View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 135 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1341
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    When you see a building you know it has a creator, when you see the earth you know the same. You are too intricate to have just happened. Not to mention, the Creator himself told us what happened and gave us rules for life.

    You can't expect science to prove creation because it can't. It was supernatural. Science is not the end all be all authority, it just isn't.
    But just seeing the building doesn't tell me the who and how. I might be willing to accept the little green toad just wished it, but I'd still have to prove that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    Only the religious sacrament of marriage is sacred, not civil marriage. That doesn't mean that I feel the civil institution of marriage isn't important and shouldn't be conserved. But there is a difference. A civil institution is not "sacred".
    Then that civil institution should receive another name, as 'marriage' is already taken.

  3. #1343
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, true. This is something fundamentalists get very wrong. But feel free to provide verifiable evidence. Not just feeling or faith.
    Supernatural events. Unless of course you believe God is not all-powerful, then of course you won't believe it.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  4. #1344
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    Only the religious sacrament of marriage is sacred, not civil marriage. That doesn't mean that I feel the civil institution of marriage isn't important and shouldn't be conserved. But there is a difference. A civil institution is not "sacred".
    Then it is not marriage.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #1345
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Show me the indisputable proof. 100% indisputable proof.
    It is not my duty to enlighten you. You must find your own path. The path you have chosen is better than some others I can think of.

    I have neither the time or inclination to get into a discussion regarding the factual possibilities regarding virgin birth, seas parting, water into wine, raising people from the dead, sticks that turn into snakes, demons cast in to a herd of swine, and the list goes on. I can accept the parable messages as simply stories to help humankind understand how to live better in society just as I understand that every Grimm's fairy tale, told to children, has a moral objective.

    Neither did I involve myself in discussions regarding the powers of Dungeons and Dragon characters and their assigned powers. Because we can talk until we are blue in the face and at the end of the day, it's still only make believe.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #1346
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I'm not using the King James.....
    All others are in one way or another based off that misreading. Learned that years ago in an actual book. The misreading s so ingrained, there is reluctance to actually change it. Like I said, reading is good.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1347
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But just seeing the building doesn't tell me the who and how. I might be willing to accept the little green toad just wished it, but I'd still have to prove that.
    And how do you know who made the building? The builder tells you, and witnesses tell you. Guess what we have with creation?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #1348
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    It is not my duty to enlighten you. You must find your own path. The path you have chosen is better than some others I can think of.

    I have neither the time or inclination to get into a discussion regarding the factual possibilities regarding virgin birth, seas parting, water into wine, raising people from the dead, sticks that turn into snakes, demons cast in to a herd of swine, and the list goes on. I can accept the parable messages as simply stories to help humankind understand how to live better in society just as I understand that every Grimm's fairy tale, told to children, has a moral objective.

    Neither did I involve myself in discussions regarding the powers of Dungeons and Dragon characters and their assigned powers. Because we can talk until we are blue in the face and at the end of the day, it's still only make believe.
    Except DD is make believe, the Bible is not.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #1349
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,006

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    And how far back is carbon dating accurate? By the way I didn't say the world is 6k years old. I hold to something closer to 10-15k.

    Myths Regarding Radiocarbon Dating
    non scientific religious based sites are not a good way to learn anything

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dating
    Carbon Dating Gets a Reset: Scientific American
    Carbon Dating Background
    Carbon Dating & Archaeology CyArk
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  10. #1350
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Then that civil institution should receive another name, as 'marriage' is already taken.
    Since civil marriage - as it has existed until today - serves the same purpose as religious marriage, albeit without the religious component, I have to disagree with you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •