating the actual issue. This too s a sign of failure on your part.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's always a bad sign when someone starts arguing with leftists and rightists instead of the person before them. As I've been married for over 30 years, raised two children, and housed more, saying I hate stable families is simply factually inaccurate. You are relying on stick stereotypes and debating the actual issue. This too s a sign of failure on your part.
    Wrong. It means that apparently you've managed to keep your family together despite external forces trying to rip it apart, so kudos to you. The question then must be asked, what is your definition of stable? Are your kids occupy anywhere disciples, or have they been instilled with sound moral values?

  8. #1608
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,007

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Wrong. It means that apparently you've managed to keep your family together despite external forces trying to rip it apart, so kudos to you. The question then must be asked, what is your definition of stable? Are your kids occupy anywhere disciples, or have they been instilled with sound moral values?
    Ever notice how fascists always claim anyone who disagrees with them is a leftist or a communist?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  9. #1609
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    My firm belief is that none of the religions listed will be able to resist the rabid homosexual attacks.
    If they want to ruin your organization they will and will have the power of the government on their side.

  10. #1610
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Ever notice how fascists always claim anyone who disagrees with them is a leftist or a communist?
    I get fascists disagreeing with me to. Leftists and Communists are more or less one in the same. I notice combinations of all three in some people, so conversations get somewhat interesting at times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •