View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 156 of 206 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1551
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    But that's not turning out to be organized religion, almost all religions, across the board, are falling apart and studies are showing that only about 30% of self-identified theists actually care about belief in gods, they're identifying being religious as living a good life, not as holding correct beliefs.
    People of a group believing something does that make the belief of the group that thing. In fact, a temporal worldview is the subject of scorn in the Gospels. "The poor you will always have with you"

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  2. #1552
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    They didn't have actual data to back them up like we have today. The Southern Baptists, for instance, acknowledge that they lost over 100,000 members just last year alone.
    Again, they've always been proven wrong. Religion is here to stay. There are 1 billion Catholics alone.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  3. #1553
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I dunna know it took them a long time to accept the Medicis as a power force in image making. It also took them a long time to accept (officially) a heliocentric universe over a geocentric universe. Ideas understanding march a lot different now a days.
    Heliocentrism and geocentrism are not matters of theology and morals! Science is not the domain of the Church!

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  4. #1554
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sadly, that's likely true.
    You say sadly, I applaud them for not caving into modern relativism.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  5. #1555
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Again, they've always been proven wrong. Religion is here to stay. There are 1 billion Catholics alone.
    And that number is shrinking all the time, in fact, in their stronghold countries in South America, Catholicism is falling apart. That's why Francis went to Brazil, to try to shore up the faithful.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #1556
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    People of a group believing something does that make the belief of the group that thing. In fact, a temporal worldview is the subject of scorn in the Gospels. "The poor you will always have with you"
    The Catholic Church in particular relies on that, the poor are the people who are most gullible and likely to fall for Catholic dogma. In first world countries especially, religion is failing miserably.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #1557
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    You say sadly, I applaud them for not caving into modern relativism.
    Relativism? I often wonder if people know what that word means. I say sadly because they are simply wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1558
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The Catholic Church in particular relies on that, the poor are the people who are most gullible and likely to fall for Catholic dogma. In first world countries especially, religion is failing miserably.
    You know me, poor, miserable, and gullible.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #1559
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Relativism? I often wonder if people know what that word means. I say sadly because they are simply wrong.
    The denial of the basic function and purpose of marriage and condemning those who defends it is only justified by a belief in moral relativism. The denial of the absolute truth of gender roles and the family's central role in society.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  10. #1560
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    You know me, poor, miserable, and gullible.
    You said it, not me.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •