View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 136 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1351
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    All others are in one way or another based off that misreading. Learned that years ago in an actual book. The misreading s so ingrained, there is reluctance to actually change it. Like I said, reading is good.
    Also incorrect. Everything does not rise and fall on the KJV. Nice try though.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #1352
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    That was not the origination of marriage, you do realize that right?
    Religious marriage is not legal marriage you realize that right?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  3. #1353
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Then it is not marriage.
    I have to disagree. I don't dispute the state's right to recognize marriage (nor does the Church for that matter).

  4. #1354
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Religious marriage is not legal marriage you realize that right?
    You are wrong. A religious marriage can be a legal marriage. The difference is between religious and civil marriage.

  5. #1355
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,670

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Supernatural events. Unless of course you believe God is not all-powerful, then of course you won't believe it.
    Well, there you have it.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #1356
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,003

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Prove it.
    prove it will. the onus is on you not the other way around.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  7. #1357
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Religious marriage is not legal marriage you realize that right?
    Did I say it was?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #1358
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    And how do you know who made the building? The builder tells you, and witnesses tell you. Guess what we have with creation?
    I could say I built it. I could provide witnesses as well. Enough incentive, and I could have witnesses saying I built everything. The point is, you have to have actual, verifiable evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1359
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Also incorrect. Everything does not rise and fall on the KJV. Nice try though.
    No, as I said, I've read a book. Not just my heart felt belief.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1360
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I could say I built it. I could provide witnesses as well. Enough incentive, and I could have witnesses saying I built everything. The point is, you have to have actual, verifiable evidence.
    The fact that there is evidence of a creator is proof that something was created by someone. The Universe was created by someone. It didn't just happen.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •