View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 134 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1331
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Unfortunately, they were wrong. Romans is pretty clear on the subject.
    I addressed Romans both earlier and above. Romans is a misreading largely distorted by king James. So, the misreading is clear.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The rules of logic are that you don't go about disproving anything. You prove. Frankly, the burden of proof is really on the believer. Even if you believe theories like evolution are not proven, you have to provide at least as much evidence as the evolution theorist if you're going to back your claim.
    Or you can simply convey the message and let the receiver do whatever he wishes with the information received. That's the best approach, anyways.

  3. #1333
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,004

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    In your opinion, but you are wrong. Marriage is sacred, so not only does SSM corrupt it, so does all of the other marriages that aren't based on pure reasons and don't follow their vows.
    No marriage is a civil contract recognized by the state. You can get married in a religious ceremony but if it is not recognized by the state it has no legal meaning.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  4. #1334
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    No, not true.
    No, true. This is something fundamentalists get very wrong. But feel free to provide verifiable evidence. Not just feeling or faith.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1335
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    My god this has been belaboured to death.
    Carbon dating for one no need to go on from there as it disproves your 6k year old world.

    You make the (false) claim that genesis is real you prove it. in fact prove any of your belief system is real.
    And how far back is carbon dating accurate? By the way I didn't say the world is 6k years old. I hold to something closer to 10-15k.

    Myths Regarding Radiocarbon Dating
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  6. #1336
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Or you can simply convey the message and let the receiver do whatever he wishes with the information received. That's the best approach, anyways.
    If you're lazy or not really seeking to betaken seriously. Sure.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    marriage will not be corrupted by SSM.
    Prove it.

  8. #1338
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    In your opinion, but you are wrong. Marriage is sacred, so not only does SSM corrupt it, so does all of the other marriages that aren't based on pure reasons and don't follow their vows.
    Only the religious sacrament of marriage is sacred, not civil marriage. That doesn't mean that I feel the civil institution of marriage isn't important and shouldn't be conserved. But there is a difference. A civil institution is not "sacred".

  9. #1339
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I addressed Romans both earlier and above. Romans is a misreading largely distorted by king James. So, the misreading is clear.
    I'm not using the King James.....
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #1340
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    No marriage is a civil contract recognized by the state. You can get married in a religious ceremony but if it is not recognized by the state it has no legal meaning.
    That was not the origination of marriage, you do realize that right?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •